Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Just for fun

1. Senior Member

Question Just for fun

Advertisements
    There has probably already been a million of these types of things.. but I'm bored & wanna get to know some of you MSOSers a little better

Soooo... If you're bored also, go ahead and answer.

1. Where in the world have you been that you would compare with/consider paradise?

- When I was living in Mineral Wells, WV- I was in highschool and I just remember that it was the best 6 months ever. I met so many awesome people, and had so much fun. The area is really beautiful, also.

2. What makes your best friend...your best friend?

-My best friend's name is Brandy. I met her when I was in 7th grade.. Her family has always been pretty wealthy & my parents were anything but. She didn't care about things like that, she always came over to my house & we became inseparable. I trust her more than I've ever trusted anyone; excluding DH. She's always there for me, and she has the biggest heart of anyone I've ever met. We are complete opposites in almost every aspect, but when we are together.. it really doesn't seem that way.

3. What kind of bad habits do you have?

-I bite my nails when I'm nervous annddd I smoke.

4. Name one thing many people don't know about you

-I think I write better than I speak.

5. Name your worst dating experience

-It was a blind date (go figure) ... he came to my house to pick me up, and I realized he had date-rape face ( if you have seen harold & kumar then you know the definition of that; "one who possesses the face of a date rapist" ) and when we got to the movie theatre and he bitched about the price of water... I was pretty much done with the whole date. Then I sat through possibly the worst movie ever with him, Tropic Thunder I think.

2. Senior Member
    really? no takers...

3. Regular Member
    1. Where in the world have you been that you would compare with/consider paradise?

- Outer Banks, North Carolina. I donít know what it is about it, but when Iím there itís like nothing else matters!

-My best friend's name is Eric Ė yep, a guy! Iíve known him since kindergarten and our parents are good friends too. We grew up together and eventually moved into an apartment together in college. There were 3 of us in a 2 bedroom apartment, and my other roommate (girl) refused to share a room so him and I ended up living in the same room for 6 months!! We just get along really well and heís always there to make me laugh, or to have a serious conversation with. And I love that everyone knows weíre just friends. Itís not one of those things were everyone says ďyou two will end up together one day, you were meant to be blah blah blahĒ

-I bite my nails and crack my knuckles.

-I read when Iím upset because it helps me block out my own problems and focus on the drama in the book.

-I was supposed to meet a guy at a restaurant at 6:00. I started calling/texting when he didnít show up by 6:15 and he never answered. I waited until 6:30 and then went to the mall since I was nearby. He text me over an hour later and told me he was so sorry he was late and to meet him at the restaurant and he would explain. So I didÖ and he was stoned out of his mind and his excuse was that he smoked with his friends, lost track of time, and fell asleep. Needless to say, we didnít end up having dinner.
  4. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie

- When I was a freshman in high school I took a tour of Italy with my grandparents. I'm an Italian girl myself and absolutely loved everything about it. We started in Venice and went all the way down to Capri. I would love love love to go back.

-My best friend is actually my DB. I don't really have many other friends because all my friends from high school are all really immature. DB is my best friend because he knows everything about me and excepts me for who I am. When he is home we are inseparable.

-I can burp like a sailor.(if thats really a habit)

-That all I want in life is to have a nice house with a big yard and live the simple country life. O and to finally get my dream job working with animals.

-I don't really have any bad dating experiences because my DB is literally my one and only. I have only had a little summer fling before DB (who was DBs friend) who left me for "a girl who was just like me with cool parents" who he ended up marrying. The funny thing is he never even met my parents. however, he did me a favor because now I have DB.
  5. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jillybean88 View Post

- Outer Banks, North Carolina. I donít know what it is about it, but when Iím there itís like nothing else matters!

-My best friend's name is Eric Ė yep, a guy! Iíve known him since kindergarten and our parents are good friends too. We grew up together and eventually moved into an apartment together in college. There were 3 of us in a 2 bedroom apartment, and my other roommate (girl) refused to share a room so him and I ended up living in the same room for 6 months!! We just get along really well and heís always there to make me laugh, or to have a serious conversation with. And I love that everyone knows weíre just friends. Itís not one of those things were everyone says ďyou two will end up together one day, you were meant to be blah blah blahĒ

-I bite my nails and crack my knuckles.

-I read when Iím upset because it helps me block out my own problems and focus on the drama in the book.

-I was supposed to meet a guy at a restaurant at 6:00. I started calling/texting when he didnít show up by 6:15 and he never answered. I waited until 6:30 and then went to the mall since I was nearby. He text me over an hour later and told me he was so sorry he was late and to meet him at the restaurant and he would explain. So I didÖ and he was stoned out of his mind and his excuse was that he smoked with his friends, lost track of time, and fell asleep. Needless to say, we didnít end up having dinner.
    I think it's awesome your best friend is a guy and there isn't any weird "you two would be so cuteeee" stuff. My parents thought every guy I spoke to was my boyfriend

&& the stoner date... yeah, he was probably pissed when you didn't wanna have dinner anymore- I bet he had the munchies and that's the only reason he remembered the date!

6. Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Quote Originally Posted by Dessi. View Post

Ireland. Seriously the most beautiful place I have ever seen. Now if their cost of living weren't so high it'd be perfect!

My sister is my best friend. I guess because we grew up together we know each other inside and out. It is so easy to talk to her and even if we get mad we can talk it out without getting all stupid and emotional about it. I don't even remember the last time we had a serious blowup. She is always there for me and I can tell her anything.

Smoking and cursing are the two biggies! Also people have called me a know it all ... I'm not sure if that's a habit but it's bad.

I try to be rational but I really am emotional a lot of the time. Just because I don't say how I'm feeling doesn't mean I don't have feelings!

Blind date when I first got to Korea with this guy who had been there for three years. He said he was born in Canada, raised in the UK and now was living in Korea so I figured he'd be pretty interesting. But he was SO BORING. We had plans to go to a theme park but it was closed and even though he'd lived in Korea for three years the only thing he could think to do was go to a restaurant and then a bar.

I wanted to leave early but he kept saying the trains would run all night. Halfway home the train stopped running so I had to take a cab the rest of the way home and it cost me $50. Obviously I never called him back, but he sent me messages online for weeks afterward.
  7. Regular Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dessi. View Post
    I think it's awesome your best friend is a guy and there isn't any weird "you two would be so cuteeee" stuff. My parents thought every guy I spoke to was my boyfriend

&& the stoner date... yeah, he was probably pissed when you didn't wanna have dinner anymore- I bet he had the munchies and that's the only reason he remembered the date!

you're right, he probably woke up and was like "Oh my god I want some outback steakhouse! Wait, why do I feel like I'm supposed to be there already?"
  8. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Geographically Arkansas, but Carolina in my mind...
    I'm bored, so I'll play

It was literally paradise... I went on a cruise a few years ago, and we had a stop on the liner's private island. The exDB and I went snorkeling, drank daquiris, and spent about 2 hours walking along the beach holding hands and talking. It was an amazing, peaceful, gorgeous place.

My best friend is Brittany. We met about 10 years ago and clicked instantly. We've had our ups and downs of course, but she would do absolutely anything for me just as I would for her. She's outspoken and outgoing... she makes things interesting and fun. We can do nothing but sit at the dog park, watching our dogs play and talking for hours & hours.

I bite my nails... It's a habit I've been trying to break for about... oh... 25 years.

How obsessed I really am with my favorite tv shows. I even used to write fanfic when I was younger.

Um... A guy I went out with last summer, that I met on eHarmony (my 1st & last online dating experience) absolutely bored me to tears. He literally talked about his job @ USAir for an hour while I scarfed down my food as fast as humanly possible. Then that night he sent me dirty text messages non-stop for about an hour. He finally sent me a picture of his... equipment and that was the last straw. I told him that he disgusted me and if he ever contacted me again I would call the police.
  9. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bee_Love View Post

- When I was a freshman in high school I took a tour of Italy with my grandparents. I'm an Italian girl myself and absolutely loved everything about it. We started in Venice and went all the way down to Capri. I would love love love to go back.

-My best friend is actually my DB. I don't really have many other friends because all my friends from high school are all really immature. DB is my best friend because he knows everything about me and excepts me for who I am. When he is home we are inseparable.

-I can burp like a sailor.(if thats really a habit)

-That all I want in life is to have a nice house with a big yard and live the simple country life. O and to finally get my dream job working with animals.

-I don't really have any bad dating experiences because my DB is literally my one and only. I have only had a little summer fling before DB (who was DBs friend) who left me for "a girl who was just like me with cool parents" who he ended up marrying. The funny thing is he never even met my parents. however, he did me a favor because now I have DB.
    Awwe... wow I would give my right leg to go to Italy. I bet it is absolutely beautiful! & Idk if burping is a bad habit.. cause if so everybody's guilty of that one at least once in awhile.

Quote Originally Posted by Tojai View Post
    Ireland. Seriously the most beautiful place I have ever seen. Now if their cost of living weren't so high it'd be perfect!

My sister is my best friend. I guess because we grew up together we know each other inside and out. It is so easy to talk to her and even if we get mad we can talk it out without getting all stupid and emotional about it. I don't even remember the last time we had a serious blowup. She is always there for me and I can tell her anything.

Smoking and cursing are the two biggies! Also people have called me a know it all ... I'm not sure if that's a habit but it's bad.

I try to be rational but I really am emotional a lot of the time. Just because I don't say how I'm feeling doesn't mean I don't have feelings!

Blind date when I first got to Korea with this guy who had been there for three years. He said he was born in Canada, raised in the UK and now was living in Korea so I figured he'd be pretty interesting. But he was SO BORING. We had plans to go to a theme park but it was closed and even though he'd lived in Korea for three years the only thing he could think to do was go to a restaurant and then a bar.

I wanted to leave early but he kept saying the trains would run all night. Halfway home the train stopped running so I had to take a cab the rest of the way home and it cost me $50. Obviously I never called him back, but he sent me messages online for weeks afterward.
    Wow that date sounds so much worse than the bad one I had Bless your heart for not smacking the piss out of that guy But Ireland is another place I'd love to see... P.S I Love You got me really interested in it. I wanna see if there are more Gerard Butler's walking around over there!

10. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CinderellaHLN View Post

Um... A guy I went out with last summer, that I met on eHarmony (my 1st & last online dating experience) absolutely bored me to tears. He literally talked about his job @ USAir for an hour while I scarfed down my food as fast as humanly possible. Then that night he sent me dirty text messages non-stop for about an hour. He finally sent me a picture of his... equipment and that was the last straw. I told him that he disgusted me and if he ever contacted me again I would call the police.
    Are you kidding me? He bored the hell out of you.. and then after the FIRST date starts texting you nasty things?! So far, he sounds like the biggest douchebag

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast