Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: What is your OCD

1. Senior Member

What is your OCD

Advertisements
    Come on everybody! Everyone has an OCD what is yours? Something you have to do or organize.

I organize my dishwasher
  2. Senior Member

Everthing has to be perfect such as:

1. My hair has to be perfectly straight
    2. Papers have to be perfectly lined up and folded perfectly
    3. My writing has to be perfect or I'll erase it a million times and re-do it
    4. I refuse to write on any paper where the sides are folded or there's an imprint on it (from writing or anything else).
    5. I have HUGE OCD with how I look body-wise... I have to workout to obtain what I believe is the "perfect" image.

Okay now that you guys probably think I'm crazy.. I'm done now
  3. life is like a box of chocolates...
    life is like a box of chocolates...
    oh geez. everything?

i have my clothes organized by color in my closet and all my drawers have specific types of clothes in them. food in my pantry has to be stacked just right and everything has a specific area of the shelf it goes on (same with the fridge). my desk has to have everything in it's place. this sounds pretty tame but if someone comes over and puts the chips on the wrong shelf, i literally have to stop what i'm doing and go put in on the right shelf. when i use butter or cream cheese, i can't just dig into the container, i have to take it out with the knife a specific way so that what is left in the container is level. neapolitan ice cream: if the flavors get mixed in the container i have to fix it (although mixed in my bowl is fine). my cds and dvds must be in alphabetical order (by artist name for cds and by movie title for dvds). when i was little whenever i got a new box of crayons or markers or colored pencils i would dump them out of the box and organize them by color before i could use them. (whenever i organize by color it has to follow the light spectrum - ROY G BIV - red orange yellow green blue indigo violet with black after the violet and brown before the red and white at the very end cuz white represents the presence of the entire spectrum). the lid on the toilet always needs to be down (not just the seat, but the lid too). if toothpaste is not squeezed from the bottom i have to fix it before i use it. the toilet paper roll cannot be put on "backward" or i will change the direction before using it. i could go on and on. i swear i really have a mild case of ODC. i feel bad for DB when he comes to stay with me
    if you can find a path with no obstacles, then it probably doesn't lead anywhere....

i love me some RED HOT!!

vice president of ILLCARDC
  4. Senior Member
    I just talked to DB about this last night..... Lets see....I do math in my head. I don't count on the calculator unless it's too large of a number..I think this is more of a habit/hobby but I pretty much calculate everything in my head before I even look for a calculator.

I often count my steps.. Used to a lot more...Less now.

I have to have equal things done to opposites on my body. ie: If someone massages my right arm, they have to do the left too even if it doesn't hurt. I just feel uneven. This is the same for every body part.

I suppose that's all. Not really OCD, just nit picky things...except for counting steps.

You're welcome.
  5. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

MY main thing.... My towels have to be folded a certain way and put in the pantry the right way.
  6. Senior Member
    Colored Candies (skittles, M&Ms, etc.), I have to eat in order of the rainbow. I fold my car mirrors in when I park. I often count my steps. I double check door locks. Before I leave the house I always check to make sure the stove and oven are off.
  7. Senior Member

most of the time when im going to sit down on a couch or something i notice that i do a full turn.

when i flat iron my hair i make sure every single inch of hair is straight. i can't stand having wavy roots. ive burnt my scalp badly so many times because of this.

radio volume or tv volume has to be on an even number or a multiple of 5.

there are more, but i can't think of them. but i notice them when i do them.

Wifey to Moonbeam0328 and SoldiersKitten

8. Senior Member
    Not touching public restroom doors with out a papertowel, usuing hand sanitizer like its going out of style, things like that!
  9. Senior Member
    I also look for patterns in numbers. For instance at 2:58 i used 8 as a constant and noticed 2*5=10 and 10-2=8
  10. Switzerland
    Switzerland
    Mine is more work obsessed
    1) pop bottles all have to be facing the same way in the cooler, as perfect as can be. But I don't care about the extras stacked in back.
    2) Every flyer as to be folded the same way and facing the same way. We fold them in quarters and keep them in a container to put with the boxes
    3) my work utensils have to lined up with the handles all even at the end and from smallest to largest.
    4) I wipe down the counters every down moment I get. I hate when there is one little thing on them
    5) Boxes all have to have the same number so they are level, if possible and I go crazy when its not possible. Drives me bonkers.
    6) The dough rinks either have to be sitting in the dough stacks or they are being used or are cleaned an put away.
    7) Dishes have to be in the sink or in the designated dirty dishes spot right next to the sink I don't like dirty containers around the store.
    8) I must have a damp towel within arms reach at whatever station I am running.
    7) I check the door when I lock up 4 times to make sure its locked

At home
    1) Shoes have to be off at the door and placed by the wall where the door opens so at my apt they go to the right because the door swings to the left and my moms they go to the left at the front door because it swings open to the right.
    2) I the door handle has to be shaken 4 time from the inside or outside when I lock it.
    3) Dishes must be in the sink or the dishwasher, never on the counter dirty. This is hard because of my roommate I get really jittery when I know there are dirty dishes on the counter and she hasn't cleaned
    4) Everything in the fridge must be in a bag or container I don't like things that can make a mess... my roommate likes to open a beer or what not and not finish it but put it in the fridge without a lid. Drives me crazy.
    5) Counters need to be wiped down. I really hate messy counters in my kitchen especially.

I think that's all of them. And yes I am a bit crazy.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast