Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Darnit yall!!!!!

1. Formerly hishoneybee
    Formerly hishoneybee
    Blog Entries

Darnit yall!!!!!

Advertisements
    Everytime I tell someone about DB and his ideas of proposing VERY soon (Aka December), at first everyone was

Oh that's awfully soon! Oh wow! Hmm. Interesting!

And now when I've decided that I do not want him proposing during block leave (for a multitude of reasons ), all of a sudden everyone and their MOTHER is saying:

Say yes! I hope he asks you! How exciting! I want him to ask you!

Even my best friend, mother, and skeptical friend (my lesbian friend who has NO faith or belief in men at all ) are saying that they hope he proposes and we get engaged in December!

How come when I WANT to be engaged, I don't have a man to do it or everyone's against it?
    And then when I DON'T want him to propose then, EVERYONE is on the bandwagon and getting me excited for it??!!!

Yall better pick a side and stay there!!!!

(For yall that DON'T know: DB has been hinting like a mad man that he may propose in December, is looking at rings, joking about me having a new ring VERY VERY soon: "I can't tell you when I'll propose, but it's very very soon! Sooner than you think!" . When I outright ask him about it, he refuses to tell me anything and says that I'll just ruin it
    -I don't want him proposing in Dec during block leave because I feel like it's too soon and I'd rather wait till he's here in May for good (or anytime after)
    But who knows what he's cookin! )

Siggy by =Mrs.AiNokeA=
    SOS Awards 2009: Most Likely To Be Engaged Next & Ruler of The Bored Room
    Banned
    how come you changed your mind??
  3. Formerly hishoneybee
    Formerly hishoneybee
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by I ♥ my COPē View Post
    how come you changed your mind??
    Changed my mind about what? Clarify a bit. My mind's a bit crazy tonight

Siggy by =Mrs.AiNokeA=
    Banned
    haha how come you dont want him to pop the question?

P.S. i like you.
  5. Senior Member
    Ignore what others say. Follow your heart and worry about yourself and your boyfriend. Other people really shouldn't matter. Not to mention a lot of the time when people realize that you really are getting married they tend to be nice to you to a.) get a spot in your wedding and b.) be invited. Don't what why it happens that way, but it does. Good luck with what ever you decide.
  6. I see the light at the end of the tunnel...
    I see the light at the end of the tunnel...
    I say don't let anyone change your decision! You know what's best for you.
  7. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    I think that ultimately you just have to make your own decision and not worry about your friends hon. If you are not ready to be engaged, tell him that. Make sure you let him know you are still committed but that you would like to wait a bit. If it's not the engagement that's bothering you but that you're worried he'll want to marry soon (take your time and make sure you're FULLY ready) then tell him that.

Basically just be up front about your feelings.
  8. Formerly hishoneybee
    Formerly hishoneybee
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by I ♥ my COPē View Post
    haha how come you dont want him to pop the question?

P.S. i like you.
    Well, at first when he was talking about, like all little girls, I was all "OMG!! YES YES YES!!!!!!"

And then I did some major thinking and thought "Wait a minute! I'd LOVE for him to propose, but there's no sense in pushing it. I don't want to get married for another 2-3 years, so an engagement can wait." There's so much hype in proposals and it's like every little girl's Holy Grail.

For me, I'm making a mature decision that although I WANT to be engaged, it can wait. He knows that I want to marry him and vice versa, we know we're stuck together That's what an engagement means.

As much as I want to be engaged and married, I know it's for the best to wait. I'm still in college and we want to live in the same city first , then he can propose, then we'll live together for a year, then we can get married after that. (Year minimum for living together).

I'm not on edge asking myself "When the hell is he going to propose, damnit??!! He needs to hurry up!!!"

I'd love for him to propose whenever he wants (sometime in the next 4 years), but I'm not on my quest for my Holy Grail of proposals anymore.

I have the map, I know exactly where it is, how to get there, what stone NOT to step on, and everything I'm just not ready to start that journey, so there's no point in jumpin on the back of Indiana Jones' horse and riding off for it.

When Indy DOES show up though I WILL be jumpin on that horse yellin "Hi Ho SILVER!" But I won't be sitting around waiting for him

Like my little euphemism?

(And I like you too You may or may not have been the final straw for this thread )

Siggy by =Mrs.AiNokeA=
  9. lucky im in love with my best friend
    lucky im in love with my best friend
    Do you want to marry him and spend the rest of your life with him? If your answer is yes, forget worrying about what your friends/ family think and say and dont stress yourself out wondering when its going to happen. Just enjoy it. If you want to marry him then it doesnt really matter WHEN he proposes or HOW he proposes... all that matters is that you have the man you are going to grow old with and he wants to grow old with you too

ps. can you tell I'm in a lovey dovey mushy mood at the moment. I miss dh!
  10. Formerly hishoneybee
    Formerly hishoneybee
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Amber View Post
    I think that ultimately you just have to make your own decision and not worry about your friends hon. If you are not ready to be engaged, tell him that. Make sure you let him know you are still committed but that you would like to wait a bit. If it's not the engagement that's bothering you but that you're worried he'll want to marry soon (take your time and make sure you're FULLY ready) then tell him that.

Basically just be up front about your feelings.
    See above post

We talked today about it (and what happened during his call this weekend). He totally gets where I'm coming from and just wants to make me happy. He wants me make my happy (and himself) by proposing as soon as we're both ready for it.

If we have all the time in the world it can wait. I love him to death, I want to be engaged and married, but there's no harm in waiting.

I'm a strange one

Siggy by =Mrs.AiNokeA=
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast