Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How did your SO...

1. Account Closed
    Account Closed

How did your SO...

Advertisements
    propose to you?

(This is "research" if you want to call it that, for my book)
  2. Senior Member
    DH was in Iraq when he proposed. We decided we wanted to get married soon after he got home, but he still wanted to give me a ring and propose. He ordered the ring from a jeweler in his hometown and had it mailed to my dad's house. I came home from college for spring break, and when I opened the door, my dad was there with a video camera. I walked into the living room and there was a table set up with 5 vases of roses and a laptop in the middle. DH had recorded videos and sent them to my dad along with a couple letters. The first video was him saying how much he loved me and so on, and then he told me to take the letter out from under the laptop and follow the instructions. The letter told me to go to my bedroom and there would be a surprise on my bed. Laid out on my bed were photos of DH holding up signs that said "Will you marry me please?!?" There was a rose and a card on my pillow. The ring was under my pillow. Then I went back to the living room and there was another video from DH saying that he hoped I loved the ring and that he can't wait to spend the rest of his life with me. It was very sweet that he planned the whole thing out from Iraq and also really cool of my dad to help out.
  3. todays one day closer to him being home!!!
    todays one day closer to him being home!!!
    off to find the story so I don't have to retype it...
  4. Señor Member
    Señor Member
    Long story short he went to buy me a dog, I ended up just buying it for him because he feel in love with a different dog, and then he put "Will You Marry Me" on a heart shaped dog tag and put it on the dog for me to find.

here's the thread:
    I don't have a DB anymore.

be cool.
  5. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ash Mark's. View Post
    Long story short he went to buy me a dog, I ended up just buying it for him because he feel in love with a different dog, and then he put "Will You Marry Me" on a heart shaped dog tag and put it on the dog for me to find.

here's the thread:
    I don't have a DB anymore.
    Aw, so cute! I love your ring!
  6. todays one day closer to him being home!!!
    todays one day closer to him being home!!!
    Well I can't find it... It was the night before my 21st bday and DH was still in AK so we talked the whole way home after I got off work... he told me to get online the minute I got home and get on the webcam. When I got home there was a pink box sitting in the floor and he told me not to open it. When i got on the webcam and the clock struck over to my official birthday he told me to open it. I did. Inside was my ring.... He got down on one knee in AK and asked me over a webcam to marry him... I my DH!!!
  7. Formally known as MRZ. ROBINSON
    Formally known as MRZ. ROBINSON
    Blog Entries
    Over the phone while he was in Iraq, he was soo scared he just kept rambling on then I told him to stop beating around the bush and he finally asked would I marry him
    I Love My Baby!
  8. Senior Member
    On his final leave home before deployment DF and I went for a walk on a beach near our houses. It's the beach he asked me out at and every time we are both home we go to this beach and go for a walk or at least go sit there. Well he took me for this walk and parked his truck in the exact spot he parked when he asked me out. When we got back to the the truck he kinda fumbled around by my door. I thought he was just trying to get his key out of his pocket to unlock my door. He got down on one knee and I thought he was joking because he has done that in the past. Then he pulled the ring into my view and I freaked. It was perfect.

9. veteran's wife
    veteran's wife
    Blog Entries
    the first two times, i thought that DH was joking, he asked me while we were watching tv. he had a laugh in his voice. the last and serious time that he asked me was in the first boot camp letter. he wrote a three page letter, how he wanted to be with me threw all the times and wanted to share all his dreams with me. it was the sweetest. we got married a year after that letter was written.
    Proud Veteran's Wife/ Truckers Wife

10. Gee
    DH: "I'm gonna need you to take care of me."
    Me: "I'll take care of you."
    DH: "No... I want you to marry me. I need to know that while you're taking care of me, everybody will take care of you."

silence out of me.

DH: "Will you marry me?"
    Love God. All else can be figured out later.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast