Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Born under unusual circumstances...anyone?

1. I have died everyday waiting for you
    I have died everyday waiting for you

Born under unusual circumstances...anyone?

Advertisements
    I was just watching Born on a Bad Day on the Discovery Health Channel. Does anyone have any interesting birth stories, yours, yours kids, someone you know?

The only unusual thing about my birth was that the doctor who delivered me turned out not to be a doctor at all. He had stolen someone's identity and was practicing medicine under that guy's name and degrees, etc. According to my mom, he was an excellent doctor and she loved him. She was stunned when the news came out about him. He delivered me, my cousin, and just about everyone I went to school with. (Small town.)

Anyone?

RIP Daniel Jay Hedrick 01/07/1988 ~ 03/03/2011
    Loving my wifey, Nina. 12-5-2008
  2. La vie boheme
    La vie boheme

Holy crap!

Yeah I can't even begin to touch that.

Let us not love with words or speech but with actions and in truth. - 1 John 3:18
  3. Senior Member
    Lol, probably not that uncommon, but I came so fast the doctor didn't even deliver me, the nurse did!!!! Go nurses!
  4. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Amberliegh View Post
    I was just watching Born on a Bad Day on the Discovery Health Channel. Does anyone have any interesting birth stories, yours, yours kids, someone you know?

The only unusual thing about my birth was that the doctor who delivered me turned out not to be a doctor at all. He had stolen someone's identity and was practicing medicine under that guy's name and degrees, etc. According to my mom, he was an excellent doctor and she loved him. She was stunned when the news came out about him. He delivered me, my cousin, and just about everyone I went to school with. (Small town.)

Anyone?
    BTW, this is SUPER creppy lol!
  5. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Hmmm.... I was born 2.5 weeks AFTER my due date (I kinda wonder if maybe they miscalculated it ) and even then, they STILL had to induce my poor mom. 40-something hours of labor, and they ended up having to perform a c-section.

I hope this crap isn't hereditary
  6. Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

That's crazy that your doctor had stolen someone's identity! I'm glad he didn't hurt anyone.

The only thing unusual for me I guess is that I was born with my umbilical cord wrapped around my neck. It didn't hurt me though but it scared my mom. Also I was born on my dad's birthday.
  7. Senior Member
    My son was born at 24 weeks and weighed 1 pound 9 ounces and spent 4.5 months in the hospital and now is a perfectly happy healthy 19 month old We had no problems until the 23rd week and then all of a sudden I was fully dilated and being transferred to a different hospital. They told us he wouldn't live, but God had other plans
  8. Moderator

There was nothing unusual about my birth. At least not that I know of.

My son's birth...

DH wasn't there.
    I didn't mind (though I love my husband with all my heart- just realized this sounded bad ).
    I've never felt a contraction.
    He (baby) never dropped.
    I never dilated, effaced, any of that L&D mumbo-jumbo.

In short... I have NO IDEA WHAT IT'S LIKE TO HAVE A BABY.

But that's all just kind of amusing to me, not really all that interesting.
  9. I have died everyday waiting for you
    I have died everyday waiting for you
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojai View Post
    That's crazy that your doctor had stolen someone's identity! I'm glad he didn't hurt anyone.

The only thing unusual for me I guess is that I was born with my umbilical cord wrapped around my neck. It didn't hurt me though but it scared my mom. Also I was born on my dad's birthday.
    You reminded me, didnt think to add this in but I was born on Fathers Day. My mom said that when she told my dad she was going into labor, he thought she was joking because of the holiday. June 17th

RIP Daniel Jay Hedrick 01/07/1988 ~ 03/03/2011
    Loving my wifey, Nina. 12-5-2008
  10. Formerly BooBoo_Bear
    Formerly BooBoo_Bear
    The doctor wasn't prepared when I came out. He was turned around doing whatever, I decided I had enough of my mom and came shooting out. The nurse screamed and the doc turned around and caught me and his hand was imprinted on my back and side. As I grew up, his hand print stayed there... now it just looks like a bruise about the size of a hand on my side. Kinda strange. Kinda made me hate doctors my whole life hah
Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast