Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: iPhone users

1. I got soul but I'm not a soldier ♥
    I got soul but I'm not a soldier ♥

Help iPhone users

Advertisements
    I get to upgrade in a week and I'm seriously thinking about getting an iPhone

Does the iPhone only come with 3G on the Verizon network? DH is due for an upgrade, too, and when we were looking at phones the rep was saying it's better to get a Droid or Samsung Galaxy because they are 4G...the rep made it sound like the iPhone is incredibly slow. I currently have an LG Ally (POS...) which is 3G. It constantly lags, always freezes up and I'm ALWAYS running out of space on it, which is very annoying! For those with iPhones and Verizon, how is the speed with your phone? Do you ever find it working slow?

How many GB do you have? I'm trying to decide between the 8GB and 16GB 4S. I might put some songs on my iPhone, but I don't plan on replacing with iPod with it. I'm a nurse and plan on getting a lot of the medical apps that are available. That is one of the biggest reasons why I am leaning more towards an iPhone versus a Droid or Galaxy...Apple has a much larger (and better) selection of medical apps available compared to the Android network.
    live in such a way that if anyone should speak badly of you no one would believe it ♥
    coffee addict!
  2. Senior Member
    They only have 3g and I don't think its that slow. It really depends on how good the service is in the area. I don't have anything to compare it to though
  3. Senior Member
    Yea the iPhone4 and 4S were only built to be 3G. But I honestly have no problem with the speed of it. I'm not sure if I have an 8G or a 16G, I would assume it's the 8G though and I have plenty of apps, pictures, and of all of my iTunes on it and have yet to have a warning about space usage. I love it.
  4. Senior Member
    they sell an 8gb iphone? i thought it was 16 or 32?

i was contemplating a droid or iphone when i had my upgrade last summer, and i'm glad i went with an iphone. and i don't think the 3g is bad at all.. but i usually run it on wifi if i can anyways. the only time its slow loading is if i'm in a crappy reception area, other than that its pretty fast.. but its my first smart phone so i have nothing to compare it to anyways lol

5. Senior Member
    I have an iphone 4 through Sprint and its only 3G. personally I dont find the 3G network to be slow at all. Mine is also an 8G. I dont use my phone for music or anything so its just the right size for me.
  6. I got soul but I'm not a soldier ♥
    I got soul but I'm not a soldier ♥
    Thanks for your replies, everyone I think I'm going to settle on the iPhone this weekend.
    live in such a way that if anyone should speak badly of you no one would believe it ♥
    coffee addict!