Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: BMW, M.Benz, Lexus, or Infiniti?

1. La Xicana
    La Xicana
    Blog Entries

BMW, M.Benz, Lexus, or Infiniti?

Advertisements
    Just wondering, if any of you have a BMW, Mercedes Benz, Lexus, or Infiniti, can you tell me what you like about it, not like about it, and if you have or have had more than 1 of these, which one did you like more?
  2. Senior Member
    Nope. We're poor. We drive Chevy. My husband wants a BMW though.
  3. Carolina Girls...BEST in the World!
    Carolina Girls...BEST in the World!
    My husband has a BMW. I don't drive it much, but when I do, it drives sooo smooth! It's a 1997 528i. Great car, and of course he loves it!

Edit-Just wanted to add, he found it on craigslist for $9000...fresh paint and low profile tires and chrome rims. We stole that car!!!!!
  4. Do or do not... There is no try.~ Yoda, Jedi Master
    Do or do not... There is no try.~ Yoda, Jedi Master
    "Well, if there's a bright center to the universe, you're on the planet that it's farthest from."

Nope, we're too poor too. (We'd need the SUV version of any of them for the size of my family)
    I'm not Lynn, but we ARE MSOS Best Friends and MSOS Twins.
  5. Senior Member
    I have a 06 Infiniti G35x and I have moments where I love and moments when I want to drive it into a wall. I test drove the other cars you mentioned when I was shopping and am currently going through the same motions right now trying to make a decision. I do not think I will buy another Infiniti. I drive a TON and my car was amazing for about the first 60,000 no repairs other than new breaks at 35 and oil changes every 4 and now seems to be crumbling. I take very good care of my cars because of the amount I drive but it still seems to be falling apart. One thing I will say is it drives like a sports car it is not as smooth as the others and is a tad louder but boy can i MOVE hehe. If you have any other questions I would be happy to answer them. Have you thought about the Acura TL or RL I test drove both of those and I was impressed.
  6. La Xicana
    La Xicana
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. CJ View Post
    My husband has a BMW. I don't drive it much, but when I do, it drives sooo smooth! It's a 1997 528i. Great car, and of course he loves it!

Edit-Just wanted to add, he found it on craigslist for $9000...fresh paint and low profile tires and chrome rims. We stole that car!!!!!
    yea, I hear good things about BMW, but I'm just not totally convinced. I'm thinking about the 3 series, and I know they are great cars, but the styling is the only thing that holds me back.

You definitely got a steal

I'll for sure be looking at these cars more in detail at the 2009 International Auto Show, hopefully sitting in the it will help with a decision. I just like to hear from people who've actually owned them because that's a good way to really know what they are like out of the showroom . My best friend has an Infiniti G35, its about 4 years old, but the body hasn't held up so great, I'm already seeing some fading on the paint in the front of her ca.
  7. a sailor's girl
    I have a 2006 BMW X5. It's my baby...I LOVE it! And for an SUV it gets incredible gas mileage. It's such a smooth ride and it only needs an oil change every 15,000 miles. Plus, BMW is really into taking care of their customers. I've found them to be really easy to work with. I know mines not very old, but BMW's are pretty reliable and it hasn't given me an ounce of trouble. I'm a terrible driver so it puts up with me very nicely.

My mom has a Lexus GS and loves it. It's really roomy and rides nicely.
  8. a sailor's girl
    Quote Originally Posted by sdshorty View Post
    yea, I hear good things about BMW, but I'm just not totally convinced. I'm thinking about the 3 series, and I know they are great cars, but the styling is the only thing that holds me back.
    This week I'm actually driving a 3 series. My car is at the dealership getting something installed so they gave me a loaner car for free. It's really nice, very comfy. The only thing is its super low to the ground. But maybe it just seems that way because I'm used to be so high up. Other than that, I think the 3 series is pretty nice. I especially like the new hardtop convertibles.
  9. Carolina Girls...BEST in the World!
    Carolina Girls...BEST in the World!
    Quote Originally Posted by sdshorty View Post

You definitely got a steal

I'll for sure be looking at these cars more in detail at the 2009 International Auto Show, hopefully sitting in the it will help with a decision. I just like to hear from people who've actually owned them because that's a good way to really know what they are like out of the showroom . My best friend has an Infiniti G35, its about 4 years old, but the body hasn't held up so great, I'm already seeing some fading on the paint in the front of her ca.
    I'm car browsing myself right now too. We are probably going to start looking for me a new car soon, I'm gonna look for a Honda or Acura, not sure yet. We have had it with my car and I need to start looking. We are in the process of selling his Tahoe, so hopefully when we get the money for it, we can go car shopping for me.
    Last edited by Mrs. CJ; 08-07-2008 at 08:28 PM. Reason: typo
  10. Cookie Queen
    Cookie Queen
    *bookmarks thread to reference back to when I hit the jackpot*
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast