Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: I want a Puppy!

1. Missing My Soldier
    Missing My Soldier
    Blog Entries

I want a Puppy!

Advertisements
    I want a cute little dog that can keep me company while DB is gone (he leaves this week for a year). Something like a maltese or bichon frise or a mix thats cute, cuddly and small like that. DB doesn't think it's a good idea but I think it'd help keep me busy, I'd have to take care of it and pay attention to it and not just be a big self-pity party all the time and just mope around. I dunno.
    What do ya'll think? Who has a dog for that reason right now, to keep ya busy and is it worth it? How much do you spend on food and stuff for it? All I can see is good reasons to get it, maybe you guys can help me see the bad reasons.
    I mean, look at this guy, he's sooo cute!
  2. Senior Member
    I think getting a puppy is a wonderful idea. But remember you will still have him when your DB comes home. You have to worry about someone watching him if you go away on vacation or take him with you. And still love him and give him attention when you db comes home. Food wise I dont think they are expensive. I have a lab and a golden and I spend about 30 bucks a month of food and then treats and so on. But then theres the vets and shots. I pay 36 a month insurance each. So you have to weigh up the pros and cons. But I wouldn't never be without my babies

The one in the pic is sooooooooo cute
    Navy Wife
  3. Doin' It All On My Own...
    Doin' It All On My Own...
    hahaha i want one too!!! I want a bull dog though.
  4. He is the love my life
    He is the love my life
    ive been beggin DH for a puppy but he tells me no

I love me some NavyCakes84
  5. Senior Member
    we just got a puppy last week...so far so good...DH is in the field this week, so he will be keeping me company, but it is definitely a lot of work and thankfully i have a neighbor that is willing to watch him when i need to go places, but i couldn't do it without her! puppies are A LOT of work!

"The Lord is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? The Lord is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?" ~ Psalm 27:1
    Quote Originally Posted by MamaStrong View Post
    at first I was like , then I was like when I saw how messed up the page it looked so then I was like *click*, *enter*, *click*, *enter*,
  6. Senior Member
    DF got me a puppy for Christmas because we knew he was deploying in March. It was a great idea, don't get me wrong it's a lot of work sometimes but he's great and I love him sooo much and he keeps me company while DF is gone! This is my little baby, Otto!
  7. Formerly "Chels"
    Formerly "Chels"
    Blog Entries
    Once your alone, there is no bad reason! GET THE DOG! you will definately want company. I just got a chihuahua and love her!
  8. Missing My Soldier
    Missing My Soldier
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by megsharlow View Post
    DF got me a puppy for Christmas because we knew he was deploying in March. It was a great idea, don't get me wrong it's a lot of work sometimes but he's great and I love him sooo much and he keeps me company while DF is gone! This is my little baby, Otto!
    awwww! He's adorable!!
  9. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    i think it's a great idea IF:

1. you will still want it when he gets home and he will want it too- i mean you are engaged (right?) meaning you will be married, and in marriage couples need to decide certain responsibilities together.

2. you realize all the work that goes into a dog. take them out to poop, scoop the poop, feed them, groom them, play with them, etc. and don't forget they sometimes poop where they shouldn't, and whine if they want something, which can be annoying.

i am not anti-dog or anything, i just wanted to make sure you've thought this all out. hope this helps!