Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Am I weird?

1. Bringing wizard awareness to muggles everywhere
    Bringing wizard awareness to muggles everywhere
    Blog Entries

Whatever Am I weird?

Advertisements
    Don't worry, I'm not feeling all insecure or emotional or anything, I'm just curious.

Sometimes, when posting things on this site, I feel SO incredibly different than everyone. I like my life, don't get me wrong. (Obviously some circumstantial events I would wish never happened but....) I guess half the time I don't realize that much of the world lives so differently than I do.

I am 26 years old, 27 next month.

So here is my question. Am I weird or strange or really just very very different to YOU because I:

Have never tried any alcohol in my life ever.
    I have never smoked or tried any drugs ever, not even once.
    I have never had sex, in any way shape or form. (I've only french kissed a handful of times)
    I never had a boyfriend, or any male (or female I guess) have any interest in me until June this year when I met exDB.
    I am fat.

Maybe I'm not so different after all, but I will never know unless I ask.
  2. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Malfoy View Post
    Don't worry, I'm not feeling all insecure or emotional or anything, I'm just curious.

Sometimes, when posting things on this site, I feel SO incredibly different than everyone. I like my life, don't get me wrong. (Obviously some circumstantial events I would wish never happened but....) I guess half the time I don't realize that much of the world lives so differently than I do.

So here is my question. Am I weird or strange or really just very very different to YOU because I:

I have never had sex, in any way shape or form. (I've only french kissed a handful of times)
    I never had a boyfriend, or any male (or female I guess) have any interest in me until June this year when I met exDB.
    I am fat.

You ARE different. But, it's not a bad thing.

1) Have never tried any alcohol in my life ever.
    2) I have never smoked or tried any drugs ever, not even once.
    3) I have never had sex, in any way shape or form. (I've only french kissed a handful of times)
    4) I never had a boyfriend, or any male (or female I guess) have any interest in me until June this year when I met exDB.
    5) I am fat.
    1) Alcohol isn't a big thing to me. I've tried it. But, it's not my favorite thing ever. It's realllllly NBD.
    2) I guess I've "tried" smoking.. and failed. I've never done any drugs either.
    3) You're missing out
    4) Boyfriends fill time. It's the love of your life you're looking for. That's harder
    5)

You're welcome.
  3. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Blog Entries
    I like your views and your outlook on life!! You are different, but everyone is! I'm sure we all could post something about ourselves that is somewhat different from most on the board. It doesn't make you weird at all.
  4. Account Closed
    Account Closed

I am fat.

Try not to dwell on how others live. If you are happy, then so be it..do you feel weird? do you feel strange? try not to allow others to make you question you, your life and your contentment with all that emcompases you.

But may I say, since it was posted... it bugs me when people call themselves fat. Even if its fact or not; its not flattering and it comes off as insecure. If you have a problem with the way you look, then change it, if not then own it, but declaring one is fat to me, is tacky. For instance, if someone were to post something along the lines of: "I always have boyfriends. I am hot" I'd be like I guess I just don't get the point in saying it...without meaing to be snarky in anyway, are you looking for reassurance?
  5. Senior Member
    What makeS everyone different makes the world beautiful
  6. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sasha*ba View Post
    You ARE different. But, it's not a bad thing.

1) Alcohol isn't a big thing to me. I've tried it. But, it's not my favorite thing ever. It's realllllly NBD.
    2) I guess I've "tried" smoking.. and failed. I've never done any drugs either.
    3) You're missing out
    4) Boyfriends fill time. It's the love of your life you're looking for. That's harder
    5)
    Double Ring Proposal 10/5/2011 made Augusta my MSOS wifey
    skp is my rockin' Cali pal
    No more ticker!!! Deployment #2 is over
  7. Moderator

I prefer "peculiar" to weird. And yes you are. Me likey.
  8. Bringing wizard awareness to muggles everywhere
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by AwwSnail View Post
    Try not to dwell on how others live. If you are happy, then so be it..do you feel weird? do you feel strange? try not to allow others to make you question you, your life and your contentment with all that emcompases you.

But may I say, since it was posted... it bugs me when people call themselves fat. Even if its fact or not; its not flattering and it comes off as insecure. If you have a problem with the way you look, then change it, if not then own it, but declaring one is fat to me, is tacky. For instance, if someone were to post something along the lines of: "I always have boyfriends. I am hot" I'd be like I guess I just don't get the point in saying it...without meaning to be snarky in anyway, are you looking for reassurance?
    I debated about posting that last one. It was more joking. I dislike it too, oddly enough. But I am feeling insecure about it lately, that much is true.
  9. Bringing wizard awareness to muggles everywhere
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Loving View Post
    I prefer "peculiar" to weird. And yes you are. Me likey.
    thanks
  10. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    I debated about posting that last one. It was more joking. I dislike it too, oddly enough. But I am feeling insecure about it lately, that much is true.
    I get it... I know your posting style a bit, I enjoy your sense of humor

It just really bugs me when people say it, kwim?

When I feel down about myself, I begin to explore that feeling by asking myself: Whats one thing I could do to make myself feel less insecure?
    Last edited by AwwSnail; 12-02-2011 at 01:27 AM. Reason: wording!
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast