Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Tanning Virgin

1. Senior Member

Tanning Virgin

Advertisements
    So I went to the tanning salon for the first time ever yesterday, and today I most definitely have a sunburn! Ouch...is this normal for the first time around or should I ask to go for less time in my next session?

PS: I know tanning is really bad for your skin, but my fish belly white skin is even worse, lol! *ducks tomatoes and rotten veggies*
  2. Senior Member
    How long did you stay in the bed for?

Im naturally tan but even when I use the beds (I usually do 10 min) I get a little burned the next day.
    In MY experience its normal. My ex boyfriend used to tan a lot and hes the opposite of tan so when he had stopped tanning and then started tanning again he got RED RED RED!!!
  3. Pilot's Princess
    Pilot's Princess
    Ahhhh whiteness yes! But in all seriousness Burning isn't normal in the tanning salons, they should have started you off with less time on your first time. Did you go in a regular bed? That sucks because now you have to wait till your burn is gone to go back! I'm so white, but I am SmartTan certified !
  4. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Missy_ View Post
    How long did you stay in the bed for?

Im naturally tan but even when I use the beds (I usually do 10 min) I get a little burned the next day.
    In MY experience its normal. My ex boyfriend used to tan a lot and hes the opposite of tan so when he had stopped tanning and then started tanning again he got RED RED RED!!!
    I was in the bed for 10 mins....
    Im the same way Missy, naturally tan, but for me I was looking a little pale lol...hence the tanning bed! Thanks for the info
  5. Pilot's Princess
    Pilot's Princess
    P.S. Loveletterisintheworks
  6. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by KansasAFGF View Post
    Ahhhh whiteness yes! But in all seriousness Burning isn't normal in the tanning salons, they should have started you off with less time on your first time. Did you go in a regular bed? That sucks because now you have to wait till your burn is gone to go back! I'm so white, but I am SmartTan certified !
    Hee, okay Im about to make myself look like an idiot, but what is SmartTan? Lol...yea I was in a stand up bed for 10 mins. It was hoooooootttttttttt
  7. Senior Member
    P.S. Loveletterisintheworks
    SAWEEEEEEEEEEEEET!!! Score for me!
  8. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Farielle View Post
    I was in the bed for 10 mins....
    Im the same way Missy, naturally tan, but for me I was looking a little pale lol...hence the tanning bed! Thanks for the info
    Same here When I get a little pale, I hope on the bed for 10 min or so. I hate getting burned though bc I dont stop itching....... Keep yourself moisturized.
  9. Eternal Member
    Eternal Member
    I agree.They should have started you out for a shorter amount of time,but burning is normal, but just a little burning. I'm porcelain white and I don't care. I want to look young when I'm old....
  10. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Missy_ View Post
    Same here When I get a little pale, I hope on the bed for 10 min or so. I hate getting burned though bc I dont stop itching....... Keep yourself moisturized.
    Oh gawd yess the itching is making me crazy! This must be what scabies feels like LOL!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast