Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Do you enjoy considering history?

1. Banned
    Banned

Do you enjoy considering history?

Advertisements
    If so, do you find a specific period fascinating?

If not, why not?

ETA: I think of considering as pondering, contemplating, studying. Thinking about history and its many facets (i.e. political, social, etc.)
    Last edited by Lychee; 05-05-2013 at 05:21 PM.
  2. Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

I don't think I quite understand the question, what you mean by "considering" history?

I like learning about history but maybe that isn't quite what you're asking ...
  3. Senior Member
    I study history .... so yes I want to get my doctorate and teach holocaust studies to college classes, so that time period is the most interesting, but really American history from 1900 to about 1980 is fascinating, as is Tudor England and the French Revolution. Dark ages are pretty cool too.

4. Bringing wizard awareness to muggles everywhere
    Bringing wizard awareness to muggles everywhere
    Blog Entries
    I don't understand your question...

If you're asking if there is a time period in history that I like, yes. I love Medieval stuff. And while it's not exactly history, I love anything with King Arthur, the Knights of the Round Table, Merlin, all that stuff.
  5. Senior Member
    I don't really like history. I was a horrible history student because I just never cared that much about memorizing who was king in what year and yadda yadda. I do find specific events in history interesting though (example, the Holocaust).
    Camster is the best wifey ever
  6. Senior Member
    I like learning about history and I love the history channel I don't have a favorite I find it all interesting

"We are all a little weird and life's a little weird, and when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall in mutual weirdness and call it love."
    Dr. Seuss
  7. Mouse Addict
    Mouse Addict
    I love the Colonial and Civil War Era's.
  8. Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Quote Originally Posted by Lychee View Post
    If so, do you find a specific period fascinating?

If not, why not?

ETA: I think of considering as pondering, contemplating, studying. Thinking about history and its many facets (i.e. political, social, etc.)
    Answer to your edit, yes I like considering history then. I really like learning about how history affects the present day, or the other way around to experience a current event and then learning about how it has happened before.

I don't think there's a particular period I would say is my favorite though.
  9. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

DH and I enjoy talking history but he's a lot more of a history buff/enthusiast than I ever will be. Although most of our conversations about history are usually spawned by watching Ancient Aliens and theorizing on those topics

I have always loved ancient history, though, like from Mesopotamia through the fall of the Roman empire. Favorites in that massive span of time would be the Greeks and, more specifically, Alexander the Great's time in power.
  10. Free!
    Free!
    I do. The eras I find interesting are the American Civil War, early colonial (1500s-1600s), most of the 20th century, all of Russian history and various genocides (Holocaust, Armenian, Gulag, Nanking, etc). Also certain events I've studied closely like the Titanic, sinking of the Lusitania, Spanish Flu, and stuff like that. I'll get really obsessive over a subject for awhile and then move onto something else.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast