Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

View Poll Results: Struggled with weight?

Voters
86. You may not vote on this poll
  • As a child

17 19.77%
  • As a teen

32 37.21%
  • Currently working on it

67 77.91%
  • Never had any issues

14 16.28%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Weight

1. Senior Member

Weight

Advertisements
    I was just curious how many women have struggled with being overweight or having weight issues? Wanna share your story?

I was an overweight child, then lost quite a bit as a teenager. I slowly gained a few pounds a year for the next several years, then I gained 65 pounds with my pregnancy. Over the last year I have slowly lost the weight plus 20 more pounds! I finally feel like the outside matches the inside, if that makes sense. I had to totally change my lifestyle and eating habits but it's been well worth it!
  2. Senior Member
    I've never been "over-weight" as an adult, and not really as a teen. I'd say as a child, I had an extra few lbs..but I've always been pretty normal after that. Of course, every girl thinks she could lose a few, but I'm average.

You're welcome.
  3. CREATOR OF MINIBOT
    CREATOR OF MINIBOT
    I'm actually dangerously underweight.
    My body has trouble keeping what it should.
    An' because of that I get alot of pain cause my body doesn't have the right amount of nutrients to keep everything going.
    Or whatever the dr. said.

And it's not like I don't eat :C I eat alot... My body just hates me
  4. Senior Member
    i've always struggled with being underweight...
    R.I.P. My Love, Everyone was supposed to come home together, I'm sorry you had to come home early
  5. Finally a Pharmacist and Wife to a Civilian!!
    Finally a Pharmacist and Wife to a Civilian!!
    I've always been on the bigger side, even as a kid. In middle school I took a big dive and gained a ton of weight. Then my freshman/sophomore year of HS I lost about 30 and maintained that within 10lbs for the most part, but I was still over weight. I've now started working on it again and doing a complete lifestyle change and I've started losing again. I'm back to where I was when I graduated and my final goal is less than what I was when I was in the 3rd grade. We'll see if I ever get there, though.
    There is no medicine like hope, no incentive so great, and no tonic so powerful
    as expectation of something better tomorrow.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
    Tigger_pink is my MSOS wifey JoJoBannana is my twin
  6. Senior Member
    I was quite chunky up until recently. Now I am just managing my weight/trying to get to my dream weight which is 5lbs away.
  7. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Blog Entries
    I was a solid child but not a heavy one. I joined a lot of sports to stay in shape but a series of health events caused me to have to leave sports during junior year of high school and my weight ballooned. I got my act together and lost one hundred pounds during college, but a bad relationship and family drama caused my weight to creep again almost to where it was before (emotional and stress eating). I am now working on losing the weight again and for good, working on the emotional and physical health that comes from being fit and healthy.

8. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    I have struggled more than ever with my weight over the last 2yrs when I was in my ex I gained crazy amounts of weight because I was comfy and depressed in my lifestyle but then I realised the longer I stayed with him the more weight I put on the since last September when we broke up I have lost 28lbs but Im still stuck trying to get the final 14lbs! Isnt it amazing how comfy you can get being with a man it becomes unhealthy for you! Luckily now for me I have DB who has said he would never let me get depressed again nothing but happiness for us both and he calls me beautiful no matter what. But for me I want to loose these last 14lbs because then it means I have my life back in control and not my ex and I can look damn hot again in my own eyes!
    Last edited by Tigger_Pink; 08-21-2010 at 06:47 PM. Reason: Added more
    blondiebabe is my MSOS Wifey
  9. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tigger_Pink View Post
    I have struggled more than ever with my weight over the last 2yrs when I was in my ex I gained crazy amounts of weight because I was comfy in my lifestyle but then I realised the lone I stayed with him the more weight I put on the since last September when we broke up I have lost 28lbs but Im still stuck trying to get the final 14lbs! Isnt it amazing how comfy you can get being with a man it becomes unhealthy for you!
    I hear you, but mine was the opposite then with your problem. With exDF, he harped on me so much to be thin (I was at my thinnest after losing 100lbs when we started dating), that I actually resorted to bulimia to stay thin. When we broke up, I got help for the ED and gained weight slowly (combo of my metabolism restarting and being with DB who calls me beautiful no matter what size I am) until I reached the weight I am now.

10. Senior Member
    I was a tiny child and teen. Never had any problems, dropped all my baby weight right away with both boys and what not, until this year. I gained about 20ish lbs so Im now at 170+ lbs and Im 5`9. Im know if I dont do something its just going to get worse and Im trying to not let that happen
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast