Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: ? crackle nail polish

1. Regular Member
    Blog Entries

? crackle nail polish

Advertisements
    I really really wanna buy some, but I have nooo idea how to use it. What coat goes first, or does it matter?
  2. The cake is a lie...
    The cake is a lie...
    The non crackle coat goes first. Whatever color you want. Probably any type will do. And then you put the crackle polish on top. Does that help?
    MS234755 and mxchick910 are my wifeys!
    I'm BiggyBiggs mistress!

Not in cruelty,
    Not in wrath,
    The Reaper came today;
    An Angel visited this gray path,
    And took the cube away.

3. The cake is a lie...
    The cake is a lie...
    Also, wait for the coat to dry before applying the crackle overcoat! This is from Sally Hansen's site(not that you have to use this brand of polish just using this for an example!):
    Do not apply to bare nails. Apply two coats of your favorite Sally Hansen nail color. Once dried, add a thin or thick coat (depending on desired effect) of any Crackle Overcoat shade. Do not leave the bottle open, close tightly when not in use. Allow it to dry and seal with any Sally Hansen top coat.
    I'm BiggyBiggs mistress!

Not in cruelty,
    Not in wrath,
    The Reaper came today;
    And took the cube away.

4. Senior Member
    First you paint the base color, the crackle goes on after it dries. Ive only used OPI and China Glaze so it could vary by brand, but with those two, you get a nicer crackle if you use a relatively thick coat. Just paint it on the nail and it'll shrink and crackle as it dries.

Once it's dry, you'll want to use a clear topcoat. The crackle dries very matte, some people like that look but I think it looks weird when the base polish you use is shiny.
  5. The cake is a lie...
    The cake is a lie...
    Quote Originally Posted by january View Post
    First you paint the base color, the crackle goes on after it dries. Ive only used OPI and China Glaze so it could vary by brand, but with those two, you get a nicer crackle if you use a relatively thick coat. Just paint it on the nail and it'll shrink and crackle as it dries.

Once it's dry, you'll want to use a clear topcoat. The crackle dries very matte, some people like that look but I think it looks weird when the base polish you use is shiny.
    Sally Hansen is the same. I mean with how you apply it. I don't know if it changes depending on brand but I don't think so. It was the same years ago with CG first came out with crackle nail polish. However, it didn't really catch on then like it is now. I was like...12 and I thought it was the coolest thing ever. I went totally off track. Sorry.
    I'm BiggyBiggs mistress!

Not in cruelty,
    Not in wrath,
    The Reaper came today;
    And took the cube away.