Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Random Trivia

1. Senior Member

Random Trivia

Advertisements
    34% of couples first discuss marriage in a vehicle.

your foot is the same length as your elbow to your wrist.

it is impossible to lick your elbow

anyone else have any random useless facts?
  2. Señor Member
    Señor Member
    Now I'm googling for more

aaand the winners aaaare:

Men get hiccups more often than women (it's because they're pigs that eat like they're starving children straight from the Saharah.)

Apples, not caffeine, are more efficient at waking you up in the morning.

The microwave was invented after a researcher walked by a radar tube and a chocolate bar melted in his pocket.

Ashley owns (okay okay, I made that one up you caught me)

Richard Millhouse Nixon was the first US president whose name contains all the letters from the word "criminal." The second was William Jefferson Clinton.

Sherlock Holmes never said "Elementary, my dear Watson."

In 1899, President McKinley was assured by the director of the US Patent Office that "everything that can be invented has already been invented."

It is estimated that at any one time, 0.7% of the world's population are drunk.

A pregnant goldfish is called a twit.

Hershey's Kisses are called that because the machine that makes them looks like it's kissing the conveyor belt.

The Texas Chainsaw Massacre was originally entitled Headcheese, but was changed at the last minute.

...okay I'll stop

be cool.
  3. PACK YOUR BAGS!!!
    PACK YOUR BAGS!!!
    I am loving the Richard Nixon one!!!!!
    You are worth taking on the world...

No More Ticker...HE IS HOME
  4. Gained a child but lost my sanity!
    Gained a child but lost my sanity!
    My BFF is a book of useless trivia facts- she always wins on trivia nights, I mean that in all seriousness, I have been out with her at least a dozen times & she won. Anyway- one of her favorites . . .

Dolphins are the only animals besides humans who have for pleasure.
  5. Senior Member
    Louis Riel was hanged on November 16, 1885, for being a traitor against Canada. Today, he is considered a founding father of the Canadian Province of Manitoba.

The first Ford Mustangs, built in 1964, were nothing more than Ford Falcons with different exterior sheet metal.

The phrase “going commando” originated during the Vietnam War, a time when American troops spent extended periods of time in hot, humid jungles. Tight-fitting undergarments reduced ventilation and increased the risk of fungal infections in the groin area.

Ashrita Furman’s twelve-minute mile doesn’t sound all that impressive, unless it’s pointed out that he was riding a pogo stick at the time.
  6. Happy wife...happy life!
    Happy wife...happy life!
    THis is fun!!!
  7. Happy wife...happy life!
    Happy wife...happy life!
    In 2006, a study released found that 94% of Americans over age 44 have had sex at least once in their lives.

95% had sex before marriage.
  8. Senior Member
    If you have 3 quarters, 4 dimes, and 4 pennies, you have $1.19. You also have the largest amount of money in coins without being able to make exact change for a dollar.

The Eisenhower interstate system requires that one mile in every five must be straight. These straight sections are usable as airstrips in times of war or other emergencies.

The names of the two stone lions in front of the New York Public Library are Patience and Fortitude. They were named by then-mayor Fiorello LaGuardia.

The Main Library at Indiana University sinks over an inch every year because when it was built, engineers failed to take into account the weight of all the books that would occupy the building.

The sound of E.T. walking was made by someone squishing her hands in jelly.

The fist product to have a bar code was Wrigleys gum.

Minus 40 degrees Celsius is exactly the same as minus 40 degrees Fahrenheit.
  9. Senior Member
    Blog Entries

Okay, okay I want to join soo lol here we go...

The first couple to be shown in bed together on prime time TV were Fred and Wilma Flintstone.

Men can read smaller print than women can; women can hear better.

Coca-Cola was originally green.

The average number of people airborne over the US any given hour: 61,000.

The youngest pope was 11 years old.

Only two people signed the Declaration of Independence on July 4th, John Hancock and Charles Thomson. Most of the rest signed on August 2, but the last signature wasn't added until 5 years later.

The numbers '172' can be found on the back of the U.S. $5 dollar bill in the bushes at the base of the Lincoln Memorial.

In the early days of the telephone, operators would pick up a call and use the phrase, "Well, are you there?". It wasn't until 1895 that someone suggested answering the phone with the phrase "number please?"

According to suicide statistics, Monday is the favored day for self-destruction.

Alrighty maybe I'll stop until others catch up

Gosh...Random Trivia gets me...Everytime!
  10. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by daniellexo View Post

Okay, okay I want to join soo lol here we go...

The first couple to be shown in bed together on prime time TV were Fred and Wilma Flintstone.

Men can read smaller print than women can; women can hear better.

Coca-Cola was originally green.
    The average number of people airborne over the US any given hour: 61,000.

The youngest pope was 11 years old.

Only two people signed the Declaration of Independence on July 4th, John Hancock and Charles Thomson. Most of the rest signed on August 2, but the last signature wasn't added until 5 years later.

The numbers '172' can be found on the back of the U.S. $5 dollar bill in the bushes at the base of the Lincoln Memorial.

In the early days of the telephone, operators would pick up a call and use the phrase, "Well, are you there?". It wasn't until 1895 that someone suggested answering the phone with the phrase "number please?"

Alrighty maybe I'll stop until others catch up

Gosh...Random Trivia gets me...Everytime!
    And it contained cocaine!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast