Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 33

Thread: Whats the nicest thing....

  1. Senior Member
    imisshim's Avatar
    imisshim is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    351
    #1

    Whats the nicest thing....

    Advertisements
    that a stranger has done for you?

    I had two strange men chance my car tire in the middle of the night on a deserted back country road!

    Another time I was pregnant and the health food store was out of my special favorite waffles. I asked the guy if there were anymore in the back and he said he would go check. Well not only did he check in back, he called all the other store locations and was going to go get them for me if they had any. They didnt have any but the fact that he was willing to go to such lengths for some strange pregnant lady with a craving was super sweet!
  2. I'm sorry for the things I said when I was hungry.
    Whitla's Avatar
    Whitla is offline
    I'm sorry for the things I said when I was hungry.
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Jacksonville, FL
    Posts
    25,558
    Blog Entries
    2
    #2
    50 year old men buy me drinks at the bar...




  3. Account Closed
    Katarianna's Avatar
    Katarianna is offline
    Account Closed
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    10,243
    #3
    I have to say, it is the tire changing thing. I was 18 and stranded on the side of the highway BAWLING. DH had appendicitis and I was rushing to the hospital where he was having emergency surgery and my tire blew. Some random guy stopped and started to help me change my tire. Just as he was getting started, the giant truck pulled up behind us. This is seriously the strangest thing that has happened to me ever. It was a tow truck driver. He stopped, used the compressor or whatever to take my tire off in like two seconds, threw the donut on, and had me ready to go in seriously less than 3 minutes. It was amazing. I stammered out a thanks cause I was so surprised, he just said no problem and jumped in his truck and sped away. The other guy and I were just standing there with our mouths hanging open.
  4. Senior Member
    decks89's Avatar
    decks89 is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    25,031

    #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Whitney. View Post
    50 year old men buy me drinks at the bar...
    It doesn't count when it is your boyfriend buying the drinks...
  5. Senior Member
    SweetpeaSub29's Avatar
    SweetpeaSub29 is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Kingsland, GA/Kings Bay Naval Submarine Base, Kings Bay, GA
    Posts
    619
    #5
    One Christmas we were on our way up to Chicago to visit family and we stopped at a Cracker Barrel in Bowling Green, KY to eat dinner. My husband has his dress blues on at the time (he sometimes likes to wear them when he's traveling but he doesn't do it every time.) The table next to us was a family of 4 with 2 small kids and they kept looking over at my husband. The husband did too and said hi to us and talked to Joshua a little bit about the Navy. They got up to leave after they ate and the husband came back to our table and handed Joshua a $20 bill and said he'd like to pay for our dinner. He said it was just his way of saying thank you for my husband's service to our country. Joshua said thank you but he couldn't except it but the guy insisted so we just thanked the man and he shook his hand and we were just floored that a complete stranger paid for our meal. It was the nicest thing and we've never forgotten that time. It hasn't happened sinced then.
    Erin and Joshua December 29, 2001
  6. MissOptimistic
    MissOptimistic's Avatar
    MissOptimistic is offline
    MissOptimistic
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Somewherez.
    Posts
    19,620
    Blog Entries
    2
    #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Whitney. View Post
    50 year old men buy me drinks at the bar...
    Quote Originally Posted by decks89 View Post
    It doesn't count when it is your boyfriend buying the drinks...
    I love you. Both of you. TO THE MOON!

    But I have no stories that I can think of.
  7. I'm sorry for the things I said when I was hungry.
    Whitla's Avatar
    Whitla is offline
    I'm sorry for the things I said when I was hungry.
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Jacksonville, FL
    Posts
    25,558
    Blog Entries
    2
    #7
    Quote Originally Posted by decks89 View Post
    It doesn't count when it is my boyfriend buying the drinks...
    i didn't know you dated younger men.




  8. Regular Member
    00angel00's Avatar
    00angel00 is offline
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    il
    Posts
    80
    #8
    When i was in labor wit my oldest son the hospital was under construction so they had everyone parkin in a parkin lot that was kinda far from the building. well i jus they have shuttle to take u from the parking lot in the day time hours. i was in labor at it was 11pm and im walkin well tryin to walk to the buildin from the parkin lot and a man came from the parkin lot and drove me on his motorcycle all the way to the doors like he drove over and through things he wasnt suppose to just to take me to the doors it was funny but painful lol when i db got there i told him what happen and he couldnt stop laughin That man was my hero
  9. Formerly known as coloradokitkat
    Experiment 626's Avatar
    Experiment 626 is offline
    Formerly known as coloradokitkat
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Planet Earth
    Posts
    13,217
    #9
    When I lived in GA I was flying out to Iowa for our family reunion and to visit. It was just me and DD who was about a year old at the time. Well the main flight was 3-4 hours long, but I drove from Savannah to atlanta which is a 4 hour drive. Our flight left around noon so I had to leave our house around 6am to get to the airport with enough time for security and what not. So by the time we got on the plane and in the air, with DD on my lap, I was dead tired. And since DD had slept in the car the entire way to the airport, she wouldn't sleep at all on the plane. We happened to be sitting next to a really nice, older lady who was telling me all about her, now grown, children. We talked for about an hour and she saw how sleepy I was and how I could barely keep my eyes open. She had been holding DD so I could get a toy or a bottle, I can't remember, out of the diaper bag (underneath the seat in front of me). Then she played with DD for a little bit and said she would keep her entertained if I wanted to take a little nap. So she sat and played with DD in her lap for AN HOUR AND A HALF so I could get some "decent sleep". I felt awful, I only meant to take like a 10 minute power nap. She said that she's been there, done that with the whole flying with a baby thing and she understood how tiring it all could be. Plus, she was happy to play with her since all of her children were over the age of 10 now. It was so nice of her and I will never forget it. As a new mom, that undisturbed hour+ nap was worth more than my weight in gold to me and my and my sanity. And I think she knew that
  10. Senior Member
    imisshim's Avatar
    imisshim is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    351
    #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Experiment 626 View Post
    When I lived in GA I was flying out to Iowa for our family reunion and to visit. It was just me and DD who was about a year old at the time. Well the main flight was 3-4 hours long, but I drove from Savannah to atlanta which is a 4 hour drive. Our flight left around noon so I had to leave our house around 6am to get to the airport with enough time for security and what not. So by the time we got on the plane and in the air, with DD on my lap, I was dead tired. And since DD had slept in the car the entire way to the airport, she wouldn't sleep at all on the plane. We happened to be sitting next to a really nice, older lady who was telling me all about her, now grown, children. We talked for about an hour and she saw how sleepy I was and how I could barely keep my eyes open. She had been holding DD so I could get a toy or a bottle, I can't remember, out of the diaper bag (underneath the seat in front of me). Then she played with DD for a little bit and said she would keep her entertained if I wanted to take a little nap. So she sat and played with DD in her lap for AN HOUR AND A HALF so I could get some "decent sleep". I felt awful, I only meant to take like a 10 minute power nap. She said that she's been there, done that with the whole flying with a baby thing and she understood how tiring it all could be. Plus, she was happy to play with her since all of her children were over the age of 10 now. It was so nice of her and I will never forget it. As a new mom, that undisturbed hour+ nap was worth more than my weight in gold to me and my and my sanity. And I think she knew that

    What a nice lady! I hope I get to sit next to her if I ever fly alone with DD!!
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •