Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Interesting food habits?

1. Banned
    Banned

Interesting food habits?

Advertisements
    I just realized that I tend to alternate salty and sweet food, but I always have to end on salty. why

Do you have a particular order or arrangement of food that makes it more appetizing?
  2. Senior Member

I can't drink milk at all unless I have something sweet or as chocolate milk. I say that because my son will just drink milk by itself and I think it's gross by itself.
  3. Arianna is my Angel!
    Arianna is my Angel!
    Blog Entries
    When snacking, I have to have even numbers in my mouth. And I don't remember chewing my food when I'm hungry
  4. Senior Member
    I can't eat two different colored candies at once. With Skittles, spice drops, and Starburst, it makes sense, because they're different flavors, but M&Ms?
  5. Senior Member
    my food cannot touch unless it is ment to! Like my corn cannot touch my mashed potatoes, but green bean cassarole can.

I eat my food in order of how much I like it starting with what I dislike the most ending on what I absolutely love. I have to eat all of one food before moving onto the next.

I also rarely clean my plate. The minute I feel the slightest but full I stop, even if there is only a bite or two left on my plate. DH teases me for this, but then he grabs my plate and finishes it up (and that skinny skinny man could use it, operation gain 10 pounds has not worked at all).

I also have a love hate relationship with junk food. I love the yummy taste, but hate the sick feeling that goes along with it. I had a package of thin mints that went bad because I could only eat 1 or 2 before I felt sick then had to wait a few days to eat anymore. I am in Italy, surrounded by all these delicous pasteries and I have to pass them up all the time (don't even get me started on gelato, I would be doubled over crying while death gripping it to keep people from taking it away).

Also, I get obsessive with certain foods. During the summer it is cucumber salad. Winter it tends to be lamb stews and veggie soup.

I am trying to keep DS from being as weird with food as I am. So far he takes after DH, mixing up his food on his plate and making weird concoctions in the kitchen.

Life is a great big canvas, throw all the paint you can at it~ Danny Kaye
  6. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    I eat mini pretzels and reece's pieces every night, in this combination.... 1 pretzel 2 RP's... no more no less for perfect balance of taste of the two together in a bite.

That it I guess. Nothing too strange.
  7. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

I am a texture eater. I like or dislike mainly based on texture. It can be a food I normally love but if the texture is off I can not eat it
  8. Senior Member

I don't know if I have any... I can't think of any at least... I should ask DF
  9. Banned
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Navgirl View Post
    I can't drink milk at all unless I have something sweet or as chocolate milk. I say that because my son will just drink milk by itself and I think it's gross by itself.
    I cannot do plain milk either! In elementary school try would tell me I had to drink milk and I ended up putting water in it until there was no milk left. Whoa.

Quote Originally Posted by motorpoolwifey View Post
    When snacking, I have to have even numbers in my mouth. And I don't remember chewing my food when I'm hungry
    I feel you on the not remembering chewing. Oh, and maltballs? I had to have two at one time, otherwise they creeped me out.

Quote Originally Posted by Stardust View Post
    I can't eat two different colored candies at once. With Skittles, spice drops, and Starburst, it makes sense, because they're different flavors, but M&Ms?
    Did you do that M&M game growing up, where if you eat certain colors certain things will happen?
  10. Happy New Year!
    Happy New Year!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tana Bear View Post
    I am a texture eater. I like or dislike mainly based on texture. It can be a food I normally love but if the texture is off I can not eat it
    Me too, and my husband doesn't get it at all :

"Missing someone isn't about how long it has been since you've seen them or the amount of time since you've talked.
    It's about that very moment when you find yourself doing something and wishing they were right there by your side."
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast