Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: I should learn Chinese

1. Moderator

I should learn Chinese

Advertisements
    Damien is watching Ni Hao Kai Lan, in which a Chinese child is friends with some random animals and they all mostly speak English, but teach the audience occasional phrases or words in Chinese. It's a pretty dang cute cartoon, like sickeningly adorable, and teaches kids stuff about life skills like anger management and sharing, and helping friends and fixing your mistakes and stuff.

So, I was fairly shocked when I just heard her grandpa (who she calls Yeh-yeh) say "Close your dirty mouth!"

I had to go back a few frames because "Close your dirty mouth" isn't exactly a phrase I'd like my child to repeat, especially since his favorite time to repeat things he shouldn't is in his Sunday School class.

What Yeh-Yeh ACTUALLY said was something about a hat, in Chinese. Thank goodness.
  2. Banned
    Banned

Oh come on! If he were to tell his Sunday school teacher to shut his/her dirty mouth, you know you would giggle a teeny tiny bit after you got home.
  3. Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by JasonsGirl View Post

Oh come on! If he were to tell his Sunday school teacher to shut his/her dirty mouth, you know you would giggle a teeny tiny bit after you got home.
    I don't think I could wait until I got home to giggle, actually, but that would definitely make the situation worse!