Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I need a Quote!!

1. I am a Pielott.. Pylot... Pilote... I FLY PLANES
    I am a Pielott.. Pylot... Pilote... I FLY PLANES
    Blog Entries

Help I need a Quote!!

Advertisements
    Ok so I need some kind of quote for my FB.. kind of a jab at my ex for being so close minded and not respecting anyone (unless of course they're a fellow marine.. long story.. anyways). So I want something about Respect and maybe how you really aren't as high up on your horse as you think. Is anyone good at quotes or have some really good ones sitting around?

This probably doesn't make as much sense as I want it to, so I apologize in advance!
  2. Señor Member
    Señor Member
    Why not completely ignoring the fact that he exists? By you making little jabs here and there about him, it's just going to show him that you still think about him; positive or not. Ultimately, if he's trying to one up you, your just letting him.

be cool.
  3. Senior Member
    Never make someone a priority when all you are to them is an option~ unknown
  4. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    All you think about is fruit and touching youself!!

I guess its from a movie, IDK. Friend of mine has it on his FB.
  5. I am a Pielott.. Pylot... Pilote... I FLY PLANES
    Blog Entries
    First of

Quote Originally Posted by Ash Mark's. View Post
    Why not completely ignoring the fact that he exists? By you making little jabs here and there about him, it's just going to show him that you still think about him; positive or not. Ultimately, if he's trying to one up you, your just letting him.
    It's really hard to explain. I have moved on.. I am at a really good part of my life, but every once in awhile that just bugs me that he thinks he's such hot shit and he really hasn't accomplished much and he looks down on everyone else.. including me after we had been friends for 6 years. I doubt he would even read it.. I'm just trying to find a good real quote from someone about respecting everyone... type of thing.
  6. Loyal to those, Loyal to me
    Loyal to those, Loyal to me
    John Wooden
    Respect a man, and he will do all the more.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ayn Rand
    If one doesn't respect oneself one can have neither love nor respect for others.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Alfred Nobel
    It is not sufficient to be worthy of respect in order to be respected.

Cary Grant
    Probably no greater honor can come to any man than the respect of his colleagues.

U. Thant
    Every human being, of whatever origin, of whatever station, deserves respect. We must each respect others even as we respect ourselves.

Thomas Jefferson
    We confide in our strength, without boasting of it; we respect that of others, without fearing it.

Sir John Herschel
    Self-respect is the cornerstone of all virtue.

Ralph Waldo Emerson
    Men are respectable only as they respect.

Mahatma Gandhi
    They cannot take away our self-respect if we do not give it to them.

Laurence Sterne
    Respect for ourselves guides our morals; respect for others guides our manners.
  7. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by AFwifey86 View Post

U. Thant
    Every human being, of whatever origin, of whatever station, deserves respect. We must each respect others even as we respect ourselves.
    I like this one.
  8. Happy wife...happy life!
    Happy wife...happy life!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jumpin Jollyfish View Post
    Ok so I need some kind of quote for my FB.. kind of a jab at my ex for being so close minded and not respecting anyone (unless of course they're a fellow marine.. long story.. anyways). So I want something about Respect and maybe how you really aren't as high up on your horse as you think. Is anyone good at quotes or have some really good ones sitting around?

This probably doesn't make as much sense as I want it to, so I apologize in advance!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jumpin Jollyfish View Post
    First of

It's really hard to explain. I have moved on.. I am at a really good part of my life, but every once in awhile that just bugs me that he thinks he's such hot shit and he really hasn't accomplished much and he looks down on everyone else.. including me after we had been friends for 6 years. I doubt he would even read it.. I'm just trying to find a good real quote from someone about respecting everyone... type of thing.
    If your ex is THAT much of a jerk, why do you even keep him on your Facebook friend's list?!?
  9. Formerly known as coloradokitkat
    Formerly known as coloradokitkat
    Respect for ourselves guides our morals; respect for others guides our manners. - Laurence Sterne
  10. I am a Pielott.. Pylot... Pilote... I FLY PLANES
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by AFwifey86 View Post
    John Wooden
    Respect a man, and he will do all the more.

Ayn Rand
    If one doesn't respect oneself one can have neither love nor respect for others.

Alfred Nobel
    It is not sufficient to be worthy of respect in order to be respected.

Cary Grant
    Probably no greater honor can come to any man than the respect of his colleagues.

U. Thant

Thomas Jefferson
    We confide in our strength, without boasting of it; we respect that of others, without fearing it.

Sir John Herschel
    Self-respect is the cornerstone of all virtue.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Mahatma Gandhi
    They cannot take away our self-respect if we do not give it to them.

Laurence Sterne
    Respect for ourselves guides our morals; respect for others guides our manners.

What's your trick! how did you find all of these? I love them! I'm stuck between two.. I may use both:

U. Thant

and

Ralph Waldo Emerson
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast