Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: SAHWs without kids!

1. Senior Member

SAHWs without kids!

Advertisements
    What do you DO all day? I am so freaking bored all the time. I have way too much time on my hands. I lurk around the internet, stalk all the threads here and comment occasionally, hang out with my dog, anddd that's about it! My husband is gone from like 5AM-6PM lately and I never have anything to do!

I have the most spotless apartment in all the land, I've marathoned every dumb reality show netflix has to offer, what has my life become. I wish someone would hire me, and I can't wait to start school again. GAH.

How do you guys spend your time?
  2. <3 <3 <3
    <3 <3 <3
    I'm no help. I've only lived in an apartment myself for a week. I'm planning on doing school and trying to make friends
  3. sassypants
    sassypants
    im not a SAHW but sometimes when life gets boring I teach myself something new
    an insterment
    hiking
    wilderness stuff
    knitting
    cooking
    etc
    rocket_liz is my wifey
  4. Senior Member
    I clean and play WoW
  5. BingBangBoom that's how babies are made
    BingBangBoom that's how babies are made
    For a SAHW, you'd think my house would be spotless but it never is. In fact, it looks like a tornado hit it half the time.

I clean, run errands, work out, take care of the crazy dogs (they're basically like kids )... I'm thinking about trying to crochet. I've always wanted to learn.
    Once in awhile, I'll play my violin now that I finally got him (yes, him ) back from my parents house. But one of my strings broke the other day when I was tuning it so now I have to get it fixed

"Thank you so much. No matter what, nothing is possible without you behind the scenes bustin heads and takin names. Thank you again. Everything you have done for me means a lot and nothing has gone unnoticed. I love you so much and thank you for saying 'I do.'"
  6. Living in paradise :D
    Living in paradise :D
    When I was a SAHW without kids, I cleaned, cooked more meals and made more of them from scratch, learned and practiced new recipes, window shopped a lot, spent a lot of time online, hung out at friends's houses and took up hobbies like cross-stitch, making signatures for people on the online forum I was on at the time while also being a mod for it, reading.

I wish I had known about and taken some classes for hobbies I was interested in when I had time like cake decorating.
  7. be silly. be honest. be kind.
    be silly. be honest. be kind.
    Most of my spare time is spent our with neighbors either taking our dogs on walks or going into town for something. They are the biggest blessing ever.

I dread cleaning because it feels like an endless cycle since DH is def not tidy...but I like to cook things from scratch and lurk around online. I'm going to bake a couple different kinds of bread this week.

"The purpose of life is not to simply be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well."
    - Ralph Waldo Emerson

8. AMD
    I read a lot, and I volunteer. Find an organization that interests you and see if they could use an extra hand. Plus, volunteer work can help boost your resume.

Oh, and since most of the spouses where I live are also unemployed, we do a lot of get togethers
  9. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Quote Originally Posted by january View Post
    What do you DO all day? I am so freaking bored all the time. I have way too much time on my hands. I lurk around the internet, stalk all the threads here and comment occasionally, hang out with my dog, anddd that's about it! My husband is gone from like 5AM-6PM lately and I never have anything to do!

I have the most spotless apartment in all the land, I've marathoned every dumb reality show netflix has to offer, what has my life become. I wish someone would hire me, and I can't wait to start school again. GAH.

How do you guys spend your time?
    I'm with ya, dear.

Good gosh, what DO I do with my day? I guess not a lot if I have to think about it this hard
  10. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    I have kids but they are in school all day. I clean, work-out, volunteer, hang out with friends, explore, etc.
    Follow me on Instagram, if you'd like.

https://instagram.com/mrotsarbed
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast