Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Red Queen **Possible Spoilers**

1. OG Member
    OG Member
    Blog Entries

Red Queen **Possible Spoilers**

Advertisements
    Ok so I'm about 70% through this book but I'm moving exceptionally slow because I heard a LOT of good things about it but it feels really slow. Has anyone else read it? Should I keep going? Is it worth it?

I put a spoilers warning because I didn't know if anything would post any big spoilers...

2. Senior Member
    For me, if I'm at 70% completion of book, I will finish it but I may not ever pick up the next book in the series. As for Red Queen, it took me forever to read it and I HATED the ending. I'm conflicted about whether I'd like to continue the series. I hadn't heard or read anything about it before I picked it up. I can't envision where the author intends to go in the next book which is a huge book turn-off for me.
  3. OG Member
    OG Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by daisyluvbug View Post
    For me, if I'm at 70% completion of book, I will finish it but I may not ever pick up the next book in the series. As for Red Queen, it took me forever to read it and I HATED the ending. I'm conflicted about whether I'd like to continue the series. I hadn't heard or read anything about it before I picked it up. I can't envision where the author intends to go in the next book which is a huge book turn-off for me.
    Maaaaan...I feel like I should finish it but it's just so boring. I'm just past the attack at the ball and them letting the prisoners go. Mare and Maven are on the boat and she just told him they have her blood. But I'm like what could possibly happen? I thought the attack would be the big finale to this book but it wasn't.

4. Senior Member
    OHHHH. No, the very end was a huge shock to me. The big attack probably should have been the ending. My opinion is that a lot of these dystopian YA novels have become formulaic and the authors feel the need to slowly build the plot without really building the plot and then an abrupt ending which leaves the reader confused and needing to read the next book to get answers.
  5. OG Member
    OG Member
    Blog Entries
    OHHHH. No, the very end was a huge shock to me. The big attack probably should have been the ending. My opinion is that a lot of these dystopian YA novels have become formulaic and the authors feel the need to slowly build the plot without really building the plot and then an abrupt ending which leaves the reader confused and needing to read the next book to get answers.
    Ok well that means I have to finish it, if there is a big shocking twist I have to get to it.

6. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by April Lynne View Post
    Ok well that means I have to finish it, if there is a big shocking twist I have to get to it.
    I don't know if others found it shocking or if I was just not thinking of all the possible endings which may have been why I felt that it was shocking. I am on the waitlist for the second book because I'm willing to give it another try.
  7. OG Member
    OG Member
    Blog Entries
    I don't know if others found it shocking or if I was just not thinking of all the possible endings which may have been why I felt that it was shocking. I am on the waitlist for the second book because I'm willing to give it another try.
    The second book isn't even out yet?? What the eff?? I thought there were a bunch??

8. Senior Member
    Sorry, I should have specified that I am on the waitlist at the library.
  9. OG Member
    OG Member
    Blog Entries
    Sorry, I should have specified that I am on the waitlist at the library.