Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My first college class of the semester!!!

1. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Blog Entries

My first college class of the semester!!!

Advertisements
    So I have my first college class tonight. College Algebra , which I will fail, for sure. I noticed that in most of my college classes I don't talk to anyone and I sit away from everyone and don't initiate conversation. I hate that! Everyone thinks I am an uber bitch but I just am really shy in the classroom. I even get nervous answering questions and in real life I'm not that shy at all!!!!

I want to be more social! Is anyone else antisocial in the classroom?
  2. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    I am definitely. And like you, I'm total opposite outside the classroom.
  3. Senior Member
    I'm totally antisocial in the classroom. Honestly, if no one talks to me, I won't talk at all. I'm primarily concerned with getting my work done and understanding the material. I'm not there to make friends. I have made some friends in the past year, but it's not something I try to accomplish or anything. Maybe that makes me a bitch, but I'm not concerned with changing my ways.
  4. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Steff Bo Beff View Post
    I am definitely. And like you, I'm total opposite outside the classroom.
    I honestly get so nervous walking into my classroom every time. I normally bring a book so I don't have to make eye contact with anyone. I wrote all of db's letters during our breaks and stuff because when people would talk I didn't know how to get in the conversation . Pathetic!
  5. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Blog Entries
    i'm like that too.. i'm dreading starting my new classes with all different people. i really hate when you hae to stand up and tell about yourself
  6. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jen1982 View Post
    I'm totally antisocial in the classroom. Honestly, if no one talks to me, I won't talk at all. I'm primarily concerned with getting my work done and understanding the material. I'm not there to make friends. I have made some friends in the past year, but it's not something I try to accomplish or anything. Maybe that makes me a bitch, but I'm not concerned with changing my ways.
    I totally agree. I don't use it as a meeting ground for friends. However in more social classrooms it would be nice to get into the discussion. It's especially weird when we have to group up. I'm actually friendly IN the group but outside I don't talk to any of them. I feel so bad.
  7. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by goincrazixo View Post
    i'm like that too.. i'm dreading starting my new classes with all different people. i really hate when you hae to stand up and tell about yourself
    Oh man those are the worst. I get so red and I have a stuttering problem because I talk too fast!!! I have to rehearse what I am going to say, like in public speaking!
  8. Not really a navy gf anymore...
    Not really a navy gf anymore...
    If you ever need some help with the Algebra... my mom's been an Algebra and Pre-Algebra teacher for the past 10 years plus me helping her with assignments.. just gimme a shout out
  9. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Quote Originally Posted by danyell View Post
    I honestly get so nervous walking into my classroom every time. I normally bring a book so I don't have to make eye contact with anyone. I wrote all of db's letters during our breaks and stuff because when people would talk I didn't know how to get in the conversation . Pathetic!
    Me too! I'm sure people probably think I'm a bitch or I think I'm better than everyone, but I'm just so shy.
  10. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by redhead_navygf View Post
    If you ever need some help with the Algebra... my mom's been an Algebra and Pre-Algebra teacher for the past 10 years plus me helping her with assignments.. just gimme a shout out
    Thanks! I can do BASIC algebra but I remember I tried taking this class online and it KICKED MY ASS. I felt like such an idiot and I had to drop it because online=teaching yourself. Not happening, there. What about pre-calc stuff? It delves into that a bunch.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast