Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cucumber soda?

1. Need a shoulder? My PM box is always open!
    Need a shoulder? My PM box is always open!

Screwy Cucumber soda?

Advertisements
    I haven't had a Coca-Cola in (3 or 4) weeks - I've lost track. DH knows I'm trying to be healthier so he's been buying new beverage options at the health food store.

First, he came home about 10 days ago with a bottle of cucumber soda. He hates cucumber, so I knew it was all for me. It actually tasted pretty good . . . so I ordered a case through our food co-op.

He, not realizing I had done so, bought me six more sodas. I have 29 bottles of cucumber soda to drink.

Sooooooo . . . today, he comes home and hands me a bottle.

Fentimans Dandelion and Burdock Fermented Botanical Drink . . . .

I'm trying to work up the nerve to try it.
  2. Senior Member
    That sounds interesting....

You should just tell him to get some fresh fruits and make fruit water!
    R.I.P. My Love, Everyone was supposed to come home together, I'm sorry you had to come home early
  3. BeachGrl210
    BeachGrl210

Never heard of it!!! Definitely sounds interesting though!!!
  4. Senior Member
    your a braver woman than me

btw do you have any " quitting soda " advice. I'm trying to make a big cut back but caffine headaches get the best of me
  5. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sweetie View Post

btw do you have any " quitting soda " advice. I'm trying to make a big cut back but caffine headaches get the best of me
    You could try slowly cutting back. You could also switch to drinking a caffeinated tea. Its the sugar and the carbonation that are so bad for you in soda.

I just stopped buying soda one day, and only buy it occasionally now. I still get coffee 1-2 times a week though.
    R.I.P. My Love, Everyone was supposed to come home together, I'm sorry you had to come home early
  6. Need a shoulder? My PM box is always open!
    UPDATE:

For the curious:

The Fentimans also has cane sugar, glucose, pear juice, ginger extract and aniseed flavoring. (Not necessarily in the same order.)

It smells a bit like bubblegum (not sure where I am getting that.) The flavor actually isn't unpleasant, but maybe a little medicinally. I told DH it might be something I'd like to drink when my tummy is wonky.

Quote Originally Posted by azarmygf View Post
    That sounds interesting....

You should just tell him to get some fresh fruits and make fruit water!
    We're doing lots of water and fresh fruit too . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Sweetie View Post

I really don't have good advice - I'm a Coca-Cola addict. I'm not totally off soda, but have cut way back (haven't had coffee, either). I tend to sip soda off and on through the day (which is why it's so bad for my teeth) - I just started drinking tons of water instead.

*hugs* I got some caffeine headaches, but did Tylenol. I just wanted to cut back on the caffeine and acid.

*keeping fingers crossed* Can't guarantee this will hold - I've tried before.
  7. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

I the cucumbers so no way could I drink that soda! Good luck on the new one
  8. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    We've been purchasing more healthy foods at our local co-op. We haven't had real pop in the house for awhile, we got some Wild Red Berry pop the last time we went in...

Cucumber pop sounds interesting!!! Maybe I'll see if our co-op has it...maybe....

I gave up pop one day cold turkey. The headaches went away after a few days to a week. Take some tylenol - its better than drinking pop, IMO. Now if I have a real pop it gives me a headache for a day or so - its just best to stay completely away from it.
  9. Bringing wizard awareness to muggles everywhere
    Bringing wizard awareness to muggles everywhere
    Blog Entries
    I've had cucumber drinks before. I think they're good. Maybe I should suggest The Root Beer Store get some!
  10. Need a shoulder? My PM box is always open!
    I'll be really proud if I can get to drinking sugary drinks a couple times a week, just in general.

I'm drinking KoolAid, and that's not less sugar, but I do use a little less than called for, and I'm using half raw sugar.

I cut fruit juice with water, and am trying to carry a water bottle with me everywhere.

(I can't use maple sweetners or honey due to allergies.) Stevia has a bitter aftertaste to me and agave is still a little strong.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast