Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Questions to married couples from the new girl

Banned

Questions to married couples from the new girl

Advertisements
    how long after you met did you realize you were going to marry your military guy? Was it a gut feeling and did you have this feeling with any other men ohter than him previously? how long after you met did you get a proposal? How long after you met did your first deployment arrive? How was the deployment and how did you get thru it? Are there ever times while still in the country that your military guy becomes so busy, he lacks in calling you regularly? Whats the longest you have gone without speaking?
  2. Moderator

Well, my husband wasn't a military guy when we met, but I knew I was going to marry him within about 6 months. Gut feeling? No, not really, it was a logical feeling. I had a gut feeling with my ex-husband, and obviously that didn't work out. My husband has never been deployed and is not likely to be anytime soon. We live together, so he doesn't call me. When we were dating, we would sometimes go a week and a half to two weeks without calling/seeing each other. We have never been long-distance except when he was at Basic Training and the first month of tech school. During Basic I think we went 4 weeks without contact of any kind but I don't remember for sure.

I think that answered all the questions you asked.

ETA: I forgot to mention he didn't propose. I don't believe in "engagement." For me of course, everyone else can do as they please.
  3. Lime breakfast foot
    Lime breakfast foot

Well, my hubby wasn't military when we met. I knew I was going to marry him maybe 8 or 9 months in. It was kind of a gut feeling, I guess. We had just moved in together and I felt like I wouldn't ever want to spend my life any other way. I had never felt that way before. I never really got an official proposal. We'd been dating 10 month-ish when he started thinking about joining the army, and we made a mutual decision to get married. As far as the deployment part - we haven't gotten there yet. Hubby is still in BCT. He calls me every time he gets the opportunity though, and I get several letters a week. The longest we went without talking on the phone was first 3 weeks when he didn't get the opportunity to call, but I still received letters for most of that.

4. Hope. It is the only thing stronger than fear.
    Hope. It is the only thing stronger than fear.

Quote Originally Posted by starangel031785 View Post
    how long after you met did you realize you were going to marry your military guy? Was it a gut feeling and did you have this feeling with any other men ohter than him previously? how long after you met did you get a proposal? How long after you met did your first deployment arrive? How was the deployment and how did you get thru it? Are there ever times while still in the country that your military guy becomes so busy, he lacks in calling you regularly? Whats the longest you have gone without speaking?
    Ummm, i guess a month or so. I just had a gut feeling. I never really dated any other guys We were together for 10months. Uhh well, we were married for 2 1/2 years before he deployed. The deployment was tough, our son was 9mons old when he left and 14mons old when he got back. I went home and it just made things harder bc i had disagreements constantly with my stepdad. Yes there are times when he is TDY and is busy and cant call but usually i hear from him at night. Since he is TDY, he has his cell with him and can usually check in when he gets a min. I guess the longest we've gone without speaking was a few days when he was traveling to Kuwait. After that we emailed all the time and he called when he could and would get on Yahoo messenger and call me from the pc.
  5. Looking for the sunshine...
    Looking for the sunshine...

how long after you met did you realize you were going to marry your military guy? We met in October, engaged in December, married the following Sept.
    Was it a gut feeling and did you have this feeling with any other men ohter than him previously? Actually his proposal surprised me.
    how long after you met did you get a proposal? two months
    How long after you met did your first deployment arrive He made a WESTPAC 2 months after our engagementHow was the deployment and how did you get thru it? I was active duty myself. I just stayed busy.
    Are there ever times while still in the country that your military guy becomes so busy, he lacks in calling you regularly? My dh never played the "whoa is me, I'm deployed so I'll treat you like crap and use that as an excuse. Probably the reason why I married him.
    Whats the longest you have gone without speaking?When we started our love affair we only had snail mail. I could go 6 to 8 weeks between letter. He sat in the Persian Gulf for 128 days straight, so no phone calls there.
  6. Senior Member

I knew the minute I saw him that I was going to marry him. But we had to wait. It was a gut feeling.
    We had a LDR because he was stationed overseas. We were apart for a few years. We had phone calls and long long letters. Even when he was deployed I would write to him every day even if he couldn't. He proposed to me about a year ago.
    If he's gone doing some training, I don't hear from him.
    We've gone about a month without talking.
    http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n24/Tacchino/officerMoose.png

I love my lil sister Nora!
  7. Banned
    Banned
    We "met" back in 05 but we didnt start dating until 07...I knew he was special from the first letter he wrote me (we started out as penpals lol didnt meet until about a month after we became an "official" couple) we instantly became very close I told him everything and he was my best friend but I didnt know I was gonna marry him until we were togehter for a while but it wasnt very long and no Ive never felt like that for anyone else. He asked me to marry him in may 08 a month before our one year ann. He was deployed when we were friends but this is his first deployment since we became a couple. I am still going through the deployment its hard but we can do it. When he was here we lived together but before that i was in il and he was in va he had his days/nights when he was doing other things but for the most part it was ok. wow the longest since we've been together? hmm I guess the week after he left for deployment when he was settling in besides that ive talked to him everyday since we got together (maybe skipped a day here and there)
  8. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Quite a load of questons!

how long after you met did you realize you were going to marry your military guy? eh, hard to answer, was an interesting situation at the time

Was it a gut feeling and did you have this feeling with any other men ohter than him previously? Not really a gut feeling, and yes I had felt that seriously about 1 person before DH

how long after you met did you get a proposal? 9 months

How long after you met did your first deployment arrive? 1.3 years

How was the deployment and how did you get thru it? It was hard like I assume all deployments are, support systems, school, family, and friends are what got me through it.

Are there ever times while still in the country that your military guy becomes so busy, he lacks in calling you regularly? Not so much since we live together, but there are times when things get super busy and we may not acutally get a chance to sit down and talk for a few days and barely see each other.

Whats the longest you have gone without speaking? 3ish months...
  9. Banned
    Banned
    how long after you met did you realize you were going to marry your military guy? almost 3 yrs- but I knew I would be with him for the rest of my life the day after we met

Was it a gut feeling and did you have this feeling with any other men ohter than him previously? no, even tho I had been married 2 x before
    how long after you met did you get a proposal? never, it was a mutual agreement, he never asked
    How long after you met did your first deployment arrive? about 2 weeks and he was gone for 6 weeks How was the deployment and how did you get thru it? it really was no big deal, I am very independant and had 2 kids and 3 jobs
    Are there ever times while still in the country that your military guy becomes so busy, he lacks in calling you regularly? no, he calls every day no matter what and has done so since the day after we met Whats the longest you have gone without speaking? a couple of days while he was in between ports
    we have also been together 13 yrs and married 10, even now with him gone we talk every day at least once a day but usually 2-3 times a day.
  10. Senior Member
    how long after you met did you realize you were going to marry your military guy? Well we met in high school. So way before he joined lol. He didnt join until after we got married and I got knocked up

Was it a gut feeling and did you have this feeling with any other men ohter than him previously? Well being that young lol I dunno. The way I feel about him now is totally different than it was back then...I loved him then but it's definitely deeper now. And no he's the only one I felt that way about lol

how long after you met did you get a proposal? We were together for 2 years when he proposed, mind you I was only 17 and he was 19 at the time lol

How long after you met did your first deployment arrive? We were married for 3 years the first time he went to Korea

How was the deployment and how did you get thru it? It was hard at first. But I learned to adjust just like everyone else. I cried a lot at first lol

Are there ever times while still in the country that your military guy becomes so busy, he lacks in calling you regularly? I dont think this applies to me lol sense we've always been together when he's been in the military. Now he has gone to school and stuff in the states and he'd call when he could I never worried too much if he didnt call...I knew he would if he got the chance

Whats the longest you have gone without speaking? A few weeks. During field exercises, or basic training.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast