Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Google Maps Street View

1. missing my sanity
    missing my sanity
    Blog Entries

Google Maps Street View

Advertisements
    So I just recently discovered that the iPhone has street view on the map. Put in an address and then click hte little orange guy and it takes it to street view!

Well I was playing with it last night and put in the address of the house I grew up in. They don't have street view for that neighborhood.
    I know it was a bad area but it wasn't THAT bad. During the day was perfectly fine... all of us kids (aging from 5-10) all would go exploring and running all over the neighborhood in a pack playing war games and hide and seek all through out the 2 block radius. We had two neighborhood tree houses that really belonged to nobody in particular....all the nieghborhood kids were allowed to play in them. Gosh there was always at least 4 of us together at a time, I think the largest play group we had was 15.

Night time was a different story though and we weren't allowed to walk down certain streets early in the morning because there was a dead body in an alley or something else crazy like that. We had to make a trail through the wooded area to get to the bus stop to avoid the main alley that was nicknames "Bums Alley" because the homeless would camp on there and there was always drug needles, used condoms, and just random trash dumped there. You couldn't even get a car through there because of how bad it was.

I'm sad because I really wanted to see the street view of the house and the neighborhood.

The best I can do is zoom in on the birds eye view on google maps....but it still brought back a LOT of memories.

2. ☮ Live fearlessly. Go big or go home! ☮
    ☮ Live fearlessly. Go big or go home! ☮
    Awww I can't believe they don't have a street view of it. I guess I always figured that they had a street view of everywhere. I'm sorry, hun!

3. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    They will probably get there eventually. The cars are always chugging along.
  4. Senior Member
    Thanks for this thread. I just spent over an hour looking at places I used to live. I'm surprised some of them are still there, to be honest.
  5. Senior Member

If it makes you feel any better, one of the neighborhoods I grew up in doesn't exist anymore.
    I misskrissyo 'cause we have a bangin' good time...emphasis on the bangin'.
    Miss[Pregg]O is my twinie!
    TatooBot! is my lesbian partner.

My Blog Updated:Usually weekly, because I forget to update when I updated.
  6. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Boo I just looked at the house I grew up in the first 12 years of my life and the people who bought it have totally trashed the yard . My mom had gardens and beautiful landscaping and now there are just vehicles covering the front of the property and the pool is all knocked over. A beautiful 13 acre lot ruined .
  7. missing my sanity
    missing my sanity
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ChandyPandy View Post

If it makes you feel any better, one of the neighborhoods I grew up in doesn't exist anymore.
    that sucks. What did they do....rebuild over it?