Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: What to do with the money??

1. Live In Love
    Live In Love

What to do with the money??

Advertisements
    So I got my school refund check today. I had originally planned on paying off my credit card, and using the rest as a cushion. Now I need to get glasses and a hair cut, that I'm going to do tomorrow. Plus drive home to see my gramma (i promised) That's all going to be about $200 total.

I really want a new desktop computer though. I know if I buy it, I'll have at least 18 months no interest payment, so I won't have to worry about paying it off right away, but I can't bring myself to spend huge amounts of money if I don't have to..

I'm doing just fine with bills and such right now, so it's not absolutely necessary that I save the money or anything..

What would you do??
  2. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Quote Originally Posted by HeatherBear View Post
    So I got my school refund check today. I had originally planned on paying off my credit card, and using the rest as a cushion. Now I need to get glasses and a hair cut, that I'm going to do tomorrow. Plus drive home to see my gramma (i promised) That's all going to be about $200 total.

I really want a new desktop computer though. I know if I buy it, I'll have at least 18 months no interest payment, so I won't have to worry about paying it off right away, but I can't bring myself to spend huge amounts of money if I don't have to..

I'm doing just fine with bills and such right now, so it's not absolutely necessary that I save the money or anything..

What would you do??
    Tax season is not all that far away, so I would save getting a new computer until then because you know they'll have some crazy good prices. Less to pay off in the long run, if you can wait that long. That's just what I would do, honestly.
  3. jadedvoices
    jadedvoices
    Quote Originally Posted by WonHimFromTheSea View Post
    Tax season is not all that far away, so I would save getting a new computer until then because you know they'll have some crazy good prices. Less to pay off in the long run, if you can wait that long. That's just what I would do, honestly.
    ‎"Our greatest glory consists not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

4. Live In Love
    Live In Love
    That's soooooooo far away!
  5. Senior Member
    I would categorize these things into whether they are true needs or if they are wants, and then decide how to utilize the money. I would put the money towards paying off the credit card, for sure. I'm assuming these are eyeglasses you need, which would be a need as well. If you promised your grandmother a visit, though it's not necessarily a need, I would put some money in towards that visit as well. As for the computer, if you have one already and it's in working condition, then I would say that a new computer would be more of a want, and it could wait a bit. With all of the holidays coming up, I'm sure there's bound to be some good deals a little later.