Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: What's the weirdest job you've ever had?

1. Banned
    Banned
    Advertisements
    I've been debating on what I would call my weirdest job. I am going to go with cocktail waitress in a nudist colony. Mostly because a majority of the people were over 60. hehe. Seeing the naked people didn't bother me at all. It was seeing all the old women all sexed up in their stripper wear that was kind of odd for me. It was a VERY fun job though. I always left with good stories.
  2. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by amberly177 View Post
    I've been debating on what I would call my weirdest job. I am going to go with cocktail waitress in a nudist colony. Mostly because a majority of the people were over 60. hehe. Seeing the naked people didn't bother me at all. It was seeing all the old women all sexed up in their stripper wear that was kind of odd for me. It was a VERY fun job though. I always left with good stories.
    Sounds like a pretty odd job to me!!
  3. Senior Member
    I worked at an amusement park when I was a teenager once. They use to bounce you around the rides to actually run the rides. I remember the one specifically the whip and whirl (where it was a cylinder type of ride, it went really really fast) and than the floor dropped out. People would scream and than they were plastered to the sides. I specifically recall the whip and whirl PSYCHO man. That use to ride it ALL DAY long EVERYDAY. That's right and we all use to talk about how he didn't have a job. He rode the whip and whirl and knew us all by name and would address us in a "friend" manner.
    Quite interesting.

My Sweetheart

Quote Originally Posted by LoveKiss View Post
    Would you please not tempt the deployment gods?! They are vindictive and cruel.
  4. Banned
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by USNIwife View Post
    I worked at an amusement park when I was a teenager once. They use to bounce you around the rides to actually run the rides. I remember the one specifically the whip and whirl (where it was a cylinder type of ride, it went really really fast) and than the floor dropped out. People would scream and than they were plastered to the sides. I specifically recall the whip and whirl PSYCHO man. That use to ride it ALL DAY long EVERYDAY. That's right and we all use to talk about how he didn't have a job. He rode the whip and whirl and knew us all by name and would address us in a "friend" manner.
    Quite interesting.

How old was this guy? I'm assuming it can't be good for anyone to constantly be on a ride like that.

I worked at Busch Gardens for like 2 weeks....I hated it
  5. Banned
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by kdlansdale View Post
    I worked for Hasbro Toys for a few days (temp job). I was there inventory girl. We counted toys for days. It was the main storage facility so it was dusty and dirty and just nasty. I got a hot date with one of the bosses out of it though! =)

Wow that totally reminds me....I should go look for a temp. agency in this area.

Side note...any job that gets you a hot date is an amazing job
  6. ProudArmyWifeD
    I was a receptionist at a place like Hair Club for Men. So besides doing normal reception work, when guys would come in, they'd get their hairpieces soaked off by the stylists, then I'd have to take it in to them and show them where they needed some new hair sewn in, get their okay, and then take the piece into the girls who sewed the hair in. Then the stylists would glue the piece back on.

After I was working there a while, the office manager also trained me (at 19, with no medical experience, but she didn't have any either) to take the stitches out of the patients who had done the surgical hair replacement.

So yeah, now I always am wary of "medical assistants" and such - just because they may wear scrubs or a white coat doesn't necessarily mean they are qualified to do the job they are doing.

Awful, right?
  7. Senior Member
    I worked at a mini golf and go-kart place...I took peoples money in exchange for golf balls and putters....so exciting
  8. Do fairytales ever come true?
    Do fairytales ever come true?
    Virginia Beach Va (hubby is on USS Bataan)
    Blog Entries
    um i dont really think ive worked anywhere wierd lone star, burger king, arbys, waffle house (that was fun!), a family restraunt, a grocery store, the navy (thats interesting!), educational sales and now a technical help representative for panasonic!

[/url]
  9. Senior Member
    i whiten peoples teeth in the mall. ... and im an elementary ed. major..
  10. ..is brought to you by the letters W.T.F.!
    ..is brought to you by the letters W.T.F.!
    haven't really had any weird jobs either, own'd a 1/4 of my own business going to auctions and reselling the stuff on ebay, telemarketer, and a photo tech.

How does your SO feel about being a stripper?
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast