Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: "I said NO wire hangers"

1. Senior Member

"I said NO wire hangers"

Advertisements
    Ok so I am super OCD about hangers....they must all be white plastic hangers preferably all the same type or I get really annoyed, I got this habit from my sister who is also OCD about hangers matching even more so then me. I am reorganizing EVERYTHING while DH is gone because its easier to do with out him and it keeps me occupied instead of mopping around missing him, and some how the man has snuck none white plastic hangers in to my closet! First where is he getting this hangers and how is he getting them in here with out my knowledge so every time I find a nonacceptable hanger I throw it out of my closet screaming "I said NO wire hangers" if you get where that is from I have problems.

Am I the only one how is OCD about hangers??? surely it not some odd thing only me and my sister have an issue with. and also if its no hangers what is your OCD Mommy dearest complex?

Like I am also weird about scents like I cant have pumpkin spice/cinnamon type wall plug in or candles during spring/summer it has to be florally tropical lemony scents for spring/summer and spice/cinnamon scents during fall/winter....I have a few more but those are the ones that came to mind

"We are all a little weird and life's a little weird, and when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall in mutual weirdness and call it love."
    Dr. Seuss
  2. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Haha you would hate our closest.
    We have mainly white plastic hangers, but we also have a few random colored ones, and one or two wire. We also have four wooden, that dh uses for his blues, blues jacket, and his service dress crap.
  3. BingBangBoom that's how babies are made
    BingBangBoom that's how babies are made
    I prefer plastic hangers but I always have a few wires for spare because they make good marshmallow roasters.

"Thank you so much. No matter what, nothing is possible without you behind the scenes bustin heads and takin names. Thank you again. Everything you have done for me means a lot and nothing has gone unnoticed. I love you so much and thank you for saying 'I do.'"
  4. Regular Member
    LOL I am OCD about so many things but wire hangers are my arch-nemesis! I hate, hate, hate them!

5. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Chikatoka View Post
    Haha you would hate our closest.
    We have mainly white plastic hangers, but we also have a few random colored ones, and one or two wire. We also have four wooden, that dh uses for his blues, blues jacket, and his service dress crap.
    I under stand the wood ones we have a few but they stay in the Warroom closet with all the uniform military stuff that I do not want in the rest of the house...The Warroom is DH's mancave/ military supply room, another OCD thing is I make him keep all his military stuff in there so I don't have it taking up any space in the rest of the house.

Quote Originally Posted by Rissa*Rawr View Post
    I prefer plastic hangers but I always have a few wires for spare because they make good marshmallow roasters.
    I actually bought this marshmellow roasting stick things at walmart they extend so you don't get burned you can put mawshmellows side by side and the are sturdier then hangers It was worth it because we have a fire pit

Quote Originally Posted by bellabug0309 View Post
    LOL I am OCD about so many things but wire hangers are my arch-nemesis! I hate, hate, hate them!

Glad I am not the only crazy person

"We are all a little weird and life's a little weird, and when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall in mutual weirdness and call it love."
    Dr. Seuss
  6. Senior Member
    I like the felt/velvet-y ones you can find at bed bath and beyond or tjmaxx. I don't have them all in the same color, but I try to use only those kind and not mix in plastic ones.
  7. Senior Member
    I have pumpkin spice candles sitting out and wire hangers in my closet

I used to be compulsive about somethings, but no so much anymore. I think my husband leveled me out I can't be "OCD" about anything around him, he just ruins everything

8. The Decider
    The Decider
    Blog Entries
    I'm an only-white-plastic-hangers person, too.
    Next time you shop on Amazon, click through this link to help an amazing veterans' organization!

My 101 blog
    The Arizona Oenophile. Wine snobbery!

Lovin' up on WiggleWiggle~ since 04.06.2011!
  9. Mermaids4Lyfe, YO!
    Mermaids4Lyfe, YO!

All coat hangers need to be white, plastic 2 to 3 finger width apart in the closet all facing the same way.
  10. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Caity Rose View Post
    I like the felt/velvet-y ones you can find at bed bath and beyond or tjmaxx. I don't have them all in the same color, but I try to use only those kind and not mix in plastic ones.
    I like the clothes stay on those well but the way the felt/velvet feels on my finger tips gives my chills IDK why

Quote Originally Posted by pftube View Post
    I have pumpkin spice candles sitting out and wire hangers in my closet

I used to be compulsive about somethings, but no so much anymore. I think my husband leveled me out I can't be "OCD" about anything around him, he just ruins everything

Dr. Seuss
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast