Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

View Poll Results: What kind of 'do stuff' gal are you?

Voters
60. You may not vote on this poll
  • I don't like to do stuff, trying is too hard, others do it for me

1 1.67%
  • I try to do stuff at least once, even though I'm not always very good at doing it

32 53.33%
  • I always do thing for myself, if I suck at it, I figure it out

26 43.33%
  • The infamous other...explain!

1 1.67%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What Kind of Gal Are Ya?

1. La Xicana
    La Xicana
    Blog Entries

What Kind of Gal Are Ya?

Advertisements
    So I was talking with a friend the other day, and she was frustrating the hell out of me, LOL. She was telling me how she was waiting for her bf to get out of work to put up a shelf for her. And how he needed to help her set up her cable box. And how she couldn't figure out how to fill out some paperwork for some financial stuff. LOL I finally said...can you do ANYTHING yourself? I mean, I was joking with her...but not really. Personally I just get so irritated at females who are so 'oh woe is me, I'm just a wittle lady that can't do anything but get dressed in the morning'. Maybe because I'm such a gung ho kind of person, I HATE people doing things for me. I set up my own electronics, I put up my own shelves, I put together my own furniture, I set up my own accounts, I have even had J teach me how to do basic maintenance on the car in case he's ever not around. I mean, I can't do everything, but I will sure as hell try. I'll never let myself be 'that girl' that always needs someone to do stuff for her cuz she can't be bothered to try and figure it out cuz 'its too hard' . I know I can get a little anal at times, because I can also be the person that feels, unless I do it myself it won't be done right, LOL, and that can be a major fault of mine sometimes. J can irritate the hell out of me sometimes cuz he's so damn passive sometimes and if something doesn't go his way on certain things right away, he just gives up. I'm the person that will keep trying until I get what I need and want

So anyway, tangent sorry, ....the question is:

What kind of gal are you when it comes to doing stuff around you? Are you the person that never tries and prefers to have stuff done for them? Are you the person that might not always be good at stuff but you at least try? Are you the person that must always do everything yourself.
  2. Banned
    Banned
    I try somethings but if I know someone else will do a better job....I have no problem asking for help.
  3. lord help us all!
    lord help us all!
    i'll try most things. but with electronics...if i don't have to do it! i know i am better off letting someone else do it. but if not...i can usually figure it out with trial and error. usually i am too impatient to wait for someone else to do things for me. so i do it myself.

however...i have never changed a tire. i've always been able to get someone else to do it, and my dad used to use an air socket on my car...so i wouldn't have been able to anyways.
  4. Senior Member
    I'm the person that might not be good at stuff, but I always try. There's some things I just can't do. Lol. Like opening jars... Why must those things be so tight? But I give it a good go and I loosen it before I hand it over to DH.

Arranging furniture, I can do sometimes, but I might need a little help depending on what type of flooring it's on. For example: Hardwood, definitely need help. I'm not gonna drag a table or something across that.

I like putting together electronics and stuff of the sort. DH bought me a vacuum that was "Assembly required" once and I did it myself.

As for paperwork and financial stuff.. That's what DH asks ME for help with. I looooove doing that kind of stuff.
  5. Senior Member
    i try.. and try.. and try.. until i figure it out. i hate being told i cant do anything.

6. La Xicana
    La Xicana
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mrsfaller View Post
    i'll try most things. but with electronics...if i don't have to do it! i know i am better off letting someone else do it. but if not...i can usually figure it out with trial and error. usually i am too impatient to wait for someone else to do things for me. so i do it myself.

however...i have never changed a tire. i've always been able to get someone else to do it, and my dad used to use an air socket on my car...so i wouldn't have been able to anyways.
    I think that's a biggie for me, I have NO patience when it comes to getting stuff done , I want things done NOW, LOL
  7. X
    X
    Other, if it's something that has my interest/I want (electronics mainly) I'll figure it out myself. If it's something like putting together a shelf or something boring, I'll leave it to anyone else that wants to do it
  8. Senior Member
    I like to take care of most everything myself. If I get to the point where I need help, I'll ask. But for the majority of our marriage my husband has been away on deployments/TDYs. I have to know how to do things myself.
  9. IYAOYAS
    IYAOYAS
    In my case it's not that I don't wnt to I can't. My legs are so bad I can't stand on a chair to change a light bulb. Thank God DD is tall.
  10. Senior Member
    I am super independent. I actually have a hard time asking for someone to do something for me. Most of the time I will damned near kill myself trying to do something on my own.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast