Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Need Some Food Help!

1. Account Closed
    Account Closed

Need Some Food Help!

Advertisements
    Ok ladies, I've gotten lazy in my pregnancy. I blame the back pain.

HOWEVER, we can't keep eating out like this...pretty much 5 out of 7 dinners are takeout for the past few months because first I couldn't handle the smell of food, then I couldn't walk after being awake for a few hours (sciatica), and now I've become painfully lazy. It's not a big money issue, no worries, but we would both prefer to not spend as much just because it's important to be more frugal with a baby on the way in this climate. Just so you all know we're not being irresponsible

I've gotten a few basic dishes stocked up that take less effort...pasta and red sauce, hot dogs (YES, I know, nitrates...but I crave), bagel egg and cheese sammiches, uncrustables for in a clinch, english muffin pizzas (5 minutes prep and in the oven), and some stouffer's mac and cheese. I'd like some more suggestions!

It pains me to be like this because I'm a really good cook...I love getting fancy in the kitchen, and I used to plan days around what I was making for dinner. I just can't bring myself to care as much now, but I don't want to fall apart completely. KWIM?

I appreciate any foods you all can suggest, and believe me...DH appreciates it even more!
  2. Arianna is my Angel!
    Arianna is my Angel!
    Blog Entries
    I know EXACTLY what you mean! I have started to do the quick 5 min meals. like cambells chicken casseroles, crock pots, and steaks. frozen veges and lasagnas. I make a saturday a week, put them in the containers, prep, and throw them in the freezer. DH puts them in the fridge on his way to pt. I pop it in the over at 4:30, eat by 5...
  3. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Make a big pot of soup. It lasts for days..lol

Chili beans

Burgers
  4. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Quote Originally Posted by motorpoolwifey View Post
    I know EXACTLY what you mean! I have started to do the quick 5 min meals. like cambells chicken casseroles, crock pots, and steaks. frozen veges and lasagnas. I make a saturday a week, put them in the containers, prep, and throw them in the freezer. DH puts them in the fridge on his way to pt. I pop it in the over at 4:30, eat by 5...
    Excellent! Now I just need to find the motivation to do the "day of cooking"
    And the freezer room...we are packed to capacity. I keep telling DH that we need a standalone freezer in the garage or basement, especially for storing breastmilk and baby food.
    Quote Originally Posted by Enigma View Post
    Make a big pot of soup. It lasts for days..lol

Chili beans

Burgers
    Mmmmmm burgers. Me likey.
  5. Senior Member
    I really dislike cooking, so I try and find the quickest, easiest things possible!

Hamburger helper type things
    In the frozen section, there's complete dinners in a bag
    Soups are always good
    Pasta is quick!

6. Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by danaalex View Post
    Excellent! Now I just need to find the motivation to do the "day of cooking"
    And the freezer room...we are packed to capacity. I keep telling DH that we need a standalone freezer in the garage or basement, especially for storing breastmilk and baby food.

Mmmmmm burgers. Me likey.
    Definitely worth it, we had a small chest freezer years ago, it was only about 5-7 cu'. I can't remember the exact size but it was a small one but for frozen foods and breast milk it was just right for a family of 3 and we were able to keep it in a small apartment. We sold it in 2006 just before our move to Korea. Now just have another refrigerator in the garage because my two boys are now teenage bottomless pits!! We go through a gallon of milk a day at least, if not more so I stock up by buying 6 gallons in one trip and that takes up a lot of fridge space!
  7. Senior Member
    Crockpot all the way. Throw everything in, come back 8 hours later, and dinner's ready!
  8. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by foreverandalways View Post
    Crockpot all the way. Throw everything in, come back 8 hours later, and dinner's ready!
    Loooove my crockpot! It's so quick and easy
  9. Senior Member
    I usually make huge batches of lasagna, enchiladas, and guacamole and freeze for easy dinners. I'm also a big fan of breakfast for dinner, super easy to cook!
  10. simply_sweetx0
    simply_sweetx0
    I have a cookbook by Kraft where all the meals are under 30 minutes. I have my days when I enjoy cooking and days when I hate it. I do love my crockpot though it helps a lot!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast