Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: When you buy or bought your house

1. Senior Member

When you buy or bought your house

Advertisements
    What are some things you won't bend on? What were/will be the must haves?
  2. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Multiple full bathrooms, both with tubs. I never understood "5 bedroom house, 1 bathroom"
    Garage
    If you want my opinion on your relationship or life issues, just ask Villanelle!
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleMsSunshine View Post
    I think it's really funny when people come on here, and automatically assume that everyone here is a gung-ho, hoo-rah, i-bleed-red-white-and-blue, kiss-my-military-ass, people-in-uniform-can-do-no-wrong, and i'm-entitled-to-everything bitch.
    "RIP Blackie, and Whitey, New Whitey. Goodbye Poopers and Momma Beige and Lady Grey. New Blackie and the Whitey Sisters rule the roost now!"
  3. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by guynavywife View Post
    Multiple full bathrooms, both with tubs. I never understood "5 bedroom house, 1 bathroom"
    Garage
    I dont understand that either and I see it a lot! Who the hell wants more than 2 bedrooms but 1 full bathroom?!
  4. Loving my soldier since '96
    Loving my soldier since '96
    We decided to buy a home the next duty...I wont bend on a eat-in Kitchen, A 4th bedroom or den(either one), or at least 2 full bathrooms.

I will be like those Property Virgins on HGTV.
    (Disclaimer: The following information is coming from a Army wife who doesn't actually know any specifics 100%. Often told to her by husband or other wise ones. Though, they all will admit that at times they dont know the specifics neither. The information received should be considered unstable and possibly flammable. Do not disseminate. )
  5. Amazon nut & Supernatural freak.
    Amazon nut & Supernatural freak.
    I want a good chunk of distance between my house and my neighbor's. I have had such bad experiences with bad neighbors that I just cannot bend on that one in particular.

Lots and I mean LOTS of space it's a must for me. I am very claustrophobic.

The rest can be always added or taken out.
  6. Life is good.
    Life is good.
    The house MUST have nice bathrooms and a nice kitchen. Those are the most expensive things to fix. The other thing that is mandatory is a nice size backyard. But the main things are:
    At least 2 bathrooms (updated)
    W/D hookups INSIDE the house
    Updated and good sized kitchen
    Storage inside the house for towels and things
    A garage attached to the house

Also make sure you get an inspection before you buy anything.
  7. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    A Big kitchen, updated to

and lots and lots of closet space
  8. Seabee Wife
    Seabee Wife
    We were just house hunting a couple of weeks ago. Here's what we told the realtor we could not bend on...
    *Garage non-converted to house the Harley and tools
    *Indoor laundry (it can be the garage but it must be attached and inclosed)
    *3+ bedrooms, none smaller than 10'x10'
    *2+ full bath (I need a place to bathe my kids that isn't in my room)
    *A yard that is inclosed so my girls have a place to play (it didn't have to be large, just safe for my girls to run in the sun)
  9. Senior Member
    T's list is it has to be a 3 bedroom at least. 2.5 bathrooms and if we do end up buying a house next yr he wants a basement.

I just want a kitchen with counter space and a actual laundry room. Not just in the hallway.

But thats just for our "starter home". We're military we wont live in any house forever lol.

When we finally get the house we will be in forever, I think we will have to build from scratch Ill never find everything I want.
  10. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by wwdd? View Post
    T's list is it has to be a 3 bedroom at least. 2.5 bathrooms and if we do end up buying a house next yr he wants a basement.

I just want a kitchen with counter space and a actual laundry room. Not just in the hallway.

But thats just for our "starter home". We're military we wont live in any house forever lol.

When we finally get the house we will be in forever, I think we will have to build from scratch Ill never find everything I want.
    Basements I have discovered are very geographical. Also I don't know many new houses that are being built with basements.
    If you want my opinion on your relationship or life issues, just ask Villanelle!
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleMsSunshine View Post
    I think it's really funny when people come on here, and automatically assume that everyone here is a gung-ho, hoo-rah, i-bleed-red-white-and-blue, kiss-my-military-ass, people-in-uniform-can-do-no-wrong, and i'm-entitled-to-everything bitch.
    "RIP Blackie, and Whitey, New Whitey. Goodbye Poopers and Momma Beige and Lady Grey. New Blackie and the Whitey Sisters rule the roost now!"
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast