Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: question about korea!

1. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie

question about korea!

Advertisements
    Hello all!

I have a few questions and i'm hoping someone can help! SO my hubby got orders to Korea before we got married and he is due to go there June 10th.... well what do we have to do for me and kids to be able to change orders and have us go???
  2. "If you don't like my attitude, quit talking to me"
    "If you don't like my attitude, quit talking to me"
    Not sure if its changed, but its been hard to get command sponsorship for Korea. To have family go sponsored he'd need to change it to a 2 year tour instead of a one year.

He will likely have to get there first and try to get CS. I would hope for the best (that you get to go) but plan that you won't be able to. I don't know of many that go there CS.

You can go there on your own dime whenever, you just have to abide by the Visa laws and what not for Korea.

There are 10 types of people in the world, those that understand binary and those that don't
  3. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

DF and I have talked about the chance of him ever going to Korea and he said that even if we were married, I would not be on the orders and that I would have to pay all the expenses of the move to live there because we would be near N.Korea.

FaceSpace
    Instagramy Goodness

AmandaA is my wifey-cakes ~ katebugg07 is my mistress

4. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie
    thanks ladies!! yeah, we are debating... i dunno what is best i want to be with hubby but is it the best that kids go to korea? hmmm....
  5. Senior Member
    DH got orders and I opted not to go. It was a year apart but in the end, worth it for us. We were able to get as close to home as possible. Now we can see family at least once a month instead of once a year. If he were to come up on orders again, I'd go this time. We've already spent more than half of our marriage apart. Enough is enough, if I can help it.
  6. Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Quote Originally Posted by CrandieselsWifey View Post
    thanks ladies!! yeah, we are debating... i dunno what is best i want to be with hubby but is it the best that kids go to korea? hmmm....

I loved living there, but we didn't have kids either. I don't know what it's like trying to get kids into schools and hospitals there ... that would be my major concern. (If you had to go non-CS I mean. I was already living there so I think that made getting CS much easier for us since I didn't have to do a health screening etc.)

North Korea didn't really concern me while I was there. That is a personal thing I guess, but even when bad things happened it didn't affect my life much. It affected DH way more than me what with curfew and being told not to go into the cities if there were protest and such. There is a very large expat community there and everyone gets along just fine!
  7. Senior Member
    The Army seems to offer more CS than the Air Force.

My DH has talked about trying to go back to Korea and getting a followon (again). We'd probably go non-CS though. We met quite a few families there non-CS and they really enjoyed it. I really fell in love with Korea when I visited DH and am dying to go back... DH not so much but I'm going to chalk it up to the fact he was on a short tour, lol.
  8. I'm an enlisted 6-star General, Air Coast Force Guard
    I'm an enlisted 6-star General, Air Coast Force Guard
    Blog Entries
    Korea is awesome. Come if you can, visit if you can't.
  9. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

My husband is due to go to Kunsan later this summer and because it is remote we didn't have the option to try for command sponsorship. Is he going to Kunsan or Osan?
  10. Regular Member
    Blog Entries

Shocked

Hi! My DH just got PCS orders to Korea... won't be leaving until early next year, but he just got back from Afghanistan and we don't have kids...is it really hard to get CS?? I'm scared I can't go with him... Thanks!!
    CARPE DIEM, QUAM MINIMUM CREDULA A POSTERO.
    Seize the day, and put the least possible trust in tomorrow. - Horace

I LOVE MY SOLDIER!

"Any group that includes Charlemagne, Rock Hudson, Paul McCartney, Leonardo da Vinci, Benjamin Franklin, Jack the Ripper, and the Boston Strangler must be select, if not elite." James DeKay {about left-handed people }
    http://www.shelfari.com/ruskigurl10
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast