Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Holy Crow.

1. Banned
    Banned

Holy Crow.

Advertisements
    I am watching hoarders on a&e and this old woman is living with 75 dead and living cats in her home, and everything is full of feces and urine from the animals. I know these people can not help it that they have a disorder but
  2. Banned
    Banned
    ACK! I'm so glad I freak out about clutter and just throw shit away all willy-nilly. I think I had the capacity at one point to turn out like that, and I realized it and went the complete opposite way.
  3. Senior Member
    I watched that one... It was so sad. She is blind in one eye and has several medical conditions. Really, the house just got out of control and they had no way to get it back under control without some serious help. Most of the cats rescued had to be put down and she got to keep 3, in the end. Sometimes I am disgusted by the show but that one just made me sad.
  4. Banned
    Banned
    You can tell that her and her husband just love animals but fuck like I want to puke.
  5. Banned
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by jennypage View Post
    ACK! I'm so glad I freak out about clutter and just throw shit away all willy-nilly. I think I had the capacity at one point to turn out like that, and I realized it and went the complete opposite way.
    J is a hoarder, not to the point where it is unhealthy. I am glad he is moving, gives him an excuse to get rid of of everything he really does not need.
  6. Banned
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Geotech View Post
    J is a hoarder, not to the point where it is unhealthy. I am glad he is moving, gives him an excuse to get rid of of everything he really does not need.
    That is exactly what I do, everytime I move I just donate tons of shit I don't need/use and throw the rest away. My house growing up was SO cluttered, and I noticed my sister and I now both live VERY sparsely. We both can't handle it. And after I lost some stuff that was my moms and was very sentimental to me, I realized that even though it hurt, I could move on and it was OK. I think that was the turning point.

I am very NOT materialistic and don't need things, but I am on the other hand very sentimental and attach value to stupid shit. I'm glad I learned that you don't need THINGS to have memories or whatever. If that makes sense.
  7. 021409<3
    021409<3
    Holy crap I wish I hadn't been eating when I read that lol. Wtf were they like, stuffed or something? That sounds really stupid now that I typed it haha. Ugh, seriously nasty.
  8. Banned
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by jennypage View Post
    That is exactly what I do, everytime I move I just donate tons of shit I don't need/use and throw the rest away. My house growing up was SO cluttered, and I noticed my sister and I now both live VERY sparsely. We both can't handle it. And after I lost some stuff that was my moms and was very sentimental to me, I realized that even though it hurt, I could move on and it was OK. I think that was the turning point.

I am very NOT materialistic and don't need things, but I am on the other hand very sentimental and attach value to stupid shit. I'm glad I learned that you don't need THINGS to have memories or whatever. If that makes sense.

I think that is normal that you wanted to keep things that reminded you of your mom JP, I think everyone is like that, but you are right the best thing to do is learn to let go. With J it is not that he intentionally hordes he just like have moved from base to base, and like shit just get packed up, and like the only things that unpacked are what he needed etc. So moving is awesome, even he thinks so. I am the same as you I get rid of everything although right now I have an excess of military crap, and the only reason that is like that is because like same deal with me, boxed it up and just have not had a chance to get rid of it, some of it I am selling as it is expensive shit.
  9. Banned
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Geotech View Post
    I think that is normal that you wanted to keep things that reminded you of your mom JP, I think everyone is like that, but you are right the best thing to do is learn to let go. With J it is not that he intentionally hordes he just like have moved from base to base, and like shit just get packed up, and like the only things that unpacked are what he needed etc. So moving is awesome, even he thinks so. I am the same as you I get rid of everything although right now I have an excess of military crap, and the only reason that is like that is because like same deal with me, boxed it up and just have not had a chance to get rid of it, some of it I am selling as it is expensive shit.

Yeah, it's hard when you live out of boxes and don't even really know what you have. It's nice to finally settle down and go through it all and get rid of what you don't need. How long till you move?
  10. Banned
    Banned
    None of my stuff is in boxes, not too sure when I am moving to Vic, that is up to J for the most part, I do not want to push him into anything, and I have my apartment and my stable job. The only stuff I have in boxes is my mil stuff, but some of that is going some of that is staying cause I have gucci kit that J does not so that will just flip over to him. I live pretty sparsely, my office is more than likely the most cluttered place in my apartment, and that is all work shit..lol.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast