• Just go and if you see her walk away

15 88.24%
  • Don't go.

2 11.76%

Thread: Need your opinion

1. Senior Member

Question Need your opinion

Advertisements
    Okay so my mom called and told me that my ex best friend (Nikki) is getting married next month and I'm really happy for her blah blah blah!
    In the past Nikki and I have always gone shopping together the day after thanksgiving. We would meet up at Target in san diego and go from there. My mom made the comment that she would see her there and now I'm thinking if I even should bother going. I'm not scared of Nikki. I just know that things will be intense.
    Should I just be the bigger person and just go and if I see her just walk away? I don't know what to do.

Here's the whole story with that: Earlier this year something happened at my old work place. *Keep in mind I haven't worked there in over 2 years* An argument broke out between a nurse and a paitent service rep. Another nurse had walked by and heard the whole argument and then lied and told people that the other nurse (who was arguing with the paitent service rep) that she said some type of racial comment towards the patient service rep. Come to find out it wasn't even true.
    Anyways, Nikki had told me that there had bee threats to find where this girl lives and beat the crap out of her, and told me not to tell anyone. Well she's married and has 2 kids and just the thought of that happening made my stomach turn. So I called one of my old co-workers from that department and told her. So she went and told her boss and from there they pulled Nikki in and she got in trouble. What for I don't know.
    Nikki called me and yelled at me telling me that I can no longer be trusted and she ended the friendship.

I don't regret my decision, I felt it was the right thing to do. Seeing how in the past I was always threaten for no good reason and I was always told that I needed to tell someone.

I'm sorry this is so long but it's really been bugging me and I just wanted everyone's opinion.
  2. Banned
    Banned
    I think you need to apologize to her for breaking her trust. She specifically asked you not to tell anyone and you went and called the place she works and told them! Those are most likely the LAST people she wanted to know about that.
  3. Senior Member
    I would have if she would have let me. She works in a different department and heard other people making threats like that. I looked at it this way. 1) I could have kept my mouth shut and let things happen. or 2) Tell someone.
    If those people who were making those threats and followed through I couldn't live with myself knowing I could have stopped it. That is the only reason why I broke that trust.
    Thanks for your opinion Tawny. I really did try to apologize and explain myself but she didn't want to hear it
  4. aka Mrs Gibberish
    aka Mrs Gibberish
    How did they find out that she's the one who told you? Did you tell them you heard it from her or did they just assume? If you told them you heard it from her that was wrong. You could have given them the information without selling out your friend. There are other things you could have done as well but I understand why you told it was the right thing to do.

I say go and if you see her try to talk to her and maybe explain that although you should have talked to her about it first or done it in a different way you did do the right thing. Tell her you would hope that you would have done the same thing for her even if someone told you not to tell. I hope you can figure this out good luck sweetie.
  5. Hooked on the sauce
    Hooked on the sauce
    I'd go shoppin!
  6. Counting down the days...
    Counting down the days...
    Go shopping. You're an adult, she's an adult, and if you run into one another there is no reason things cannot be handled respectfully, even if it is a just a nod and then keep walking.
  7. Hooked on the sauce
    Hooked on the sauce
    Quote Originally Posted by amy1117 View Post
    Go shopping. You're an adult, she's an adult, and if you run into one another there is no reason things cannot be handled respectfully, even if it is a just a nod and then keep walking.
  8. Senior Member
    You ladies are right. I didn't call and tell anyone. I just told an old co-worker of mine and she went and told. My old co-worker did bring up my name when she was telling her boss. So I'm guessing when they talked to Nikki they told her that I told someone there.
    I do plan on going shopping. I think I'll just go else where. I don't want to ruin her day and knowing me...I'd be a mess and I don't want to ruin my day of fun. So to keep the peace I'm just gonna go to a different target to go to.
    I should have talked to her about it but I didn't. For that I'm in the wrong and would be more than happy to apologize for that. But when someone doesn't want to hear it then it's out of my hands. I'm not going to force someone to hear me out.
    I have no idea how she would react. I mean if she can beat up her sister in a public park what makes me think she wouldn't do that to me, KWIM? I'm not one to cause a scene, nor would I want to.
    Thank you all for your opinions. I really respect what you all had to say