Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hyphenated Last Names?!

1. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Question Hyphenated Last Names?!

Advertisements
    I married a man that has one, does anyone else have one?
    Are you scrappy enough for me
  2. Senior Member
    I don't yet, but was going to before I started school. My husband and I have been married for two years, and I just haven't gotten around to hyphenating. When I do change, it will be to both of our last names hyphenated. I have decided it's best to wait until I graduate to do any sort of name change. But, I wanted to give your thread a little bump.
  3. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    its funny cause when we got married he asked me f i was going to keep my name too LOL so i could have three last names. LOL
  4. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jennygirl View Post
    its funny cause when we got married he asked me f i was going to keep my name too LOL so i could have three last names. LOL

lol that's so funny. Both of our last names are horribly hard to pronounce. Typically at appointments of any kind, people just say "Jennifer" and pause, and I know exactly who they want. LMAO. So, I am in for a doozy when I finally do hyphenate. I want to keep them both though, so it's worth it.
  5. Senior Member
    My last name is hyphenated, by personal choice. If I knew what a pain in the ass it would be to live in Alabama with a hyphenated last name, I MIGHT have thought twice. I swear they are stuck back in the 1940s here.

6. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    I always get how did you get him to do it, and I tell people he came that way LOL
  7. Lindsey.
    Lindsey.
    I have one...my parents are to blame.
    There AreNo Words
  8. La Xicana
    La Xicana
    Blog Entries
    Yes, J's last name is hyphenated. So his dad's last name is his first last name, and his mom's last name is his second last name.....but the military just chose 1 of the last names, so with the Navy his last name is his mom's last name...which he HATES because he doesn't like his mom's last name, he considers his dad's last name his real last name. But on most legal documents like his Driver's License, he has his 2 last names hyphenated...it gets complicated, LOL

I just took his dad's last name when we got married, not both of his last names.
  9. Banned
    Banned
    DD has one - I gave her my maiden name when she was born (I was not married at the time) because her father was denying her at the time and I was not going to give her his name if he wouldn't even admit she was his (he wasn't there when she was born so it was completely my decision as to what went on the BC). When I married DH she wanted to know why I got a new name and she didn't - when we found out I was pregnant with DS she asked if the new baby would be a M******** or a W******. She was sad that she would be the only W****** in our family and said she wanted to have DH's name (she was 5 at this point). I took it up with her father and brought it to him as a compromise - I asked if he would agree to a hyphenated form of his last name and DH's (surprise, surprise, when the paternity test came back he pitched a fit that she didn't have "his name" but I had held my ground up to the point of her asking for a change). He agreed so she is now a B***-M******** (I know, horrible initials )
  10. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    I'm thinking about it, I'm still weighing my married names options. The crabby thing is, though, that our names don't go well together. Mine get's mispronounced as swimmer and his is similar to foot... so it sounds like swimmer-foot, which just sounds like a flipper.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast