Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Odd things your SO is proud of you for

1. Senior Member

Odd things your SO is proud of you for

Advertisements
    We've all achieved legitimately awesome things at one time or another, worthy of praise, or perhaps even a celebration of sorts. I'm curious if anyone else has a SO, or even a close friend, who gets that proud sound in their voice over the dumbest things. As in, things you generally wouldn't brag about or go out dinner for! And here's an example of DH being weird, so you know what I mean.

DH came home to me sprawled out on the living room floor with my computer case open, busily installing my new power supply. He stood over me for a minute then said:

"Most wives get viruses and send them on to other people, and they need to take the computer into a store to be repaired. My wife gets a power supply in the mail, and she installs it herself." The bold are the parts he emphasized. It was just a measly graphics card and power supply. It only goes in one way! But he beamed the rest of the night!

Please tell me someone else has an SO like this. Maybe one who is awed by the way you use that dish soap?
  2. Senior Member
    Lol! That's too cute.. You probably looked so focused and tech-saavy.

I'm not good at too many things, but my DF is overly proud of my paintings(which to be honest are not that great), and he's hung them on the walls in his barrack They're sort of girly too, with flowers and such, but he's proud of me and now I feel proud *is proud*
  3. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by hesmyydisco View Post
    Lol! That's too cute.. You probably looked so focused and tech-saavy.

I'm not good at too many things, but my DF is overly proud of my paintings(which to be honest are not that great), and he's hung them on the walls in his barrack They're sort of girly too, with flowers and such, but he's proud of me and now I feel proud *is proud*
    That's adorable! I love that they're kinda of girly, it makes it all the sweeter.
  4. Senior Member
    I'm not sure if it's a proud feeling...or if he's just impressed...but he loves my ability to find stuff out. For example...we were talking about him being in port to transfer supplies to the ship that is taking their place for deployment and I said, "Oh...the Cole?" He just said, "yea...how did you know that?" I have my ways.

He also loves and is impressed by my intelligence. I'm not a genius or anything (by far), but I love all things math and have been able to help him with that...I can also write a kick ass paper.
  5. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    He brags a lot that I like non-girly things like: I love trucks, I want his truck lifted as much, if not more than he does, I can bait my own hook, I love to shoot, I know Football better than he does, and I don't mind mud at all
  6. Senior Member
    He's proud of me cause I can pick out his model of aircraft as its flying over from other models
  7. be silly. be honest. be kind.
    be silly. be honest. be kind.
    My butt

"The purpose of life is not to simply be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well."
    - Ralph Waldo Emerson

8. <3 <3 <3
    <3 <3 <3
    My dh is intimidated by a lot of things lmfao but proud... He's proud of me for being in school and wanting a career. And for moving up without him. But odd things???? He is proud that his wife likes to get dirty but is still fairly classy lmfao.
  9. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

He's proud of me for being a bit of a creeper online lol. I can find just about anything that's been put out there-- I had a reputation for it in my fraternity lol. When I was pledging, I found all of the active member's addresses, their family's names, addresses and phone numbers, and where a number of the alumni were living and working. So I went and visited the alumni for "secret information" that we had to find out because I knew that they'd be easier on us than the active members. I found out about a lot of things before they happened that way

I still use those skills to find things for DH when he needs them. Finding bicycle tours for him overseas, finding cool pictures of the ship that were taken that were published somewhat obscurely, finding cool information about the multinational exercises he's been doing, etc. He loves it
    ​​​

“Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known.” -- Carl Sagan

10. Senior Member
    My meatloaf. DF brags about it to everyone. It's his favorite food in the world
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast