• Farm Fresh

2 4.00%
  • Food Lion

0 0%
  • Kroger

2 4.00%
  • I don't do the grocery shopping

1 2.00%
  • Other, local store, other store, why don't you just go to Walmart, etc.

23 46.00%
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: When you go grocery shopping..... POLL

1. Classic Bookworm
    Classic Bookworm
    Advertisements
    I've never been to the commy. I have a Target, Farm fresh and Walmart that I can walk to. My apartment looks at the walmart. I've been doing it at walmart but HATED it. So this last time I shopped at Farm Fresh. I wish I was closer to the Kroger because that was my store back home. But with so many other ones so close(Food lions around the corner) and I have a Bottom Dollar near by. So It'snot worth it to drive out to the kroger.

SailorsBunny is my amazing Wifey
  2. Preaching from the book of Johnny Cash...
    Preaching from the book of Johnny Cash...
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiley. View Post
    I will not go to walmart. And I'm dying inside right now. Publix was MY. STORE. back at home, and I didn't even grocery shop. I love that store more than words. But, we unfortunately don't have those here. I've HEARD that kroger is similar in pricing, but farm fresh is similar as far as "Oh we package fresh fruit, sushi, etc" for you.
    Kroger is the same to me, i lived in Jax for a year and jumped for joy when i found Publix

Thats a bunch of bs about FarmFresh too. Kroger has a sushi guy in there everyday, and they have a great selection of produce, organic and regular
  3. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Cost of living is so freaking expensive here compared to Colorado. I have to shop at the commissary!
    ​​​

“Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known.” -- Carl Sagan

4. Senior Member
    I do the majority of my shopping at the commissary. I only buy choice produce there though. Most of it is gross . Onions, garlic, potatoes and kiwis are good though The rest of my produce I get from the German grocery store. Their produce is amazing.
  5. Do or do not... There is no try.~ Yoda, Jedi Master
    Do or do not... There is no try.~ Yoda, Jedi Master
    "Well, if there's a bright center to the universe, you're on the planet that it's farthest from."

Quote Originally Posted by Kiley. View Post
    So, overall would you say the commissary is probably and usually the cheaper route?? I've only done grocery shopping once.... so I really don't know anything about the prices at stores, etc.
    Normally, they are cheaper. BUT... my dh loves frito lay chips and the commy isn't always the least expensive, so I ge them wherever they are cheapest. Meat is almost always cheaper on base.
    I'm not Lynn, but we ARE MSOS Best Friends and MSOS Twins.
  6. Senior Member
    Our commisary is an absolute zoo 24/7, so I try and stay as far away from there as possible
    Usually we shop at Walmart because it's closest. Plus, the commisary here isn't any cheaper than shopping off base.
  7. Senior Member

When I lived there I shopped at farm fresh or Harris teeter. I rarely went to the commissary because it was way out of the way. I lived near green briar mall.
  8. Senior Member
    We also have a Harris Teeter and it's actually a really nice store I don't usually shop there though since it isn't as close.
  9. ♡1 Peter 4:8 ♡
    ♡1 Peter 4:8 ♡
    I'm no help because I get things from wherever they are cheapest usually. It ends up being the commissary, publix bogo sales, Kroger, and WalMart mostly. Oh, also Big Lots (which is so weird to me) has occasional good deals - DH loves these jalapeño pretzels that's are consistently a whole 1$ or 2$ cheaper there. Doesn't sound like much, but it adds up when he goes through a bag in a couple days!

Eta: I don't go to all the stores every time, but if it is a significant amount to save I'll take an extra trip.
  10. AKA USAFgfChels
    AKA USAFgfChels

I chose Other! Only because we have a smaller local grocery store that I go to get a few things cause it is closer to the house, but their prices are HIGH! And unfortunately, Wal Mart is the only other grocery store here. I dispise going there. DB could take me to the Commisary but it's a ways out of town and he has to sign me on everytime. But I'd rather do all that then Wal Mart anyday!!
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast