Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Calm Down Bottle / Time Out Timer

Banned

Calm Down Bottle / Time Out Timer

Advertisements
    My sister had this posted on facebook and I thought it was too creative not to share.

Sooooo… I have a three-year-old little girl who is full of drama. Probably not the only one in history, but one of my current dilemmas. When time out time comes for bad behaviour I find myself with a little girl on the bottom step screaming, kicking walls and not able to even calm down enough to learn her lesson. This was getting worse and worse until I told my husband, “there has to be a better way, I’m going to research this.” So I went online and read other mom’s advice, dr’s advice, psychologist’s advice, etc. Nothing was really working. Finally I saw something called a mind jar. This was a mason jar filled with water, clear gel glue and ultra fine glitter. You shake it and the glitter settles slowly as you watch you relax. The original ones I saw were to teach children to meditate (not my goal). I loved the idea of getting Bella to focus on something else and relax. Then I saw on Pinterest that some moms were using it as a timer for time out also. Genius! So I didn’t have to watch the clock or set a timer, and it would calm my Bella.

Relax Bottle/Time Out Timer | My Crazy Blessed Life!
  2. Senior Member
    I saw these on Pinterest and I really love the idea! Your sister's came out very pretty too.
    Never do anything halfway unless you want to be half happy.

Is this a dream? If it is, please don't wake me from this high. I'd become comfortably numb
    until you opened up my eyes to what it's like when everything is right...I can't believe you found me ♥
  3. cuz i'm wonderful
    cuz i'm wonderful
    That's a really awesome idea! As a kid, though, I would have totally messed up the timer part by shaking it.
  4. Senior Member
    I made one for Aidan. Out of a vitamin water bottle, and just regular glitter. He loves it. It really does help him focus when he's getting overstimulated and on the verge of a meltdown.
  5. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

I have a couple of these for Aubs She loves them!
    ​​​

“Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known.” -- Carl Sagan

6. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    I've seen these and been curious. How long do they keep the children in "time out" while the glitter settles?
  7. aka Milfon2Wheelz
    aka Milfon2Wheelz

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
    I've seen these and been curious. How long do they keep the children in "time out" while the glitter settles?
    Thats what the gel glue is. You put the water and glitter in a bottle and glue their asses to the chair to watch it.
  8. I miss Target & Trader Joe's, open roads & the smell of home
    I miss Target & Trader Joe's, open roads & the smell of home

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
    I scrolled through the comments on the blog, and it looks like 5 minutes? I wonder if it would take longer if you used more glue?
  9. BingBangBoom that's how babies are made
    BingBangBoom that's how babies are made
    Quote Originally Posted by BraveLilToaster View Post
    Thats what the gel glue is. You put the water and glitter in a bottle and glue their asses to the chair to watch it.

"Thank you so much. No matter what, nothing is possible without you behind the scenes bustin heads and takin names. Thank you again. Everything you have done for me means a lot and nothing has gone unnoticed. I love you so much and thank you for saying 'I do.'"
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by ofnyandrome View Post
    I scrolled through the comments on the blog, and it looks like 5 minutes? I wonder if it would take longer if you used more glue?
    From what I gathered you add more water or glue depending on if you want it to settle faster (more water) or slower (more glue) I haven't actually made one yet but I'll be buying the stuff Tuesday.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast