Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: What's your Sign?

1. Miss Suit&Tie
    Miss Suit&Tie

What's your Sign?

Advertisements
    First off, let me just say that I don't believe in star signs (oddly enough though, apparently that is something my sign would say). But I was talking to my old roomie who does hold a lot of stock in astrology. He damn near freaked out on me when I told him DB's sign, telling me that a match more perfect couldn't exist. Thought it might be fun to see other couples signs and what astrology had to say about then too.

this is ours:

Taurus and Virgo Love Compatibility - Astrology.com

When Taurus and Virgo come together in a love affair, itís a union of innate practicality. Both of these Signs employ practicality in their daily lives as the most efficient means to most problems. They can be quite sincere and devoted to one another; as people, both have a great deal of integrity. Virgo likes Taurusís strength and dedication while Taurus appreciates Virgoís quick mind.
    Due to Virgoís naturally cautious nature, this relationship can take awhile to develop, but once itís established that both partners are in it for the long haul, itís like a runaway locomotive, running on its own power and difficult to stop. These two Signs have much in common: They highly value common sense and practicality; theyíre both materialistic but work hard for the creature comforts they so enjoy. Taurus is more sensual and indulgent than Virgo is; Virgo tends to be the inhibitive force in the relationship, tending not to get involved in the chaos of life in favor of analyzing all available options. Virgoís analysis leads to criticism, which Taurus can tend to take too seriously. Conversely, Taurusís stubborn nature can get on Virgoís nerves, causing Virgo to criticize even more! This pair must take care not to take one another too seriously. The good thing is, theyíre similar enough that they can learn to be patient with one another, especially Virgo, who loves to indulge Taurusís penchant for fine treatment and good food.
    Taurus is ruled by Venus (Love and Money) and Virgo is ruled by Mercury (Communication). Both of these Planets are close to the Sun, so theyíre closely related though they seem very different. Venus is physical; itís about romance and sensuality, both of which are important to Taurus. Mercury is about communication and itís androgynous ó Virgo will take on the form that it chooses. Virgo is very good at understanding other people and can easily learn to be the romantic and sensual partner that Taurus loves. Both partners are so devoted and romantic, their arguments surely wonít focus on those issues.
    Taurus and Virgo are both Earth Signs. Earth Signs are steady and practical, concerned with possessions. Taurus and Virgo together love to surround themselves with beautiful things ó an opulent home, gorgeous artwork, classy cars. Their love of luxury and their desire to be financially secure ensure that this couple will work hard who never overspend.
    Taurus is a Fixed Sign and Virgo is a Mutable Sign. Taurus is stubborn and tends to make up their mind for good; more flexible Virgo can help teach Taurus the value in bending the mind a bit ó when itís practical, of course.
    Whatís the best aspect of the Taurus-Virgo relationship? Their dedication to working toward the same goals. Both partners enjoy luxury and nice things, and Virgo likes helping Taurus achieve their goals. Their common interests and desires make theirs a highly compatible relationship.
  2. I like my beats fast and my bass down low
    I like my beats fast and my bass down low
    I don't read my horoscope often, but find that both my astrological and Chinese zodiac signs are fairly spot on regarding my personality traits (not all traits, but most)...and for DH as well. I'm a Leo/Dragon & DH is a Pisces/Rabbit:

Leo and Pisces Love Compatibility - Astrology.com

When Leo and Pisces join together in a love match, each partner enjoys the new perspective the other brings to life in general. Leo is a strong and assertive Sign, being free to do what they want and taking command of their surroundings. Pisces is quieter and more reserved and introspective. In many ways the two are polar opposites, yet both are dreamers at heart. When they care for one another, they each fill the otherís voids and have a caring, mutually beneficial relationship.
    Leo is a natural leader and in a relationship with Pisces often becomes the guardian of their weaker partner. Pisces, in turn, gives Leo the audience they need for their ambitions and social performances. Pisces is a Sign that, like Water, fills whatever container it is poured into. Pisces tends to give themselves over to their love match; a kind heart allows The Fish to know Leo in a way that many other Signs donít. Leoís straight forwardness coupled with that doesnít pass into conceit ó the way Leo alone might act ó and isnít overly shy, like Pisces alone may be.
    Leo is ruled by The Sun and Pisces is ruled by the Planet Jupiter. Pisces is also ruled by Neptune. The Sun gives out light, life and a focus on the Self to the Leo-Pisces relationship. Neptune is about big pictures, ideas and illusions; but itís also involved with disillusion and fantasy. Leo can help Pisces turn fantasies into realities. Neptune works through Pisces by softening Leoís sometimes self-centered and abrupt actions, channeling their energy into a more creative and fruitful outlet.
    Leo is a Fire Sign and Pisces is a Water Sign. These two can be very happy and progressive if they recognize the otherís needs, using introspection and creative ambition to tend to matters of the heart. Pisces can help Leo learn to be humble and to think of the needs of others, while Leo teaches Pisces to go out into the world and begin to loosen up a bit. But Pisces can be too emotional, too much Water dampening Leoís enthusiasm. Conversely, too much Fire can boil the Water and leave Pisces emotionally burned. Leo and Pisces must establish effective communication in order to ensure their balance is maintained.
    Leo is a Fixed Sign and Pisces is a Mutable Sign. Pisces doesnít serve well as the boss. They get their greatest satisfaction from bettering the universe, starting with their partner. Leo, on the other hand, comes up with ideas in the first place and suggests little changes to be made here and there in the relationship.
    Whatís the best aspect of the Leo-Pisces relationship? Itís their receptiveness to one anotherís teachings. Pisces shows Leo how to be sensitive and care, and Leo teaches Pisces to make their dreams happen rather than sitting on them. Their ability provide what the other needs makes theirs a truly mutual relationship.
  3. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Ours is pretty spot on....

Critics of the zodiac say that everything is just too general... Like you will have a bad day, well generally not EVERYTHING in your day goes as planned anyway.

I'm a Taurus and growing up I always had strep throat and other stuff like that. And Taurus' are notorious for that kind of thing. I always thought that was funny.

Leo and Taurus Love Compatibility - Astrology.com

Leo and Taurus
    When Taurus and Leo come together in a love affair, they can be a great couple because they know how to stroke one another’s egos and love to have their own stroked! They have similar needs: Taurus needs plenty of affection, to be loved and cherished, while Leo likes compliments and wants to be adored and admired. They’re both extremely loyal and possessive lovers. Since they have such similar desires, they can generally provide for one another’s needs quite well.
    These two Signs both love status and possessions. They prize physical comfort and luxury; Leo is often flamboyant about attentions and gift-giving, which will greatly please Taurus, who loves the most traditional forms of courtship. Though they can work together quite well, it’s not all roses between these two; both Signs are very stubborn and must work hard to understand and accept one another.
    Taurus is ruled by the Planet Venus (Love and Money) and Leo is ruled by the Sun (Self). The Sun radiates warmth and light; Leo indeed radiates this kind of energy and enthusiasm. Venus is about love, beauty and luxury. This combination of masculine and feminine energy helps these two Signs admire and sustain one another. As a matter of fact, Venus is never more than 48 degrees from the Sun, so they belong close together! The Sun represents life and Venus represents love; as long as they are careful to understand each other, their combination is a positive one.
    Taurus is an Earth Sign and Leo is a Fire Sign. They are both ambitious but in quite different ways. Leo longs for fame and fortune, while Taurus strives for security and stability in life and love. Since both these Signs expect to be the boss, they may tend to battle for domination. During arguments, Taurus abhors conceding a point, seeing it as acceptance of domination — unless they see that it’s the practical course. Their battles can be fierce and epic, but as long as both of them can be reassured that the relationship is important to their partner, things will go more smoothly.
    Taurus and Leo are both Fixed Signs. This means they’re both stubborn; once they make up their minds about something, it takes a lot to get them to change it. That’s why their arguments can get so intense — both of them truly believe they’re right and that theirs is the only right way to look at an issue! They also both tend to shy away from change; they like to get things settled and then let them continue on as is indefinitely — even if something could be improved. If they decide that they want their love relationship to stay, almost nothing will convince them to leave their partner. This is good for the stability of the relationship but can be bad if the relationship is destructive or inhibitive.
    What’s the best aspect of the Taurus-Leo relationship? Their mutual admiration. Both Signs have very powerful personalities, so neither will dominate the other — no matter how hard they try! Others see them as an excellent match as they share the commitment to fulfilling their goals.

The bolded stuff stuck out the most...
  4. Miss Suit&Tie
    Miss Suit&Tie

Quote Originally Posted by CC22 View Post
    Ours is pretty spot on....

Critics of the zodiac say that everything is just too general... Like you will have a bad day, well generally not EVERYTHING in your day goes as planned anyway.

I'm a Taurus and growing up I always had strep throat and other stuff like that. And Taurus' are notorious for that kind of thing. I always thought that was funny.
    OMG ME TOO!! And still do =[
    Never knew that was a common thing tho haha
  5. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

I'm a Virgo and DH is a Pisces. Sounds pretty good actually.

Pisces and Virgo

When Virgo and Pisces join together in a love match, it generally makes for a healthy relationship. The two Signs are opposite one another within the Zodiac, and such Signs tend to be well balanced, one making up for qualities the other lacks. They are an easy-going, do-gooding duo, and often devote their time to helping others as well as one another. Each partner in this couple brings out the best aspects in the other.

Both Signs dote on and adore one another. They strive for a harmonious relationship and are very accepting and sympathetic people. Virgo can help Pisces fulfill dreams and ambitions and give them the tools they need to turn ideas into reality. Virgo will provide a solid, steady base for the more emotional and intuitive Fish. On the other hand, Pisces offers a gentle touch, kindness and an emotional depth that Virgo appreciates. Virgo is interested in material comforts and at times cannot understand the simplistic attitude of Pisces. Their lifeís aspirations can be very different. Once they can accept and overcome this difference, and learn to combine their energies, theirs will be a very rewarding relationship.

Virgo is ruled by Mercury and Pisces is ruled by Jupiter and Neptune. When Mercury and Neptune come together a beautiful spiritual connection is made. Together, they represent an idealistic partnership. Pisces is also ruled by Jupiter. This adds a yang energy to the combination and represents philosophy, expansion and excesses. This trio brings excellent communication, empathy, imagination and creativity to the relationship.

Virgo is an Earth Sign and Pisces is a Water Sign. Generally the two are very compatible, as both Water and Earth are real, tangible things. Pisces, as a Water Sign, is born to connect humankind, and when they come together with Earth there is not a stronger natural bond. Virgo may have a more stable view of life than their partner. They can help their lover ground that poetic Pisces nature. But too much of a good thing can turn to mud if both partners arenít careful. Piscesís flightiness may annoy Virgo, and Pisces may in turn feel that Virgo is too scientific. But it will be easy for them to find a way to work around these disparities.

Virgo and Pisces are both Mutable Signs. Both like to move from one arena to another as the feeling takes them. They each are continuously inspired and assisted by one another, forming a cyclical ring of new ideas and a steady stream of excitement. Conflict rarely arises between them, and when it does it quickly resolves itself. Both partners have learned the fine art of compromise.

Whatís the best aspect of the Virgo-Pisces relationship? Itís their complementary and harmonious attitude toward one another. The overall empathy and commitment these two Signs value in a relationship is what will keep the ties strong and long lasting. Everyone will be envious of their devotion to one another, as well as to their friends and the community.
  6. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

I'm a Leo and DH is a Sagittarius. It's pretty spot on.

Leo and Sagittarius
    When Leo and Sagittarius join together in a love match, the result is often fireworks! Both Signs are extremely dynamic and enjoy life to the fullest. This couple is full of life and fun to be around, with each person encouraging the other to aim high! Sagittarius’s philosophical tendency warrants a distraction to Leo’s obsession with the larger-than-life. The two will have genuine admiration and respect for one another. Both are warm, charismatic and charming; people enjoy being in the energy this couple radiates.
    Both Signs can be impatient but endearing, and Leo may be annoyed by Sagittarius’s flirting, but there’s never a dull moment in their relationship. Sagittarius sees the world as a textbook they must study from, while Leo acts as the gracious host. Both are extremely social, but it is vitally important to Leo that they feel that they are in control of the conversation. Leo is the Lion, the leader, while Sagittarius is the Archer, slowly taking the time to survey their target and feel the nuances of difference in their approach. Both Signs are usually respected by others, and it’s important that each remembers to treat the other with the utmost respect as well.
    Leo is ruled by the Sun and Sagittarius is ruled by the Planet Jupiter. Both are masculine energy archetypes, and together they make a good combination — they understand one another because they are so similar. The Sun is about Self and Jupiter is about expansion and excess, together providing a personal and outward focus on themselves and the world, although sometimes they can overexert themselves. They’re highly compatible with lots of energy, and can be a wonderful couple in any setting or situation.
    Both Leo and Sagittarius are Fire Signs. This tends to be a very heated and passionate relationship. They both have boundless energy, and can seem the only ones able to keep up with one another’s intensity. Although Sagittarius may become exhausted by Leo’s expansive ego, their differences of opinion won’t last long — Sagittarius has moved on to the next project and Leo’s optimism and need for a fan club overcome a petty argument.
    Leo is a Fixed Sign and Sagittarius is a Mutable Sign. Sagittarius provides Leo with the deeper understanding they may be lacking, while Leo can fine-tune Sagittarius’s charm and social graces. Sagittarius may be irritated by Leo’s bossiness, shallow vanity and tendency to sulk. However, they are both loyal and devoted to one another, and the rewards of their union outweigh the minor setbacks.
    What’s the best aspect of the Leo-Sagittarius relationship? It’s the willingness to work as a team and the mutual admiration they exhibit when dedicated to seeing things through. This duo complements one another with a combined attention to personal and world affairs. They both know their place in the relationship. Their comparable high energy and fiery passion makes them a versatile love match.
  7. Senior Member
    I'm a Scorpio and DH is a Leo. It's really long so I'll just post the first paragraph

Leo and Scorpio association is one of the difficult ones, which means that though each of them is quite loyal, they both are possibly very stubborn as well. Both of them hold on to relationship, so it is quite likely that their togetherness lasts long. However, neither of them is particularly flexible, and both of them are quite proud.
    That's us to a T

8. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Lol I'm a Cancer and I have always felt my sign described me pretty well actually. And DB is a Gemini....I don't know how well I think his sign describes him though. We're not a good pair astrologically from all I have read oops! This is actually one of the nicest ones about our pairing I've read lol. I really agree with the bold parts.

Cancer and Gemini

When Gemini and Cancer come together in a love affair, it may be a rather curious relationship. Sensitive, emotional Cancer has trouble communicating clearly, but clear communication is what defines Gemini. Gemini’s chivalrous nature and silver tongue may encourage the Crab to come out of its shell more quickly than usual; Cancer, in turn, can teach Gemini to slow down and appreciate the world, which the frenetic Twins hardly ever take time to do. If Gemini seems to ignore Cancer or doesn’t provide them with as much reassurance and intimacy as Cancer needs, trouble may ensue. These two Signs approach the world in such different manners that they must be able to understand and accept one another’s differences.

Cancer is the Sign of home and hearth, while Gemini is the thinker. Gemini can easily slip into the role of Cancer’s knight in shining armor; Cancer returns that favor with their characteristic urge to protect the ones they love. Quality of home life is important to Cancer, and Gemini will be spoiled by their Cancer lover’s hearty home cooking, soft bed and other creature comforts. Cancer is strongly intuitive and maintains an almost psychic connection with their loved ones, but can tend toward possessiveness and idealization of their Gemini partner. If Gemini just reassures Cancer that they’re loved and cherished, all will go smoothly.

Gemini is ruled by the Planet Mercury (Communication) and Cancer is ruled by the Moon (Emotions). Cancer tends to keep their emotions bottled up inside as they have trouble expressing themselves. They envy Geminis their gift of open, clear communication afforded by the influence of Mercury. Gemini, in turn, can benefit from Cancer’s intuitive approach, so different from Gemini’s bubbly, surface nature; Cancer can teach Gemini to slow down and appreciate life instead of passing by the good things in their rush to get to the next new thing.

Gemini is an Air Sign and Cancer is a Water Sign. If these two Signs can work together they can be a great team; after all, the best decisions are made by incorporating the emotions and the intellect. The trouble for these two lies in learning to cooperate. They come from such opposite points of view that at times it can seem as if they simply have nothing in common. Deep, emotional Cancer can also sometimes dampen Gemini’s airy enthusiasm, and light, fast-paced Gemini can leave Cancer feeling ruffled, even tattered. Balance can be achieved if they learn to talk openly with one another.

Gemini is a Mutable Sign and Cancer is a Cardinal Signs. Gemini is flexible, willing to go with the flow and follow another’s lead; Cancer is an initiator and likes to provide that lead. Gemini may try to lead by being brave, even confrontational; for it to run smoothly between these two, they both need to learn when to back down and let the other lead the way.

What’s the best aspect of the Gemini-Cancer relationship? Once they realize they’re allies, they can soar to great heights together. Gemini is always thinking ahead and Cancer is quietly supporting these ideas behind the scenes. Each partner’s ability to provide what the other is lacking makes theirs a fulfilling relationship.
  9. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    I'm a Virgo and DH is a Sagittarius. I'd say it is pretty spot on for us.

Virgo and Sagittarius

When Virgo and Sagittarius join together in a love match, the result is a well-rounded couple. Sagittarius is an explorer who loves to socialize, while Virgo prefers to analyze Sagís discoveries. Both enjoy talking about it with one another. Virgo may demand perfection too soon for Sagittariusís taste, but over time Sagittarius will appreciate a steady and reliable lover whose head isnít always in the clouds.

Virgo and Sagittarius have unique approaches to life; Virgo is more practical and less distracted, while Sagittarius is the energetic explorer. It can be hard for Sagittarius to go along with the pragmatic realism of Virgo. Virgo may have a hard time accepting the Sagittarian energy. Virgo can offer Sagittarius a secure base and keep them on track with their dreams and ambitions. Sagittarius can add variety and new excitement to Virgoís day.

Virgo is ruled by Mercury and Sagittarius is ruled by Jupiter. Mercury is about communication, and from Virgoís perspective, analyzing. Jupiter is philosophy, higher learning and travel. These two are about interpersonal communication and can sustain one another. Virgo and Sagittarius can amuse each other by discussing a film or a book in great depth, Virgo focusing on the particulars and Sagittarius commenting on the overall picture.

Virgo is an Earth Sign and Sagittarius is a Fire Sign. Sagittarius wants freedom, while Virgo needs financial strength and domestic stability. Sagittarius is motivated by pure feeling, while Virgo is more of a thinker. As long as they reassure each other that their love for one another is solid and real, their discords can usually be resolved.

Virgo and Sagittarius are both Mutable Signs. They can be spread themselves out over many different tasks, if necessary. Itís easy for these two to become interested in the things that the other does. Each has no trouble granting the other the freedom to enjoy things external to the relationship. They have a wonderful, complimentary style of interaction and have no trouble working together.

Whatís the best aspect of the Virgo-Sagittarius relationship? Itís the security they can give one another once they discover their similar lifestyles. They make a wonderful couple once they can teach one another to look at the world through new eyes. As long as they communicate and appreciate what they can learn, theirs will be a stable and happy relationship.
  10. Don't ever settle for less than you deserve.
    Don't ever settle for less than you deserve.
    I'm a Taurus and DH is a Capricorn.

This is all pretty fitting..

Capricorn and Taurus
    When Taurus and Capricorn come together in a love match, itís a practical, sensible partnership. These two Signs share a certain down-to-earth logic and interest in efficiency. Taurus is not interested in risking more than is necessary in terms of emotional connection and involvement, and Capricorn is similarly disinterested in risk, but more in terms of money and career. Capricornís career is one of the great focuses of their lives; theyíre interested in scaling the heights and tend to set very high standards for themselves to adhere to. Taurus has high standards as well, but regarding love, relationships and possessions.
    These two Signs admire one anotherís dedication and strength, but, while they have this in common as well as a dependable, realistic, somewhat conservative approach to life (Capricorn more than Taurus), a love relationship between them can go stale fast. The problem? Theyíre actually rather different at their cores. Taurus may begin to find Capricorn too conservative and restrictive; Capricorn may start to think Taurus is too lazy and doesnít care enough about career and status. If Taurus can encourage Capricorn to relax a little and appreciate the fruits of labor, and if Capricorn can help motivate Taurus to achieve goals and make dreams a reality, their union can be smooth, happy and long-lasting.
    Taurus is ruled by Venus (Love) and Capricorn is ruled by Saturn (Karma). Venus is a warm, feminine energy while Saturn is a cold masculine energy. Venus is all about sensual pleasures, the aesthetics of love, the beauty of art. All of these stimulate Taurus and heighten their appreciation of life and love. Saturn, on the other hand, is about hard work and discipline to achieve goals. Taurus will show Capricorn how to enjoy a well-deserved break every so often and how to appreciate beauty and comfort. Capricorn can teach Taurus to be more disciplined and to keep reaching out for what one wants.
    Taurus and Capricorn are both Earth Signs. This couple loves to indulge in material possessions. They want to possess and be surrounded by beautiful things ó a lovely home, designer clothing, luxurious cars, works of art. Since theyíre both such hard workers, they can usually attain all these things, and hardly ever need fight about impracticality or overindulgence.
    Taurus is a Fixed Sign and Capricorn is a Cardinal Sign. Taureans wonít change their minds once theyíre made up. They possess a quiet, steadfast determination. Instead of finding this dull or restrictive, Capricorn regards it as a good, comforting thing: Taurus is clearly dedicated to the relationship.
    Whatís the best aspect of the Taurus-Capricorn relationship? The similarity of their values and their dedication to the same goals. Both partners enjoy luxury and nice things, and they share resources well. Their mutual interests make theirs a highly compatible relationship.
    Signature removed due to size.
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast