Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Quirks your pets have!!

1. Regular Member

Giggle Quirks your pets have!!

Advertisements
    What are some quirks your pets have??
    I love quirky pets!!

Here's mine:
    I used to have a small stuffed cookie monster that my cat picked up in his mouth and he would take everywhere. He even played "fetch" with it and would bring it to us and lay down in front of us for us to throw. It was very funny!

We also had another cat that stole socks and hide them under the bed. It was funny, but annoying!

And currently our little cat has found that it's entertaining to steal rolls of toilet paper and unravel them around the house and down the stairs. It was amusing at first, but now I have to keep the bathroom doors closed!
  2. glad to be back.
    glad to be back.
    one of my dogs HATES getting her paws wet. she will not go on the grass if its wet and will not pee (over all shes a strange dog and a total drama queen)
    my puppy has a big basket of toys and he cant stand for them to be in the basket. he takes them out one by one and then leaves them on the floor.. he doesnt want to play with them, he just doesnt want them in his basket.
  3. Senior Member
    Aw, so cute!

My cat does the same exact thing with playing fetch! He has one toy that he seriously is in love with and he'll only play fetch with that one. He also likes to sniff at me when he's frustrated. My favorite is when I walk around a corner and he runs up and hugs my leg to get me to play!

The dog doesn't have as many quirks though she does get grouchy and grumbles at me when I move in the middle of the night. God forbid I disrupt her sleep, lol
  4. Dreams come true... I am living mine
    Dreams come true... I am living mine
    I have 2 lab mixes 1 pure breed lab... none of them like getting wet.

The all like to lay with their heads hanging down off the sides of stuff (edge of the bed, couch whatever)
    DREAMS CAN COME TRUE
  5. Regular Member
    Awww that's so cute! My fatter cat "wheezes". We have taken him to the vet and they say they don't think it's anything. Sometimes it's very loud. My cats also "cackle" and "click" at bugs that they can't reach on the ceiling. It's like no sound I have ever heard from a cat before!
  6. Regular Member
    Quote Originally Posted by daiseymay View Post
    Awww that's so cute! My fatter cat "wheezes". We have taken him to the vet and they say they don't think it's anything. Sometimes it's very loud. My cats also "cackle" and "click" at bugs that they can't reach on the ceiling. It's like no sound I have ever heard from a cat before!
    My cat does that noise too! She also does it when she sees birds out on the patio. She snores too. And I just noticed this the other day...she always sleeps in a weird position. Usually on her back. Come to think about it, I don't think I've ever seen her sleep like a "normal" cat.

The dog has some sad quirks. She's terrified of cameras or anything that makes that "clicky" sound. She'll sit in any tight spot she can find and just tremble and won't even look at you. It makes me want to cry. She isn't thrilled with men. She's coming around though. She no longer pees in fear of DH or when new people come in the house. One funny thing she does is when she wants to play and you're not paying attention she'll get in that "playful dog" position and bark. It's funny b/c she doesn't bark any other time. ever. and it's always just one bark.

My birds? They are completely quirky and it would take an entire thread to describe all of them.
  7. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by okasional.kajun View Post
    one of my dogs HATES getting her paws wet. she will not go on the grass if its wet and will not pee (over all shes a strange dog and a total drama queen)
    my puppy has a big basket of toys and he cant stand for them to be in the basket. he takes them out one by one and then leaves them on the floor.. he doesnt want to play with them, he just doesnt want them in his basket.
    My dog doesn't like her feet wet either and does this "handstand" walk . She also licks her chops so loud that DB can hear her sometimes over the phone. Guess what her nickname is...chops!
  8. glad to be back.
    glad to be back.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kris View Post
    I have 2 lab mixes 1 pure breed lab... none of them like getting wet.

The all like to lay with their heads hanging down off the sides of stuff (edge of the bed, couch whatever)
    labs that dont like to get wet??? lol
  9. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    i had a cat that used to play fetch with really small balls.

Now, my bella puppy she is just all around quirky. She will pee in the rain and run back in and then poop inside... we try to get her back outside after she peed but she just puts the brakes on.

we just got her new toys and she sniffed them and then took them into her kennel. now she has been cuddling with us and both of her new toys.

The best one is, if you run in the house she hates it! will will wine and cry and chase after you and attack you after you stop.
  10. Regular Member
    Awww! My cats will growl if they think someone is coming inside that they don't know. They are my little guard cats. They especially hate when someone rings the doorbell. I've actually learned the trick that if I ring the doorbell before I come in the house with groceries, they will hide and stay away from under my feet.

Also, if I'm crying or yelling, especially in the phone, my little cat will put her front paws on my legs and meow very loudly until I stop. She doesn't meow very often, so it's very unusual!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast