Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Is it normal for him not to call for this long? new at this

Banned

Is it normal for him not to call for this long? new at this

Advertisements
    ok i have been dating him for 2 months, and we just became official 2 weeks ago, as far as saying we excusively want to be with one another. I have spoken to him in nearly a week. last time we talked i was at work and he text me apologizing for not calling but he was extremely busy at work and hardly even had to time to sit down and eat. The day before that he dosed off in mid conversation. And that friday we spent all of 2 hours together before his boss called him in to work, we had originallly both thought he was off and we would have the day to ourselves. I text him each day this week, but i got no responses. Which is weird because he always replies back to me. I know he isn't married because i have seen all his personal information , he doesn't really hide things. And he is the one that wanted this whole relationship thing with commitment attached. he preaches monogamy so i am not really worried about him cheating. Also for some weird reason i have a gut feeling he is as he says i truley genuine nice guy. Usually i have suspicions about a guy i am dating, but with him i feel like i can completely trust him. Anyways i am wondering is it normal for him to not call me for so long??? i am worried.
  2. Do or do not... There is no try.~ Yoda, Jedi Master
    Do or do not... There is no try.~ Yoda, Jedi Master
    "Well, if there's a bright center to the universe, you're on the planet that it's farthest from."

Is he stateside or deployed?
    I'm not Lynn, but we ARE MSOS Best Friends and MSOS Twins.
  3. Senior Member
    from what you've written it sounds like you live near each other, right?

it just sounds like he is really really busy. is he gearing up for a deployment, or something?

its normal for them to be told they are off, but then get called in. it may also be normal for him to be too tired and busy to talk.

its a new relationship, so give it time. and keep texting him, if thats what you feel like doing. maybe try giving him a call when his work *should* be over?

R.I.P. My Love, Everyone was supposed to come home together, I'm sorry you had to come home early
  4. Senior Member
    oh and to add one more thing. maybe his cell phone is broken or something?

one time i didn't talk to DF for a whole day, before he deployed. it was super weird and i got all worried. turns out the dummy didn't pay his cell phone bill.
    R.I.P. My Love, Everyone was supposed to come home together, I'm sorry you had to come home early
    Banned
    oh NOOOOOO, thats what i was afraid of.........i was hoping i could at least get a year with him before deployment to strengthen our relationship prior. So far its fantastic. He tells me this is the best relationships so far he has been in, i don't know whats going to happen to us if he leaves this soon.

Quote Originally Posted by azarmygf View Post
    from what you've written it sounds like you live near each other, right?

it just sounds like he is really really busy. is he gearing up for a deployment, or something?

its normal for them to be told they are off, but then get called in. it may also be normal for him to be too tired and busy to talk.

its a new relationship, so give it time. and keep texting him, if thats what you feel like doing. maybe try giving him a call when his work *should* be over?

6. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by starangel031785 View Post
    oh NOOOOOO, thats what i was afraid of.........i was hoping i could at least get a year with him before deployment to strengthen our relationship prior. So far its fantastic. He tells me this is the best relationships so far he has been in, i don't know whats going to happen to us if he leaves this soon.
    not saying he is going to deploy. just wondering, because that might be the cause of him being so busy. he also may have been sent into the field, along with a combo of things that he wasn't able to let you know.

sorry if i scared you. you'll hear from him soon.