Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Movie going manners

1. Account Closed
    Account Closed

Movie going manners

Advertisements
    A post in the New Moon made me wonder. If people are being rude in a movie what do you do? Does the movie, or time of day effect your behavior? Perhaps the level of rudeness?

examples:

1~ Early morning show on Sunday, small child talking, do you do anything? Say the movie is G or PG, possibly PG 13. Would you say anything, do anything?

Personally, that time of day, and a small child, I expect it,that is when we go to the show if we have to take DS.

2~ Some grown man, texting through the whole show, which means hisphone keeps lighting up. Do you do or say something?

BTDT, I ignored it (as in didn't say anything), but it did bug the crap outta me.

3~ Rated R movie, Friday night at 11:00ish pm. Group of teenage girls won't shut up, in and out, giggling, phones etc. Do you say something?

BTDT too. I ssshhhed them,like a lame old lady. I was annoyed because most of them weren't even old enough to be in the movie without a parent. They were like 14. After sh-ing they still didn't stop so I bent over and asked them to quit down, which they still didn't, so I was superimmature and kicked the back of oneof their chairs and gave them my MEAN look,which i hear is really mean. They left, and I got to watch in peace
  2. forever and ever baby.
    forever and ever baby.
    ahah I love this post, for some reason when DH and I go to the movies we are always stuck by the worst people. Some times Ill turn around and or look over at them. Usually that works. But if it really is driving me crazy I just move cause I know they dont care and its going to effect MY movie experience.
  3. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Blog Entries
    Look, I paid upwards of $10 to see a movie. If they are grown ass adults I say something. I used to just sit there and take it but no longer! I stand up for myself! I am really polite and just normally say, "Sir/Ma'am, I am having a hard time concentrating, can you please try to be a bit quieter? I really appreciate it." Normally they give me a look or say yeah and then talk about me, but honestly, I could care less. I did it politely and they are in a fucking MOVIE.

If they are kids, I normally say the same thing, minus the sir/ma'am.

Now db, he is pretty mean when he says something. We just had a fight about this recently. He said to a guy, "HEY, can you keep your side comments to yourself!?!" I was so embarassed!

I HATE FUCKING TALKERS!

ETA- None of this counts for kids movies. I mean, come on. But if we are in a horror movie and you and your friends are joking in the back, I can't be fully scared!!!
  4. I Can See Clearly Now....The S**T Is Gone
    I Can See Clearly Now....The S**T Is Gone
    OK so we only take our kids to a drive in if we're seeing a "new" movie.....I have ran into a very rude dude when we went to the primere of one of the HP movies and one of the seats had something that was spilled all over it so DH went to a manager who then canceled out the seat bc it wasn't fit for anyone to sit in....As the theatre started to fill up many people saw and avoided it....then a group came up and sat next to it and then their drunk friend came in and sat in it bc he couldn't sit next to his friends...He asked us to move our seats so he could sit next to his friends and we told him no bc we were there in plenty of time to get the seats we wanted and it was his loss that he had not planned ahead...I was a complete bitch....After the movie we went to the manager and told them of our experience and they said they would do a better job of blocking it off and gave us vouchers for our next movie for the rude behavoir of the guy
  5. lord help us all!
    lord help us all!
    was it my post that made you post this???

i suck in movies overall. i will go to a kid movie and get mad that kids are noisy. like i don't expect it. so i refrain from going when i know there will be a bunch of kids or teens. but i am trying to work on my patience in movies
  6. Will Knit for Tattoos
    Will Knit for Tattoos
    1....I'd expect it. Heck I'd expect it at any kid's movie. We went to see Monsters and Aliens when it opened here and there was about 20 kids (mine included) that were just laughing and talking all excited the entire time. It made the movie that much more fun.

2....hmmm...not sure. I'd probably move as long as I could find a good seat.

3....I'd say something. In my mean mom voice too.
    MSOS BOYCOTT! Monday, January 4th. DO NOT LOG ON!
  7. Senior Member
    I usually go to weekday matinées for this reason. I'd get off work early, and the theater was right behind me.

I tend not to say much, usually because others will.
    Although Halloween last year I went to a midnight showing of Psycho, and during the shower scene this couple was making out in front of me..practically in each other's laps

so I asked them if they could at least go to the aisle where they would have more room and wouldn't be elbowing the person next to them while they grope each other.

8. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Saigon View Post
    I usually go to weekday matinées for this reason. I'd get off work early, and the theater was right behind me.

I tend not to say much, usually because others will.
    Although Halloween last year I went to a midnight showing of Psycho, and during the shower scene this couple was making out in front of me..practically in each other's laps

so I asked them if they could at least go to the aisle where they would have more room and wouldn't be elbowing the person next to them while they grope each other.
    I have started to go to $4 before noon shows on the weekend. Nothing better than a movie theater to yourself!
  9. Will Knit for Tattoos
    Will Knit for Tattoos
    My mom and I go to matinees all the time when I visit. What is really weird is when it's just us and one other person in the theater...and that person sits like RIGHT next to us. There is like a billion seats to choose from....what the hell!??!
    MSOS BOYCOTT! Monday, January 4th. DO NOT LOG ON!
  10. i didn't realize that the USSR was back.
    i didn't realize that the USSR was back.
    When I took the girls to see HSM3 there was this huge group of girls being obnoxious. I get it, they were excited, but they were being loud and texting and trying to shove 10 girls into 9 seats so they could all sit together.
    So finally I yelled I didn't pay 10 bucks to hear you guys talk through the whole movie. it was pretty pleasant after that. If they had continued I would have gotten an usher, because honestly it was annoying.

If its a children's movie I don't expect silence or anything like that. Any adult movie after 9pm i do get irritated to see babies and small toddlers there. I actually go to a movie theater that doesn't allow children under 6 into adult movies after 6 pm. best policy ever.

I will miss you SOS...
    Please be wary of what you post remember OPSEC is not just another acronym.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast