Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Ways to spice up conversations

1. Banned
    Banned

Ways to spice up conversations

Advertisements
    So...DB is currently in AIT, and although we don't get to talk all day, by the time we're through telling each other about our days later that evening, the conversation gets pretty lame...

I was wondering if any of you ladies had any ideas on how to spice it up? Not necessarily in a sexual way [although, I'm not opposed to it], but just something different.

Thanks! :]
  2. Am
    Honestly, don't talk everyday. Does he have access to computers at all? You could play games online together. Talk about future plans and what you'll do when he gets back. Read the same book and talk about it when you talk.
  3. Regular Member
    Maybe some kind of 20 questions type of thing. Throughout the day both of you write down random/deep/whatever questions you have for eachother and ask a few each night
  4. Finally a Pharmacist and Wife to a Civilian!!
    Finally a Pharmacist and Wife to a Civilian!!
    Sometimes I'll find random question like what would you do with 1 million dollars, what would you do if you couldn't spend it on yourself, what's your favorite (insert here), etc. Cosmo also has like couple quizzes and stuff sometimes too. If you use skype they have games you can play like dominoes that we do sometimes.
    There is no medicine like hope, no incentive so great, and no tonic so powerful
    as expectation of something better tomorrow.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
    Tigger_pink is my MSOS wifey JoJoBannana is my twin
  5. Taking things one day at a time
    Taking things one day at a time
    Hmmm. DF is deployed and sometimes we have the same problem.. When DF and I were were lying in bed before we went to sleep we would do the question thing. It was nice. I like it when we talk about our future plans. Sorry I don't really have any ideas, but am excited to see what other come up with!
  6. Senior Member
    We used to do a lot of the "random" questions when we have extra time to kill, though recently its more of "hello and goodbye". The book idea is a good one!
  7. Finally a Pharmacist and Wife to a Civilian!!
    Finally a Pharmacist and Wife to a Civilian!!
    Also, if you have Skype and a lot of time to kill you two can watch a movie together. Either the same one on TV, if you have the same one on DVD, or sometimes you can set one of the cameras on the TV and get it that way. We do that maybe once a month. And the last few weeks we've started "sleeping" together where we set the computer on a chair before bed and fall asleep talking and we wake up to each other too. It means your computer is on ALL night, but I love it. Sometimes he will talk to me while I'm making dinner or cleaning the house. I just try to include him in my life.

Those aren't really conversation things, but they are things to do together. You have to have access to Skype and a laptop, though, so those certainly aren't available to everyone. I'll keep thinking, but we don't talk as much as we do stuff together. . .
    There is no medicine like hope, no incentive so great, and no tonic so powerful
    as expectation of something better tomorrow.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
    Tigger_pink is my MSOS wifey JoJoBannana is my twin