Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: At what temperature?

1. Senior Member

At what temperature?

Advertisements
    At what temperature do you turn on the heat? What temperature do you keep your thermostat on?

My thermostat says 68 right now. Its about 10 degrees cooler upstair for some reason. I'm really debating turning on the heat, but I usually set it at 68, so it wouldn't even turn on.
    R.I.P. My Love, Everyone was supposed to come home together, I'm sorry you had to come home early
  2. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Blog Entries

I'm a wimp so if its between 60-69 I turn the heat on for a few minutes..I like the house at 78 at all times unless its super humid
  3. CREATOR OF MINIBOT
    CREATOR OF MINIBOT
    ours has kinda been sitting at 74 for the past while.
    Though last night for some reason it got super hot in the bedroom and I had to open a window D:
  4. 021409<3
    021409<3
    We don't

We're really trying to save on bills so we just bundle up with sweatshirts and blankets
  5. Moderator

Because of the baby, I keep the thermostat at 73 degrees- it's much colder in her room.

IF I had it my way though, I'd probably not turn on heat until it was like 65.
  6. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    I usually turn it on when it hits 64. I'm a baby.

I Eelizah
  7. Need a shoulder? My PM box is always open!
    Need a shoulder? My PM box is always open!
    House is usually set on 67 once we turn the heat on, but we don't generally turn it on in the fall until it's like 64 in the house and not going back up. I hate using fuel.
  8. Senior Member
    I'm a big baby, I turned it on. It is legit 10 degrees cooler upstairs. It makes no sense! This house is crazy, in the summer its 10 degrees warmer in my room, in the winter its 10 degrees cooler. I just can't win!

ETA: its not so bad here for the electricity rates in the winter. They are so much lower now, so I don't feel too too guilty. I'll probably turn it off soon.
    R.I.P. My Love, Everyone was supposed to come home together, I'm sorry you had to come home early
  9. Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by azarmygf View Post
    I'm a big baby, I turned it on. It is legit 10 degrees cooler upstairs. It makes no sense! This house is crazy, in the summer its 10 degrees warmer in my room, in the winter its 10 degrees cooler. I just can't win!

ETA: its not so bad here for the electricity rates in the winter. They are so much lower now, so I don't feel too too guilty. I'll probably turn it off soon.
    This is totally how it is in my house. And it's a SMALL house. It's bizarre. The back of the house is at least 10 degrees warmer than the front when it's cold, and 10 degrees cooler than the front when it's hot. It's really frustrating because the baby's room is up front and it's impossible to keep it at a good temp for her.
  10. i request the highest of fives!
    i request the highest of fives!
    ours is set to 70, but it's kind of broken—it's the heat stops approximately five degrees cooler than what you set. so it's "set" to 65.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast