Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: My interesting Sunday

1. Where there is courage, there is humility
    Where there is courage, there is humility

Giggle My interesting Sunday

Advertisements
    To relieve stress, I like to bake. It's something that I enjoy in general. So today I decided would be a good day to make DB some homemade goodies for his next care package. I tried to make caramel last weekend and ended up burning it. So today I was determined not to burn it.

I had to go to the store, to get sugar. That was my whole reason for going. I got flour, walnuts, a loaf of bread, and half and half. I come home and discover that I completely forgot the sugar. My mom just laughed at me. I finally got the sugar on trip #2.

Then I make the caramel and it turns out perfectly! I didn't even burn it this time! YES! As soon as I poured it into the pan, I went to put some on my finger from the spoon. And I burned my finger. I didn't even think about it being hot. You'd think it would have registered with my brain that I just took it out of a hot pan. at myself.

Oh, and the caramel, after sitting for 2 hours, is PERFECT! It's so yummy!
  2. Junior Member
    Oh, im on a baking binge too. Now I think ill make some caramel tonight after the kiddos go to bed.
  3. Am
    I caramel.

My mom and I were making suckers one Christmas and I put my finger in the melted sugar to taste it. I still have the scar.
  4. Where there is courage, there is humility
    Quote Originally Posted by Mbeauty View Post
    Oh, im on a baking binge too. Now I think ill make some caramel tonight after the kiddos go to bed.
    I made some taffy and caramel this afternoon. Last night it was truffles and pretzel bark (YUMMY!), and I may make some cookies in a few, too!

Quote Originally Posted by CarolinaHokie View Post
    I caramel.

My mom and I were making suckers one Christmas and I put my finger in the melted sugar to taste it. I still have the scar.
    Oh no!

Suckers would be cool to make!

A couple of years ago, my sis and I made a lot of goodies and out them in tins for people. It was so much fun that we are going to do it again this year!
  5. Senior Member
    I think I just gained 5 pounds reading this thread!!! You are so nice.. I don't send my DH anything

LOL
    my sexy beast.. and me
  6. Where there is courage, there is humility
    Quote Originally Posted by Amberlyn View Post
    I think I just gained 5 pounds reading this thread!!! You are so nice.. I don't send my DH anything

LOL
    DB has been gone 7 months now, and this is only the second care package that I've been able to send him. I'm a bad girlfriend Plus, he's trying to be healthier, so all of these goodies aren't going to be good At least he shares!
  7. Senior Member
    I have never made it. Maybe Ill have to give it a try!

DF: "I want to make this work with you, who else can I make fun of all the time, and then hold for hours, and go out with"