Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What was your early 90's style?

1. La Xicana
    La Xicana
    Blog Entries

What was your early 90's style?

Advertisements
    Sooooo me and my bff are going to see New Kids on the Block tomorrow !! And we were talking about what we should wear and how we should do our hair . We were in 8th grade, and full hormone raging 14 year-olds when the New Kids took the scene by storm, lol. So there were so many things we were remembering, and looking back at my Jr. high yearbooks, totally brought us back. What are some things YOU remember from the good ol' early 90's? I'm talking about 1990-1994.

Here are a few of my goodies I remember:
    >My mini wet n wild eyeliner I hid in my backpack and applied when I got to school, I also had a hidden lighter to make it 'wet' heehee

>My POOFY bangs. I always carried a bottle of Aquanet (99 cents baby!). All the girls would be in the bathroom making knots out of their bangs and carefully arranging them into the highest possible work of art bangs we could.

>Permed hair of course! I got my first perm when I was 13 , I loved my crunchy permed hair

>Long t-shirts, biker shorts, and t-shirt tied to the side either with a knot or one of this circle plastic thingies

>Scrunchies! Every color and size imaginable!

>LA Gears! With the srunched socks, if you could wear socks of like 3 different colors you were the bomb! I remember I had the pink and white LA Gears with the glittery laces.

>Trapper Keepers! I remember I took out the cutesy stuff and we made our own covers with notebook paper...we were cool I still had my cutesy puppy and Lisa Frank folders inside though

OMG I could go on and on and on! What do you remember from the early 90's? and dare I ask, at the risk of feeling like a damn old geizer...how old were you? If you were BORN during this time frame, spare us the pain and PLEASE don't reply
  2. Senior Member
    I was a toddler.
    Rockin the Huggies...

Mid 90's I started school and I had a fuchsia heart shaped backpack.

If you are feeling frightened about what comes next, don't be. Embrace the uncertainty. Allow it to lead you places. Be brave as it challenges you to exercise both your heart and your mind as you create your own path towards happiness, don't waste time with regret. Spin wildly into your next action. Enjoy the present, each moment, as it comes; because you'll never get another one quite like it. And if you should ever look up and find yourself lost, simply take a breath and start over. Retrace your steps and go back to the purest place in your heart where your hope lives. You'll find your way again.

3. was with your mom last night.
    was with your mom last night.
    Blog Entries
    biker shorts and huge t-shirts with puffy-paints

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. (Benjamin Franklin)
    Quote Originally Posted by helloimkaley View Post
    Lauren wins the internet.
    Quote Originally Posted by candypants View Post
    Hey guys. Oh, big gulps, huh? Welp, see ya later.
  4. Community Leader
    Community Leader
    Blog Entries
    I wore a lot of Looney Tunes stuff, Baseball Jersey type shirts, colored jeans, Adidas jacket.

5. Senior Member
    Early 90's I was a little baby..Mid 90's I was liike any other 5 or 6 year old in the 90's.
    You know it's love when you want to keep holding hands even after you're sweaty.
  6. Insert something witty -->here.
    Insert something witty -->here.
    All of the freakin above ... there wasnt enough Auqa Net to support me lol..
    I Jordan
  7. He's the only other half that makes me whole ♥
    He's the only other half that makes me whole ♥
    I was born in '87, so i was just starting school. I still have pictures of me in biker shorts, tied to the side shirts, and teased bangs! My sister is 9 years older than me and was starting cosmetology classes so i was her guinea pig! I was the coolest elementary schooler on the block though
    You can't just say I love you. You have to live I love you.
  8. was with your mom last night.
    Blog Entries
    don't forget Lip Smackers, especially the Dr. Pepper flavor!

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. (Benjamin Franklin)
  9. was with your mom last night.
    Blog Entries
    i also crimped my hair

10. La Xicana
    La Xicana
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by *lauren* View Post
    i also crimped my hair
    OMG we used to do it to my baby sister all the time, LOL. she was about 9 years old, so she wanted to be like big sister, and sometimes got the treatment
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast