Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What to do?

1. Regular Member

What to do?

Advertisements
    I'm not sure when I'll be ready to date again but I was thinking about trying online dating again. I honestly don't know how else to meet guys. I'm so shy it's hard for me to do it IRL until I've talk to them for a bit online. (I'm kinda a**backwards. Lol.)

In the past I used a free site called POF.com. Definitely, NOT using them again. I've tried them 3 times and it all went to hell. I also tried Match and eHarmony. Match didn't like so much. The guy I dated from eHarmony probably would've worked out if stupid ex DB didn't come back.

Any online dating suggestions? Or maybe how to meet people IRL? Darn you, shyness!
  2. No longer seeing where it goes, I'm in the driver's seat.
    No longer seeing where it goes, I'm in the driver's seat.
    Blog Entries
    POF is how I met my exDB. I think I just need to delete his stuff from mine, yes he's still on there. I only kept my account because he had his pics up there and I liked to look at those when he wasn't always around.

Zoosk, is how I met my best guy friend. He and I had a flame, but he never made a move and he now realizes he messed up. Never know. I'm setting a time limit for myself to be single though. I'm giving myself the time that exDB was origianally going to be deployed, it just seems like a reasonable amount of time and I can focus on myself.
  3. Free!
    Free!
    I click on one for the Ads on POF and got lucky. It kind of called to me so I tried it.
  4. Senior Member
    i used match and it worked or i got lucky ; ) i had tried eharmony with no success and also yahoo (dont' think it is online anymore) - i'd say try again!! Good luck!

5. Regular Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Boneslady View Post
    I click on one for the Ads on POF and got lucky. It kind of called to me so I tried it.
    I'm glad it worked out for you!
  6. "holly housewife" in the making
    "holly housewife" in the making
    i've tried POF, match, and okcupid. okcupid is where i found DB
    "he is good, so good...
    he treats your little girl like a real man should."

♥ adjusting to the civi life ♥
  7. Regular Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dangermouse View Post
    i used match and it worked or i got lucky ; ) i had tried eharmony with no success and also yahoo (dont' think it is online anymore) - i'd say try again!! Good luck!
    Haha. Either way I'm glad it worked for you! Thanks. I recreated my eHarmony but closed it down again. I need to step back and give myself some time before jumping back in. Haha.
  8. Free!
    Free!
    Quote Originally Posted by Carm2010 View Post
    I'm glad it worked out for you!
    Me too! It was my second time around trying the online thing after failing miserable in-person for 5 years lol. I'm definitely glad I tried again.
  9. OG Member
    OG Member
    Blog Entries
    I'm thinking I'm going to give okcupid a whirl, I've never really done the online dating thing but it seems to be how everyone is meeting these days. Honestly, though in the past the way I've met guys has always been either through mutual friends or they were friends of mine that I just finally got up the courage to say, "Hey, I like you" it works for me...although after years of friendship with exDB he turned out to be the biggest D-bag of all so maybe OKcupid will work out...always willing to give stuff a try.

10. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Blog Entries
    I had great success with eHarmony (obviously). I met DB there. It took a while though. I have to really be patient. I had a lot of matches, but I was really picky with what I wanted and then some of the guys I talked to, the spark wasn't there once we got past emailing. It took 4-5 months of eHarmony to get DB as a match and I almost gave up around the time he showed up! Glad I waited!

Good luck to you in whatever you choose!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast