Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 24

Thread: I took the plunge

  1. Senior Member
    bdizzle's Avatar
    bdizzle is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    19,693
    #1

    I took the plunge

    Advertisements
    and deactivated my Facebook... I wish it could be deleted for good, but all I can do is deactivate it.

    It's caused drama between DH's family and myself, and I don't care for it anymore. If someone needs to get in touch with me, they will. Fuuuuuuck Facebook. :wavy


    ETA: it wasn't just the inlaws, they were kind of the straw that broke the camel's back. I don't need principals searching for me when I apply for jobs, I don't need people I don't want to talk to finding me, etc.
    Last edited by bdizzle; 06-13-2012 at 01:14 PM.


  2. Senior Member
    spazzieabbie's Avatar
    spazzieabbie is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Raleigh/Durham
    Posts
    988
    #2
    I've been wanting to deactivate my Facebook, but Im honestly way too addicted :/
    [CENTER]
  3. "If you don't like my attitude, quit talking to me"
    TrishAFSpouse's Avatar
    TrishAFSpouse is offline
    "If you don't like my attitude, quit talking to me"
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    VA
    Posts
    12,308
    #3
    That sucks.. I'm sorry.

    I usually just delete those people that I have issues with, or that have issues with me. Many of them have been my own family or hubby's family... because IDGAF... I have way too many friends on facebook and that's the only way we communicate...

    There are 10 types of people in the world, those that understand binary and those that don't
  4. Senior Member
    bdizzle's Avatar
    bdizzle is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    19,693
    #4
    Quote Originally Posted by TrishAFSpouse View Post
    That sucks.. I'm sorry.

    I usually just delete those people that I have issues with, or that have issues with me. Many of them have been my own family or hubby's family... because IDGAF... I have way too many friends on facebook and that's the only way we communicate...
    I've been wanting to delete it for a while now, his family was the final straw. It's irritating, all it is now it pictures people find and political crap. The people I really care about, I talk to on the phone, or have a connection to on here. Ndb.


  5. "If you don't like my attitude, quit talking to me"
    TrishAFSpouse's Avatar
    TrishAFSpouse is offline
    "If you don't like my attitude, quit talking to me"
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    VA
    Posts
    12,308
    #5
    Quote Originally Posted by briannanoel View Post
    I've been wanting to delete it for a while now, his family was the final straw. It's irritating, all it is now it pictures people find and political crap. The people I really care about, I talk to on the phone, or have a connection to on here. Ndb.
    Yeah.. I get it.
    I have some of those people too, luckily for me I have so many that by the time I get on FB that stuff is gone and just my 'real' friends stuff shows.. lol

    do what you gotta do girl.

    There are 10 types of people in the world, those that understand binary and those that don't
  6. I just can't even...
    Hottie.'s Avatar
    Hottie. is offline
    I just can't even...
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Alerbamer
    Posts
    18,159
    Blog Entries
    2
    #6
    It sucks they caused so much drama for you.
  7. OG Member
    April Lynne's Avatar
    April Lynne is offline
    OG Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Houston, Tx area
    Posts
    18,496
    Blog Entries
    5
    #7
    Oh crap...you did???

    I still have your phone number you will not get away from me!!!!


  8. Senior Member
    Candice.'s Avatar
    Candice. is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Both back at home, Baltimore, MD
    Posts
    5,645
    #8
    I did in February and I honestly don't miss it. I'm happier without it Especially hearing now you see when someone read your message, that would just piss me off.
  9. Senior Member
    bdizzle's Avatar
    bdizzle is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    19,693
    #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Soon2BmrsG View Post
    Oh crap...you did???

    I still have your phone number you will not get away from me!!!!
    crap.



    Quote Originally Posted by Candice. View Post
    I did in February and I honestly don't miss it. I'm happier without it Especially hearing now you see when someone read your message, that would just piss me off.
    I think I'll be happier without it too. Plus, in the next couple years I'll be student teaching and looking for jobs, and the first thing they do is see if you have a Facebook and what's on it.


  10. Senior Member
    KickDrumHeart's Avatar
    KickDrumHeart is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    7,778
    #10
    I did that for a few week a few months ago, and it was the greatest thing ever
    Camster is the best wifey ever
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •