Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: amused....

1. Senior Member

amused....

Advertisements
    Well I know I posted before about DH having some medical issues. I have added up all the bills our hospital (off base care) expects him to pay (above what tricare has paid them) and it is almost 20 thousand dollars.

I laugh because well they billed tricare and than sent us bills for the remainder. Even though the statements from tricare state bill settled for (insert random amount per visit).

I guess DH has a trip to the tricare office to make on Tues.
  2. Senior Member
    thank goodness for health insurance. sometimes i see the amounts on bills and i wonder how people pay those things off. its crazy
  3. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by nikkiduwop View Post
    thank goodness for health insurance. sometimes i see the amounts on bills and i wonder how people pay those things off. its crazy
    I agree.

I also wonder why hospitals still send bills when they settle them with tricare? Silly.
  4. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    I've had that problem before too. Tricare has always been great about getting it resolved quickly!
  5. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    I am trying to get a new IUD and had an appointment with a doctor a few weeks ago for a pap since they required it before giving me an IUD. They knew which insurance I have (ChampVA, works similar to Medicaid and Tricare). The next day they call me to tell me that they refuse to give me the IUD because ChampVA's max coverage for this is $300 and it would cost $1400 to place the IUD. Prices for the smallest things are ridiculous!
    An unconditional right to say what one pleases about public affairs is what I consider to be the minimum guarantee of the First Amendment.
  6. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Germanchick View Post
    I am trying to get a new IUD and had an appointment with a doctor a few weeks ago for a pap since they required it before giving me an IUD. They knew which insurance I have (ChampVA, works similar to Medicaid and Tricare). The next day they call me to tell me that they refuse to give me the IUD because ChampVA's max coverage for this is $300 and it would cost $1400 to place the IUD. Prices for the smallest things are ridiculous!
    I agree.

And I also find it amusing that from bill to bill, the exact same thing can be a different cost. Craziness.