Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Where do I send my letters to my soldier?

1. Senior Member
    Blog Entries

Where do I send my letters to my soldier?

Advertisements
    I have his address but I have no idea where to have them mailed from. His base from when he was here in the States is 1,000 miles away so I'm really confused. I'm pretty sure I can't just send it through the mail so what do I do??
    HOME!! We survived our 1st Deployment

2. I was a GREAT mom... until I had kids.
    I was a GREAT mom... until I had kids.
    Blog Entries
    Where is he? I send everything threw the USPS...

3. Senior Member
    need some more info... is he deployed? all mail goes thru the USPS, period...
    R.I.P. My Love, Everyone was supposed to come home together, I'm sorry you had to come home early
  4. Do or do not... There is no try.~ Yoda, Jedi Master
    Do or do not... There is no try.~ Yoda, Jedi Master
    "Well, if there's a bright center to the universe, you're on the planet that it's farthest from."

Quote Originally Posted by CaitlinT View Post
    I have his address but I have no idea where to have them mailed from. His base from when he was here in the States is 1,000 miles away so I'm really confused. I'm pretty sure I can't just send it through the mail so what do I do??
    I am confused by your post...

You can send mail through the US post office with a regular stamp on it. You should have an APO box for him if he is deployed or overseas.
    I'm not Lynn, but we ARE MSOS Best Friends and MSOS Twins.
  5. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Sorry, yes, he is deployed over in Afghanistan right now. I didn't mean to make my post confusing!
    HOME!! We survived our 1st Deployment

6. Senior Member
    I'm pretty sure all you have to do is put it in the mailbox with his overseas address on it...
  7. Senior Member
    all mail goes through the usps...I send my packages through there and he ended up receiving them faster than ups but it depends on where they are...

Siggy by AshMark's
    Mr. & Mrs. since August 20, 2010 He's home! Finally Together
  8. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CaitlinT View Post
    Sorry, yes, he is deployed over in Afghanistan right now. I didn't mean to make my post confusing!
    well, you said you have an address, it should be an APO address. just take whatever you want send to the post office. if its a letter, then it needs one stamp. if its a package, then use a flat rate box (its the cheapest way). and theres a set price for each size box, less two dollars for sending to an APO.

hope this answers your question! let us know if it doesnt...
    R.I.P. My Love, Everyone was supposed to come home together, I'm sorry you had to come home early
  9. Looking for the sunshine...
    Looking for the sunshine...

All military mail goes through the normal US Post Office. If his address is "APO" that means Atlantic Post Office, which is the sorting/seperating station for military RUN by the military. So, you put it in the mailbox or at the post office. They send it to the APO station. The APO station sorts it to the appropriate route to your db/df/dh's duty station no matter where on earth it may be. No need to send it 1st class or over night ect.....it all takes the same amount of time once it its the APO station.

There are specific boxes you can get from the US Post office specifically for the military. No matter how much it weighs, if it fits in the box it's like $11 bucks to ship. If you are mailing a care package you have to fill out a customs form. The post office will have one and can show you how to fill it out. Fill it out correctly, because if it is lost and you lied and said it only had magazines inside but instead you shipped say a dvd/game/ipod ect..you can not claim for that amount lost. KWIM? If it's expensive pay for the insurance. It's only pennies on the dollar. Save your receipts for what you purchase (other than candy, cookies, magazines, cards...ect...too hard to claim those). Remember anything you send him he has to be able to pack up and take with him anywhere he goes so sending a lamp/guitar/huge stuffed animal might be hard for him to get in his gearbox or back pack.

Regular envelopes go with a regular stamp.
  10. Do or do not... There is no try.~ Yoda, Jedi Master
    Do or do not... There is no try.~ Yoda, Jedi Master
    "Well, if there's a bright center to the universe, you're on the planet that it's farthest from."

Quote Originally Posted by Jayo View Post
    All military mail goes through the normal US Post Office. If his address is "APO" that means Atlantic Post Office, which is the sorting/seperating station for military RUN by the military. So, you put it in the mailbox or at the post office. They send it to the APO station. The APO station sorts it to the appropriate route to your db/df/dh's duty station no matter where on earth it may be. No need to send it 1st class or over night ect.....it all takes the same amount of time once it its the APO station.

There are specific boxes you can get from the US Post office specifically for the military. No matter how much it weighs, if it fits in the box it's like $11 bucks to ship. If you are mailing a care package you have to fill out a customs form. The post office will have one and can show you how to fill it out. Fill it out correctly, because if it is lost and you lied and said it only had magazines inside but instead you shipped say a dvd/game/ipod ect..you can not claim for that amount lost. KWIM? If it's expensive pay for the insurance. It's only pennies on the dollar. Save your receipts for what you purchase (other than candy, cookies, magazines, cards...ect...too hard to claim those). Remember anything you send him he has to be able to pack up and take with him anywhere he goes so sending a lamp/guitar/huge stuffed animal might be hard for him to get in his gearbox or back pack.

Regular envelopes go with a regular stamp.
    But I think the $11 boxes are now $12.50.
    I'm not Lynn, but we ARE MSOS Best Friends and MSOS Twins.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast