Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: SO then and now

1. Senior Member

SO then and now

Advertisements
    Picture of your SO when you first met and a picture of them now! and for fun how old were they and a few fun facts on why they caught your eye!

17 years old, met in 7th period English class first day of Jr year of high school. I was a super preppy good girl who dated foot ball players and popular guys.....he was a dirty pierced drummer in a death metal band he despised any music not metal he skipped school all the time and drank and partied ALL the time and didn't care what people said or thought about him and nothing like the guys I dated, we had a slight fling first semester that turned into hatred for each other we couldn't stand each other the rest of high school but had the same friends so had to deal with each other ALL the time it wasn't till second semester my freshmen yr of college that we became friends.

(Most recent picture) US Navy FMF Corpsman who is attached to a Marine unit, he is pretty mild mannered not a big partier, not piercing just lots of tattoos he listens to metal still but country too, doesn't really drum much and more spends most of his time hanging out with me on out sofa and he is my best friend and true love now.

fun how far we have come

"We are all a little weird and life's a little weird, and when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall in mutual weirdness and call it love."
    — Dr. Seuss
  2. Senior Member
    About 5 months after we first started talking. We were both 17.

And this was November 2012 my 21st birthday. We're both 21 now.
  3. OG Member
    OG Member
    Blog Entries
    When we started dating:

About a month or so ago:

He was 27 when we met and will be 31 this year. His eyes and smile were the first things to catch my eye and his sense of humor is what made me stay.

4. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Candice. View Post
    About 5 months after we first started talking. We were both 17.

And this was November 2012 my 21st birthday. We're both 21 now.
    Yall look just the same!!!

"We are all a little weird and life's a little weird, and when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall in mutual weirdness and call it love."
    — Dr. Seuss
  5. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    I love your story!!

Quote Originally Posted by katebugg07 View Post
    Picture of your SO when you first met and a picture of them now! and for fun how old were they and a few fun facts on why they caught your eye!

17 years old, met in 7th period English class first day of Jr year of high school. I was a super preppy good girl who dated foot ball players and popular guys.....he was a dirty pierced drummer in a death metal band he despised any music not metal he skipped school all the time and drank and partied ALL the time and didn't care what people said or thought about him and nothing like the guys I dated, we had a slight fling first semester that turned into hatred for each other we couldn't stand each other the rest of high school but had the same friends so had to deal with each other ALL the time it wasn't till second semester my freshmen yr of college that we became friends.

(Most recent picture) US Navy FMF Corpsman who is attached to a Marine unit, he is pretty mild mannered not a big partier, not piercing just lots of tattoos he listens to metal still but country too, doesn't really drum much and more spends most of his time hanging out with me on out sofa and he is my best friend and true love now.

fun how far we have come

“Ever has it been that love knows not its own depth until the hour of separation.”
    -Khalil Gibran

"Depth over distance every time my dear;
    and this tree of ours may grow tall in the woods;
    but it's the roots that will bind us here,
    to the ground."
    -Ben Howard, Depth Over Distance
  6. Regular Member

We've been through the best times and the worst times together
    Last edited by Jillybean88; 08-31-2014 at 10:16 PM.
  7. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by katebugg07 View Post
    Yall look just the same!!!
    I know!
  8. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jillybean88 View Post

We've been through the best times and the worst times together
    dying.
    if i never see you again i will always carry you
    inside outside

on my fingertips and at brain edges

and in centers
    centers of what i am of what remains
    --- charles bukowski.

time to eas, baby!
  9. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Then (This is about 6 months in to dating, but one of our first pictures, I was just barely 17 and DH was 21)

Now (ish) this was in August but it's one of the last pictures I have before DH left (I'm 21 and DH is 25)

From beginning of dating to now there's about 4.5 of the best years of my life with my best friend.
  10. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Sorry in advance for large and in charge pictures!

We met while he was here in Virginia for training, and when he walked into the gym, I about died. Tattoos everywhere! Complete opposite of the type of guy I normally date, yet the epitome of the kind of guy I am attracted to. He came up and talked to me with such a calm and confident demeanor. I got really quiet and shy, which is not like me. I started to ramble. When we Skype, or if I'm mad, all he has to do is smile at me, and my resolve to be upset will dissipate immediately. How sick is that?!

This is a few weeks after we started dating (January), and on a trip in Colorado. Don't mind his buddy there... hahaha, boys will be boys.

This is a few weeks ago. Most recent photo I have from him after a root canal. He hates taking pictures, and sends me the worst ones. Ex: swollen ankle, picture of jello he's eating...

“Ever has it been that love knows not its own depth until the hour of separation.”
    -Khalil Gibran

"Depth over distance every time my dear;
    and this tree of ours may grow tall in the woods;
    but it's the roots that will bind us here,
    to the ground."
    -Ben Howard, Depth Over Distance
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast